Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wellington Irish Soc Fundraiser

Options
  • 26-07-2013 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭

If anyone's at a loose end in Wellington this weekend, the Wellington Irish Society are putting on a live music concert in aid of the Curragh Building Project that's been going on here for a while. Tickets $15 on the door. Cash bar. Lovely Guinness, much cheaper then the Irish bars in town!

The clubrooms, for anyone that has never been, are hidden behind Cambridge Terrace at 10 Fifeshire Ave. Opposite the VW/Audi garage thats nearby. Its a lovely facility with two cash bars, large function rooms and a good library of Irish related books and photos. They're open every Friday and Sunday usually and there's always someone to catch up with.

More details of the event on the Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/WellingtonIrishClub

Society Website:
    http://www.wellingtonirishsociety.com/index.html

Recommend joining to anyone or just turn up on the bar nights, great way to meet new people and make friends if you've just recently emigrated.

In fact, we could get a regular monthly Boards beers night there if people were interested and get some snacks in the oven!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Must take a look at that place next time we're down that way, sounds nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

pclancy wrote: »
    The clubrooms, for anyone that has never been, are hidden behind Cambridge Terrace at 10 Fifeshire Ave.

The location and concealed entrance is a left-over from the days of six o'clock closing. The lane, stairs etc gave plenty of warning of an impending police raid. Or so my parents used to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Haha I'll bet. I also know for a fact a lot of cops used to drink there too :) Good times.

It used to be full of hundreds of Irish and Irish-Related dancing the night away every weekend. Sadly now numbers have dwindled a lot and the old brigade are passing on. But some exciting new stuff happening soon to get some younger crowds in there and build numbers back up again to ensure its survival for more generations of Irish.

Its one of the nicest pints of Guinness in Wellington and you can't go wrong at $7!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

pclancy wrote: »
    Haha I'll bet. I also know for a fact a lot of cops used to drink there too :) Good times.

Sure'n how else would they know to keep an eye out for the raid that was coming.

Advertisement