Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Cat Outside Crying

• 26-07-2013 1:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭

So my OH and I adopted two cats from the DSPCA two years ago, a brother and sister. Sadly in February, the male (Sham) went missing and we never saw him again :( Since that time other cats have started entering what we assume was his territory and his sister (Boxxy) has gotten in a few minor screechy fights at night. Thankfully with no injuries.

Anyway, lately it seemed to calm down and a new cat has appeared who seems to want to be around her (even though she's neutered!) and has even come into the apartment through an open window once and just sat on the windowsill before we spotted him and put him back out. He doesn't seem to be aggressive and just sat there but she reacts badly hissing and puffing up her tail.

This brings us to the last few nights and the cat has started sitting on the patio or just outside it, repeatedly crying in a sad repetitive way. It's loud enough to wake both of us! He even comes up and leans on the windowsill sometimes with his front paws!!

Just wondering if anyone has any similar experience and/or advice please? We both keep irregular hours with work and college and don't know what to do about our new night visitor :p Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

I can imagine that this new cat is just looking for a new home ;)
    They have a high sense of what is good for them and because he saw that you have a cat and he thinks she's well looked after, probably he wants the same attentions.
    Two years ago I had a similar experience. A ginger cat started wandering around our house meowing especially at night. He was a little shy at first, but after some weeks he got more confident and one night he came to me asking for food.
    Well, he stayed with us since and he's such a lovely cat, friendly and faithful, looks like a dog. He knows we helped him when he needed to be helped and he's still thanking us with his great love.
    So, try feed him once and see how he reacts. It could be a nice surprise ;)

Advertisement