Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband - or lack of it

Options
  • 26-07-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

I have been a long time customer with eircom. Id say for the past two years the broadband has broke our heart. We have had probably at least ten different modems, splitters, technicans calling out and hours upon hours to the technical support team.
    We are now at the end of our tether, unless someone who can sort the problem sorts it and finds the problem, we are cancelling our eircom contract once and for all.
    Ive asked to speak to a manager numberous times and got told no its not possible, ive asked for call backs and never got any. The level of customer care for such a large company is terrible.
    Can anyone here help me? Ive complained via the website two days ago, get a message saying someone will be back to me in 24 hours, still nothing.
    Basically the BB drops signal, so your looking at a webpage and you get page cannot be displayed. We dont even dream of trying to steam anything anymore or play games like poker etc. In my complaint I have also requested sufficent credit for a service I am not using.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

mel123 wrote: »
    I have been a long time customer with eircom. Id say for the past two years the broadband has broke our heart. We have had probably at least ten different modems, splitters, technicans calling out and hours upon hours to the technical support team.
    We are now at the end of our tether, unless someone who can sort the problem sorts it and finds the problem, we are cancelling our eircom contract once and for all.
    Ive asked to speak to a manager numberous times and got told no its not possible, ive asked for call backs and never got any. The level of customer care for such a large company is terrible.
    Can anyone here help me? Ive complained via the website two days ago, get a message saying someone will be back to me in 24 hours, still nothing.
    Basically the BB drops signal, so your looking at a webpage and you get page cannot be displayed. We dont even dream of trying to steam anything anymore or play games like poker etc. In my complaint I have also requested sufficent credit for a service I am not using.
    Hi mel123

Can you PM me with your eircom account number and name on the account and I will look into the contact history with us and follow up on the complaint you logged.

Thanks, Mark

Hi mel123

Can you PM me with your eircom account number and name on the account and I will look into the contact history with us and follow up on the complaint you logged.

Thanks, Mark

Hi mel123

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I got your PMs but I am still following up the case history with support I should have an update in a few days.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭mel123

Thanks.

mel123 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Hi mel123

I had managers in broadband support run detailed tests on the line. They could not find an issue. They went through the case history.

They advised they need to trouble-shoot with you again. I set a copy of your thread and made it clear the previous steps and calls you made.

However we can not escalate based on the results from the tests directly from the exchange which were monitored over the last 24 hours.

Can you call 1890 260 260 and if the case is escalated we can track it from here.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement