Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Token meter

Options
  • 26-07-2013 4:02am
    Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭

Why do I still get a bill when I have a token meter and why does it go into debit/credit? When in credit why do I not see any money back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi J.P.M.,

Thank you for your query. The function of a Token Meter is to keep current consumption paid up-to-date while steadily collecting arrears that were built up before it's installation. Having a Token Meter installed in your premise will not affect the billing function so you will still receive bills as normal.

As is the practice across Electric Ireland, all customers will receive a bi-monthly bill. You can consider this invoice as a statement of account. The bill you receive is not based on the Token Meter, it is based on the units used by the you in a given billing period. It is a way to track your usage and any outstanding arrears. If the debt on your account has not yet cleared, then this balance will show on your bills.

If your most recent bill was based on an actual reading and you are in credit, then the Token Meter will have to be removed before we can process a refund for this amount. Token Meters are allocated to collect debt, so when the debt has cleared the meter has completed its task.

If you would like me to take a look at your account and give you some more specific advice, please PM our Electric Ireland Reps account with confirmation of your full name, address, contact number and that you are the account holder.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement