Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone Lightning cable wiggles, problem charging.

• 26-07-2013 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Hi,

When I connect my Lightning cable to my iPhone, I have to mess with it to get it to start charging, it's annoying me now as this is my second iPhone 5, Apple replaced my last one when the problem started but should this really be happening again? 2 phones in less than a year? Anyone else having this problem and trust me I am not being rough with the cable when plugging it in or out.

Here is a video on youtube with someone who else has the same problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Have you tried another cable. My sister had trouble with the cable she got with her iPad mini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Could it be that the cable got a pull while it was in the phone and has somehow damaged the innards of the phone (twice now..) It's odd that the connector appears to be straight but the orientation changes the direction of having to push to make it disconnect. Does the problem completely go away when using a different cable? If so it's just a slightly bent lightening connector, and if not then it's the port on the phone that is damaged. I'm sure you've already figured that out yourself but there's not much else I can really get from this. I haven't had any such problems and the connection is strong enough that I could probably swing my phone around by the cable, although I don't want to try that.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

This happens me with 3 different apple cables on the iPhone 5. Usually have to reverse cable to get it charging for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Tried a different cable the last time it happened and I still had the same problem. My mate is knocking over later with his cable so I will try that in the phone but I won't hold my breath.

The last time Apple replaced it but they sent me a locked phone and then it took another few days and a few calls to apple to get that sorted.

Don't want to head to Belfast to the Apple shop but it might be better than getting another one sent out.

It's annoying now, I spent €750 on the phone last September and its a load of bollox that it's now happened twice.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Not sure it helps much, but mine has been like this for a few months and it hasn't gotten any worse as yet, doesn't bother me greatly so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 i_am_beard

It is the cable though that is causing this and not the phone, the cables are poorly made and I only seem to get a few months before they need to be replaced.

It seems the cables are having a detrimental affect on the battery too as having them charge then stop charging then wiggle around to charge again must be messing up the battery's memory.

Mine is certainly dropping in time that it lasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I had this problem with my iphone and have since had it replaced by Apple. Figured it was due to the cheap 3rd party cables that I'd been using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I have tried brand new lightening cables on my iPhone and still the same problem, so it's definitely the phone not the cable.

I really have to mess around with it when trying to get it to charge. I'll make a trip to Belfast soon before the warranty runs out next month.

Advertisement