Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

630000 Members

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Oh it's absolutely the biggest, no doubt about that even if only 15% are "active" in a true sense of the word. On the point about how hard it is to work out, if the back end is ultimately a series of db tables then I'm sure someone smarter than me could figure out a useful number. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Callipo

I can see nothing wrong in pointing out a serial re-reg for what they are, especially when that poster has been abusing innocent-looking Feedback threads for nearly a decade in his continued attempts to undermine the entire premise of this website.

I think it's ironic that some posters in this thread appear to be mimicking my own blunt style of commentary while complaining about said style. If you can't beat them, join them?

A decade?

Who would be bothered doing that?

edit-Sorry, I just thought that was a really weird thing to say. I doubt anyone has that get up and go! 10 years? If true, then I am amazed and the internet rarely does that these days :D

If it's who I think it is, their most famous account was registered in the year 2000. ;)

Is there an issue with saying who? What's with the cloak and dagger?
    Bubbles?

Mercury_Tilt

How did you get 10 years/decade? That would make the banning in 2003?

edit due to previous posters font. Mercury_Tilt test

Font...W

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've taken this thread off-topic once already! :o
    Burn him, for he is a witch. No really. Feck him into a pond and he'll sink like a lead lifevest. He sours cows milk too. It's the Gaeilge in him. Pure ginger evil it is. And that, folks is how you go off topic. Free lesson, but paypal donations welcome.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

PM sent. I've taken this thread off-topic once already! :o

Read your PM.

You made an idiot of yourself here. It happens, move on.
    Wibbs wrote: »
    Burn him, for he is a witch. No really. Feck him into a pond and he'll sink like a lead lifevest. He sours cows milk too. It's the Gaeilge in him. Pure ginger evil it is. And that, folks is how you go off topic. Free lesson, but paypal donations welcome.

Ginger is evil. It was written on the internet once.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Oh it's absolutely the biggest, no doubt about that even if only 15% are "active" in a true sense of the word. On the point about how hard it is to work out, if the back end is ultimately a series of db tables then I'm sure someone smarter than me could figure out a useful number. :)
    LL I run outa maths when I run outa fingers and toes so game over there on my part. :D

Still, even with the web 2.0 BS Boards is doing pretty damned well. There is still a community here and quite the sitewide one too. I still reckon if you had the long sadly departed sitewide beers many of the same faces would show up, that show up to the more local forums. This is a good thing too.

In a way the hard numbers don't really matter. If we went back to 07, or 03 the hard numbers would certainly be the lesser, but it was a helluva community back then. So if it drops in the future, I still think the core of people and content would still keep on chugging, if we keep the vibe that sustained the community in the past. If that's lost, so are we.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Callipo wrote: »
    You made an idiot of yourself here. It happens, move on.
    I do so on a near hourly basis. Not so sure about the moving on part, but at least I'm consistent. Wibbs, skewing the idiot quotient since 2005. Yea I can live with that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

You're going to have to explain that one to me. Slowly and loudly, if you think it necessary.
    Lurker mostly, but long time member. Here's a bit of advice...stop digging. I don't mean to be abusive, but you've made enough of a fool of yourself here, so just stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Soooo.... can we longcat this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Soooo.... can we longcat this thread?

Might as well. It'd be a nice little nostalgia trip for this unusual reunion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Jesus wept...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think we're done here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement