Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

076 numbers called from eircom land lines giving an international ring tone

Options
  • 25-07-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'd appreciate someone looking into this for me; 076 numbers called from eircom lines appear to be treated like international calls.

Number in question is in the  076 6805xxx range.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

McCalvin wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'd appreciate someone looking into this for me; 076 numbers called from eircom lines appear to be treated like international calls.

Number in question is in the  076 6805xxx range.

Thanks guys

Hi McCalvin

Can you PM me with the full telephone numbers calling and I will look into it for you.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭McCalvin

Hi McCalvin

Can you PM me with the full telephone numbers calling and I will look into it for you.

Mark
    PM sent- thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

PM sent- thanks

Hi McCalvin

I got your PM thanks. Are you currently connected to the VOIP (broadband talk) facility on the line. Are the calls under international on your bill.

The Voip (broadband talk international rates would be cheaper that the standard rate on the land ine phone)

Can You PM the tel no: and I can check your account directly.

Mark

Thanks for the prompt reply here guys- really appreciated. The query I have is normal eircom land lines calling my number, they receive an international dial tone and immediately hang up as they think they are calling over seas. I believe these calls are not billed as international calls but need this confirmed, also is the international dial tone expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

McCalvin... I suspect that this is because the PSTN/Mobile network sees the VOIP network as 'foreign', hence the dialtone. Unfortunately, much of current PSTN technology is carried on from standards put in place in the 60s, and the concept of multiple local transports was not a thing back then. It may be billed as foreign also, but this doesn't necessarily mean expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Thanks for the prompt reply here guys- really appreciated. The query I have is normal eircom land lines calling my number, they receive an international dial tone and immediately hang up as they think they are calling over seas. I believe these calls are not billed as international calls but need this confirmed, also is the international dial tone expected?
    [font=Times New Roman", "serif]Hi McCalvin,[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]No problem at all. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]The calls are not billed at an international, they are billed at a local rate. The dial tone will be like an international tone as they system recognises it as a international number I'm afraid.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Tracey [/font]

Hi McCalvin,

No problem at all.

The calls are not billed at an international, they are billed at a local rate. The dial tone will be like an international tone as they system recognises it as a international number I'm afraid.

Thanks

Tracey
    Thanks guys, appreciate the follow up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Thanks guys, appreciate the follow up
    No problem at all McCalvin.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement