Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

symptoms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Hmmm either that or visit my doctor maybe? If nothin else he can do bloods

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Definitely get the clear blue tests. They're the most sensitive. When I got pregnant on A I knew I was pregnant 2 days before my period was due. I was light headed and had palpitations which were the very same signs as O. I did a few cheapie tests which came up as negative but the clear blue showed me being 1-2 weeks pregnant. I was at the gp as O was sick and asked him to confirm pregnancy at the same time. That was 2 days after my clear blue test and 4 days late and it showed a very faint line after 10 minutes.

You'll get a conclusive answer from the clear blue.

yea think I'm gonna have to I've all the feelings I had first time yet cheapies say BFN... I'm in my G's tomorrow and see what he thinks.. Are the GP's as sensitive as clear blue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

No the gp usually has the cheapie tests which is why it's recommended to wait about 5-7 days after your period is due to get the pregnancy confirmed. However I got a faint line after 10 mins and the gp said a line is a line. he was right and I'm feeding her right now :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... not sure what to do he may do bloods maybe..

I'll pick up a clearblue on my way home

• Advertisement

Tmi- had a fair bit of white cm tonight could it mean later Ovulation than I thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Tmi- had a fair bit of white cm tonight could it mean later Ovulation than I thought?

Could be, or could be a mucus plug forming.

It's all so ambiguous.

Did you get the clearblue test and take it?

I was told to test over the weekend and see what it comes up as.. If its positive I'm been sent to EPU if negative he say's its likely to be a miscarriage due to the symptoms and to expect a heavy AF with clots and move onto the next month

So no better off than I was yesterday but suspect its what he thinks

well tested today instead of the weekend and its BFP :eek:
    In shock, but a good way:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Congratulations!!!

• Advertisement

That's great news!

Im bricken it though goin with due dates My son might just be a 1 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Im bricken it though goin with due dates My son might just be a 1 year old

Congrats on bfp :) my daughter will be turning one just over two weeks after baby no2 due date I'm both terrified and excited about this! I'm sure though they will be the best of friends, lots of fun times ahead! :)

think I'll be keeping an eye on how it goes for you... when are you due??

I can understand when you say "I'm both terrified and excited" I'm the very same

think I'll be keeping an eye on how it goes for you... when are you due??

I can understand when you say "I'm both terrified and excited" I'm the very same

I'm due December 15th, I'll keep you updated on how it all goes hopefully there will be alot more of the exciting times than the terrifying ones ;)

I reckon we will work ourselves into thinking we cant do it but we will fly it... there's always tricky times but few hours later its all forgotten :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Aw, congrats!! :D

Thank you roll on the fun times

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

well tested today instead of the weekend and its BFP :eek:
    In shock, but a good way:D

Oh wow, congrats!! :)

Thank you :-)
    I've been awake ages forgot bout been like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Ah yes, the insomnia. 6am body alarm clock for me! That constitutes a lie in :-) Good practice for what's ahead though, lol!

Seriously though, best of luck with it all, I hope it's the result you wanted. :-)

I reckon we will work ourselves into thinking we cant do it but we will fly it... there's always tricky times but few hours later its all forgotten :)

Very true the tricky times are very soon forgotten, especially when you get that big smile :) ah we will do great!!

was at my doctors and there test dont show up positive yet I do another and there it is.. how bad are there tests?

well I'm sick now like I was with DS so I've no doubts at all just the nurse said they only read it within a few seconds of the control line appearing yet any test I've done says read at 3 mins and it may show up at 1 min

she said that she had the same thing last week, I'm nearly certain there different tests and there prob getting them cheaper or something

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

was at my doctors and there test dont show up positive yet I do another and there it is.. how bad are there tests?

well I'm sick now like I was with DS so I've no doubts at all just the nurse said they only read it within a few seconds of the control line appearing yet any test I've done says read at 3 mins and it may show up at 1 min

she said that she had the same thing last week, I'm nearly certain there different tests and there prob getting them cheaper or something

The ones they use in the doctor's surgery are sensitive from 25micro litres of hormone. The first response ect start at 10micro litres.

They're just less sensitive.

the test I did I think says 20ml
    maybe another week I'll get it in the doctors

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Also the nurse is wrong, the tests in doctors surgeries are supposed to be read at 5mins!

see I thought that but she knew best... Can be very irritating I was hoping all would have been done today but nope gotta wait till monday.. My doctor said come back if it was positive and he would send me to EPU and he's on holidays so his fill in just said I need to see the nurse not him so that was that..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

see I thought that but she knew best... Can be very irritating I was hoping all would have been done today but nope gotta wait till monday.. My doctor said come back if it was positive and he would send me to EPU and he's on holidays so his fill in just said I need to see the nurse not him so that was that..

My doc just took my word for it...

when I was there last week he asked if I felt I was and I said last time I felt this way was with DS but he wasnt there today and the nice fill in wasnt there either :(

But I'm testing positive with different tests and "negitive" there (after 3 seconds of looking at test) Gonna say to do bloods I cant keep goin back and forth

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    My doc just took my word for it...

Mine too.

Advertisement