Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Substitution query.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

All my subs have been through an RFD as i buy from them, and for the reasons i said above they take the gun being traded as a deposit.

However when it's been someone buying directly from me the process was not exactly as described by the lads in the FPU.

Also the thing about the license being handed in with the gun. Never knew that, and never asked for it. I have a pile of old licenses from guns going back to start of the new system (not counting all my licenses from the old system).
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

zlezlius wrote: »
    The only thing the whole turnaround should take couple of weeks, not 3-6 months.This is what I was told this morning

From their lips to God's ears.

I've always found my FO to be seriously good, and on the ball. When he retired i was worried the new one would not be as efficient, and after a slightly rocky start he was as good. However the speed of subs dropped drastically. Little did i realise it's not the FO, but getting the final signature.

I have a couple of subs in at the moment, and am sending two more in tomorrow (when he is back on duty). The ones i sent in last Monday were done (on his end) and sent to the main station the following day. Now they are sitting there, and might do for up to 2 months like the last ones. Why. No one there to sign off on them.

I've also heard an unsubstantiated rumour that only Supers will be allowed to sign off on new applications. As it is Inspectors have been signing for Super for both new applications, and subs. Now they want to stop them from signing for anything but subs. The reason being you already have a gun and license so it's a straight forward issue, but they want Supers to give the nod to any new gun licenses/applications. That'll slow the process down even more.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Ok guys panic over my substitution finally came through yesterday.

Happy days.

Not to "steal the limelight", but got a call yesterday evening myself to tell me both my subs were done and being printed. So my worries:
    Cass wrote: »
    Now they are sitting there, and might do for up to 2 months like the last ones. Why. No one there to sign off on them.
    ....... were unnecessary.

BTW a word of warning that may only apply to a few lads. I put in my subs a couple of weeks ago. I used my 2012-2013 deer license as i hadn't got my new one. Luckily the girls are on the ball and easy to deal with. They rang, asked for a scanned copy of my new one, and processed the sub with the new license there and then. By the time my sub was being done, and because i done it so close to the new deer license being issued there was a cross over point where my old one was expired.

So if anyone put in a sub for a new rifle for the new season, make sure to contact your FO incase they need a copy of the new deer license.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Following a sub of my pistol earlier in the year I decided to update my European Firearms Pass, Dropped a note and my pass in an envelope (Rural station part time hours) and popped it in the letterbox Wed lunchtime, Noticed the squad car outside later that evening so called into make sure they got it ok, Got it no bother he says left it in the regional station earlier!

Long story short it landed in the post Thursday morning!! Great Service from the Gardai,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Just a bit of update on my own substitution case. Went to see FO last week. Took me three visits before I got him, but thats probably normal enough...Anyway, friendly and understanding man he was, promissed to see if there's anything he can do, cause I was waiting for nearly 3 months and he admited that sub shouldn't take that long normally. In three days got phone call from him saying that it's been granted and ill get it in a couple of days.Good man I said!

Licence in the post today:D
    Just about enough time to get rifle ready for the 1st!

Advertisement