Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI: Unwarranted Charge

Options
  • 26-07-2013 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭

[Content deleted: I don't want this post in this forum.]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I have recently questioned their charges on my accounts.
    The fee notification letter, which incidentally was posted after the charges were applied to my account, noted atm charges on an account that does not have an atm card.
    Like you they tried to put me through the wringer, but I asked them to provide proof of my request/application for a card on that account and to provide me with a statement highlighting the atm uses from my account.
    The account is a house account, my tenant pays rent into it and I pay household bills from it via direct debit, there are never any atm withdrawals or point of sale transactions.
    Long story short, they couldn't prove the transactions and I threatened to go to the ombudsman if they didn't refund the charges - this did the job!

I think they are trying to scatter gun approach of charging for things in the hope that people will not review their notices and challenge them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement