Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable fan heater on timer

Options
  • 25-07-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Is it safe to use a 2kw portable fan heater with a plug in timer, if not is there any workaround.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

What you growing...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

The_Mask wrote: »
    What you growing...

Loose the hoodie and i'll talk to ya:D

I presume its ok to use say max 2k fan heater with a plug in timer, but think its electric radiant fires that are definitely a no no, is this right.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Fan heaters will end up costing a lot of money to run. It would be the equivalent of having your kettle going for whatever period of time you plan having them on. Is it one room you want to heat?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

2kW heater will pull just over 9A, if the timer is rated for that then yes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

From an electrical view, most plug in timers would safely switch a fan heater on-off.

But I would worry about the potential for fire!

Do you think it's safe to run it with no one to keep an eye on it?

Do the instructions say not to leave it running unattended?

This one specifically says not to!

http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/wcsstore7.00.00.656/ExtendedSitesCatalogAssetStore/images/products/AssetPush/DTP_AssetPushHighRes/std.lang.all/ic/al/Center_FH06Heater_Technical.pdf

• Do not use the heater with a programmer, timer or any other device that switches the heater on automatically.

What happens if something is left in front of it, or falls on it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement