Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping in Nice France

Options
  • 25-07-2013 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

I'm going to Nice next year (29th of June) to do an ironman triathlon. I'll be travelling down in my Campervan but there doesn't seem to be any campsites in Nice.

Does anyone know of a place to park up there or a campsite which is near Nice.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 culturedkevin

Even parking would do as I could drive in early in the morning and park up for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

It seems difficult to park a camping car in Nice and there doesn't seem to be a Municipal camping in the city either.
    Don't know if this helps, but I came across this Discussion in a Forum.
    The 2nd post in this thread mentions all the parkings are too low ; they used the "Parc des Maurettes" campsite in Villeneuve Loubet and took the train/bus from there.
    Best of luck with the IronMan competition! :)

V

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Nice is one particular area of France which can be difficult for motorhomes users to find place to overnight.

Have a look HERE it's close to the rail link to Nice and has good facilities for the price considering its location. As mentioned in the comments it would be advisable to book as the end of June is getting close to the high season for the area.

You could also try Camping Le Rossignol which is €16 pn until 6th. July (this year) or Camping Le Colombier which is also €16 pn but until 10th. July (this year).
    Both sites are listed in the ACSI Camping Card book this year and probably will also be in next years. The book costs €14.95 and lists over 1,000 sites in France alone which offer discounted 'all in' prices for two adults + motorhome/caravan/tent of €12, €14 & €16 per night outside the 'high season' and comes with the discount card.

Advertisement