Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dressy but not madly pricey City Centre (or close enough on bus) restaurants?

Options
  • 25-07-2013 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are hoping to go out for a nice dinner the weekend of the bank holiday - we're both having crazily busy summers and would like one special night for just us.

Our old favourite restaurant was a major disappointment last time, so we need somewhere new. We're looking for somewhere we won't look out of place if we wear nice clothes (a dress and heels for me, trousers and shirt for him). But also we'd like somewhere that fits within a price range of maybe €60 each (cheaper is better!)

Can anyone offer any advice?

Also, if it matters, we'd be going Bank Holiday Monday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are hoping to go out for a nice dinner the weekend of the bank holiday - we're both having crazily busy summers and would like one special night for just us.

Our old favourite restaurant was a major disappointment last time, so we need somewhere new. We're looking for somewhere we won't look out of place if we wear nice clothes (a dress and heels for me, trousers and shirt for him). But also we'd like somewhere that fits within a price range of maybe €60 each (cheaper is better!)

Cleaver East in the Clarence

It's superb

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hammertime wrote: »
    Cleaver East in the Clarence

It's superb

Is it open?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭krooney

Hi there,

Story of my life. I do be coming from work, fairly well dressed and she like to get dressed up too and then anywhere within my price range is not really the place to be all dressed up.

I actually bought this voucher the othe day. €69 (not too far outside my budget) For us a meal and a bottle of wine is what we like in a NICE restaurant.

http://www.thediningroom.ie/enjoy-an-amazing-3-course-a-la-carte-dinner-for-2-including-a-bottle-of-wine-at-ely-bar-brasserie/

Hope this helps. I'm going next saturday

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'd suggest Darwin's, Trocadero or Nico's, though you might need to check if they're open.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

www.meupages.ie

great site for this...

few ideas though:

Chatham brasserie
    Brasserie 66
    Havana
    Fade street social
    La tapas de lola
    Alfies
    Saba
    Damson Diner
    Izakaya
    Ciao Bella Roma
    Butcher grill Ranelagh
    Dillingers Ranelagh
    Asador Ballsbridge - www.asador.ie
    Ely - any of the branches but especially GCD and CHQ

Dublin is absolutely teeming with restaurants. it always amazes me how many there are. Outside of London there cant be a city in the UK and Ireland with more. What is quite interesting is that there are probably more restaurants in the city centre now than there are pubs and bars....who would have thought that would ever be the case in Dublin :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Bassfish

I would highly recommend Pichet. With the full a la carte menu, you'd be talking €50 each for three courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Fallon & Byrne, and I am surprised it has not been mentioned yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

LaMere Zou on Stephen Green. Never disappointed there and early bird or set menu is good value.

Advertisement