Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

symptoms

Options
  • 26-07-2013 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

How early in pregnancy have you felt morning sickness or other symptoms?? And how soon after missed period should you test?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

How early in pregnancy have you felt morning sickness or other symptoms?? And how soon after missed period should you test?

As someone who was a serial pregnancy tester for a decade, I'd be testing the day my period was due, and every morning afterwards! This is my first pregnancy, my symptoms didn't really start until a couple of weeks after the + test result - although I was absolutely STARVING all during that couple of weeks, couldn't eat enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I tested positive on day 24 of my cycle so about 4 days early on my first. Sickness had already kicked in by that stage. By 4.5 weeks I had every symptom you could imagine: vomiting, sore boobs, cramps, tiredness, headaches!

This time round I tested positive at 7 weeks: didn't bother test until then. Have nausea and tiredness which is fairly bad but not as bad as first time round :)

I really wouldn't recommend testing until after your period is due: too likely to get a false negative if you were, or just point blank not believe it. That's what I used do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I probably wouldn't test until I was actually overdue. Saying that I tested about 10/11 days dpo this time and got a faint positive. The only symptoms I noticed at the that stage were that I had a noticeably increased amount of saliva all the time and my cm hadn't dried up the way it normally did before my period usually arrived. I did feel crampy for a week or two after my period should have arrived. I also had a very itchy scalp from a few days after ovulation for about 4-5 days but I don't know whether this was anyway related. The hunger kicked in for a week or two around 5 weeks but things like nausea, breast tenderness and tiredness only kicked in around 6ish weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

SS might you be following up an April 2013 baba with an April 2014?! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I tested positive 4 days after my period was due. Ms etc didn't kick in until 5 weeks (so 3 weeks after my period was due) but before I tested positive I had sore boobs/nipples. It felt different to any time they had been sore with my period and I just knew I was pregnant.

Now he's on my lap being fed - isn't it amazing how it happens? They come from nothing it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

First time i tested the day my period was due. I started feeling nauseous around week 5 and from 6 weeks on i was vomiting and tired all the time until about 16 weeks.
    Second time i tested about a week later. Now nearly 7 weeks nausea has just kicked in. But im starving all the time. And sooooo tired. I suppose between work being very busy and running around after a 15 month old thats to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Digs wrote: »
    SS might you be following up an April 2013 baba with an April 2014?! :-)

Not sure yet :eek: Iv been feeling unwell for a week now and I'm due AF today but not tested gonna wait till tuesday or wednesday to test it gives AF to show if its going to.. I was sick from 6 weeks on with DS.. I worked out my EDD and its April 2nd and Jacks birthday is April 11th so if I go on on due date like I did Jack I'll have two under a year old :eek::eek:

Iv also noticed been REALLY tired too had a mild bit of cramping here and there like first time too (paranoid its all in my head though)

Oh best of luck!! Hope you get the result you want, let us know :) all indicators sound positive anyway :)

We are so so tempted but too chicken at the same time. Our little one is so easy going we're being told its only fair we get a demon next time ;) will hold off for a few months yet anyway!!

Digs wrote: »
    Oh best of luck!! Hope you get the result you want, let us know :) all indicators sound positive anyway :)

We are so so tempted but too chicken at the same time. Our little one is so easy going we're being told its only fair we get a demon next time ;) will hold off for a few months yet anyway!!

Well my doctor said been that I needed medication first time to just let it happen this time and not to use protection didn't expect that I'd be thinkin bout testing this soon. Time will tell will keep the updates comin anyway

Ooh, keep us updated! I have grand plans of getting cracking on #2 straight after I leave hospital on this one ;) Well, not quite, but as I'll be nearly 38 when I give birth, we don't want to leave it too long - will very much depend on how well behaved #1 is tho!
    A girl in my job returned to work unknowingly pregnant 3 times!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

It was about six or seven weeks before the morning sickness etc kicked in for me but the cramping was noticeable around the date my period was due and I was also an emotional wreck. Test positive two days before period due on first pregnancy. Best of luck with everything:)

well I broke and tested it was negative not due AF till tomorrow :/ so confused so am waiting on AF now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

well I broke and tested it was negative not due AF till tomorrow :/ so confused so am waiting on AF now

I tested every day from 4 days before my period was due because I was convinced I was pregnant - still didn't get a positive until 4 days after period was due so you never know. Also, it's best if you test in the morning as your pee has higher levels if the hormones in it then so maybe try in the morning in a day or two?

yea IF no period by next tuesday or wednesday I will think about testing.. but until now I'm clockwork so we will see if its late first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Best of luck SS as Digs said hope you get the result you want :-)

Best of luck SS

thanks all will see what happens after weekend and if AF shows I'll post to let you all know

I dont do well waiting very well I'll drive myself crazy first time I didnt realise until 5 weeks when I just tested to make sure that it wasnt pregnancy but food poisoning but lone behold I was :) best surprise ever

Good luck SS. I just had that hard to explain "feeling" when I tested with my lo so maybe it's just to early for you at the moment.

Well between needing to pee and feeling ill and not been able to tolerate hubbys deodorant (which I loved) it all points to one thing except the stick says different

as I said I was 5 weeks the first time so no testing too early so I dont know if it doesnt register till closer to that far along or if my hormones are playing tricks I just know I'm never like this with period

I can safely say I think I'm going completely mad

Edit: also no energy and restless at night

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've been looking through this thread and wondering the same thing. I haven't had a normal AF in two months. Had spotting for two days this month and last but thats it. Have been having really bad cramping in my lower back for the last week, in addition to waves of exhaustion (but unable to sleep at night some nights), and a noticeable increase in the size of my boobs (boyfriend pointed it out, thats how noticeable). Today I have tenderness on the boobs and one or two other things. I did a test two days ago and it came up with a slight line that then went away. Not sure whether or not thats a BFN, but no sign of AF and I've become a little paranoid.

Symptomns sound promising to anyone or can I write this off as an off month?

• Advertisement

Only one way to find out! Keep testing!! Good luck x

Well I'm testing tomorrow so will update then.. Still no AF and been having muscle spasms in my lower tummy which I had with my little man.. Anxious to find out now

Fingers crossed x

Well looks like a game of hide and seek with AF... It's still not here yet I'm feeling like I did with DS so I'm confused its still BFN I'm now 2-3 days late and nothing to indicate its on route.. anyone have something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ameee

I had symptoms a week before I was due af. I was dizzy everytime I stood up,felt wrecked<my chest was really sore and I was craving mad food. It was our first month trying for this one so I thought I was being an idiot being so convinced I was pregnant straight away as it was much more likely that I wasnt but happily I am. I tested at 35 days (have a 32 day cycle) and it was positive.

today is day 34 :/ am sooooo confused

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Have your periods been regular since they came back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What test are you using? Clearblue is the most sensitive for me.

The problem with early pregnancy symptoms is they can all be very similar to PMS.

they came back bang on the 6 week mark and been regular each month since...

And it was a dunnes own brand test.. but my PMS is always just my tummy for few days leading up to them and the first few days of.. I was sick with Jack and sore back and tired and so on thats why I'm confused

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Get yourself the clearblue fancypants test. I was still getting negs on the cheapies at 5 weeks when clearblue was a positive 2 days.

Advertisement