Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Co. Louth - Mechanic

• 25-07-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody knows a reliable, affordable mechanic in the Dundalk, Co. Louth area; I have a 2000 Suzuki SV650 that needs two front fork seals done.

I brought my previous motorbike to a local(ish) establishment for brake lines and they firstly killed my bank account and secondly when I went for a ride the cable was too tight around the forks and when I turned left the bike went full throttle so I hope you can understand my frustration with the difficulty in finding a motorcycle mechanic who truly cares about my safety as a new rider.

All help appreciated

Regards,
    Justin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Ronan Pentony Motorcycles (RPM)
    Hill of Rath,
    Drogheda,
    County Louth,
    Ireland.
    www.rpmcycles.ie
    Telephone: 041 987 4441
    Email: info@rpmcycles.ie

Not Dundalk, but not a million miles away ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Rpm or kennedys in drogheda i used both recently and i am very happy with results for u rpm would not be a choice as its kinda away from town.. call kennedys book in, drive there, do a little walk around in town while waiting and woala job done..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Stay away from Kennedys had a terrible experience there. RPM would be my choice....very nice chap and straight as an arrow no bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

I've used both Kennedy's and RPM over the years and always had a positive experience from each. I would be very surprised if either would let a bike leave the shop without being 100% ready for the road.

Another name into the hat would be road racer Wayne Kirwan who runs MRP Services, he's based in Louth village - 086 739 4975

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Nodster wrote: »
    I've used both Kennedy's and RPM over the years and always had a positive experience from each. I would be very surprised if either would let a bike leave the shop without being 100% ready for the road.

Another name into the hat would be road racer Wayne Kirwan who runs MRP Services, he's based in Louth village - 086 739 4975

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Sinister747

Thanks to everyone for the feedback; didn't want to mention names but I had my problems with RPM and was less than impressed, I have gotten some quotes in the past from Kennedy's and they seem very expensive
    Nodster wrote:

After my drama with RPM I brought the bike to Wayne and I have to say he is a great mechanic and very reasonably priced the only problem is I find him very hard to get in contact with; am I the only one with this problem? maybe he just doesn't like me :)

<snip> your first comment was sufficient.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback; didn't want to mention names but I had my problems with RPM and was less than impressed, I have gotten some quotes in the past from Kennedy's and they seem very expensive

After my drama with RPM I brought the bike to Wayne and I have to say he is a great mechanic and very reasonably priced the only problem is I find him very hard to get in contact with; am I the only one with this problem? maybe he just doesn't like me :)

kennedys are not the cheapest indeed, but everytime i went there they didnt let me bike leave them garage untill 100% fix was made.. so its up to you.. save 5€ or get job well done.

mate can you explain little closer waht drama happend in RPM? was Ronnan there? thye service gards bikes as well and they have good reputation. so i wanna know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Opinions and experiences on shops are good to have. Main problem though is that mostly negative comments get posted on forums. And for your one bad experience there will be loads of good ones. You can see in this thread with all the "I'm surprised" comments.

In this case, yes what they did was bad but you should have gone straight back to them and let them rectify the issue. There's a warranty on work carried out for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

leppla wrote: »
    I reckon let him tell his story. He has an opinion about the place. People on here including myself are interested as too how he formed this opinion !

Boards is about expressing opinions and giving reasons for them isnt it?
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    God forbid we alert fellow bikers to a shop or a mechanic that does bad work!

I already posted what happened and it was deemed wrong, we can post hours of useless sh.it on here but something that is beneficial to us all and should be highlighted and its shut down in seconds.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I will post up what happened and change the name of the shop if people want to know, so they can still take good money for bad work....

THE OP WAS LOOKING FOR RECOMMENDATIONS.

Do not post anything potentially defamatory or libellous about businesses or people. 'Free Speech' is vetoed by the welfare of Boards.ie.
    For instance do not post anti-recommendations, if you don't like a place then do not post here to let people know.
    Service/food experiences are too subjective to be reliable and frankly, we don't know you well enough to know your reasons to put a place down.
    If you have a problem with a business and need advice, please use Consumer Issues forum.
    If someone asks for recommendations, don't use the opportunity to mention places that have "wronged" you. Take it up with the manager instead of the internet.

THREAD CLEANED UP.

• Advertisement

Bikerguy wrote: »
    sorry to hear that Gary. And thank you for sharing it may make new customers aware of potential risk.

NO POINT IN SHARING IF NO ONE GETS TO SEE IT ED :rolleyes:

P.C. wrote: »
    THE OP WAS LOOKING FOR RECOMMENDATIONS.

THREAD CLEANED UP.

There were no names mentioned in that post so how can it be defamatory or libellous????

Let the members draw their own conclusions, they dont need a useless nanny. :rolleyes:

P.C. i though you are here with us and not against. We are friendly and nobody went to destroy reputation of any business. I asked wonda/Gary for sharing the story...because i am customer of them. Please let us use the forum for its purpose. We have enough censorship outside the world. I hope you understand. I dont see any hate here, so i am beging you to let us share our life experience in calm.

thank you

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    There were no names mentioned in that post so how can it be defamatory or libellous????

Let the members draw their own conclusions, they dont need a useless nanny. :rolleyes:
    Bikerguy wrote: »
    P.C. i though you are here with us and not against. We are friendly and nobody went to destroy reputation of any business. I asked wonda/Gary for sharing the story...because i am customer of them. Please let us use the forum for its purpose. We have enough censorship outside the world. I hope you understand. I dont see any hate here, so i am beging you to let us share our life experience in calm.

thank you

Ed

Thanks for your input.

As a mod, it is my (and Zascar's) job to look out for boards.ie and other interested parties.

I think this thread has run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement