Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

symptoms

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

That's a bit ridiculous SS. They should just be taking your word for it as its well known that clear blue etc are more accurate. And as I said the doc ones need to be read at 5 mins (I know, Ive used them, in fact the instructions say its only a negative after 10 mins!)
    How many times do they expect you to come back and forth to them?!

Take a pic on your phone of any more tests as proof or maybe ring your surgery when your own doc is back and ask them to send a letter to maternity hospital. It's not that easy trekking up and down to the docs with a 4 month old!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Very frustrating SS! The bloods are probably the way to go alright. I had a similar situation when I went to the doctor to confirm this pregnancy. I was testing positive on a cheapie but negative on hers. She said that doctors tests were very sensitive and gave me one of hers to use in a day or two. She told me to come back then if it was positive but seemed doubtful that she'd be seeing me. I spent a fortune on clearblue and first response on the way home and used them and one of the ones I got online. All came up positive quicker that the time recommended and without a first morning sample. Everything I've read since has said that the ones the GPs use are less sensitive than most of the chemist ones these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Oh trust me he hates sitting idle he likes been at home on his baby matt. I'm exhausted and in a way I'm stressed thinkin I'm gettin one result and there sayin well your not.
    My doctor is gone for the next 4 weeks he said he'll be back in September he has twin babies himself from IVF so he's very understanding.
    I'm doin one more test in the mornin I'll bring them all with me next Monday and a test to do there in front of her. Bet her test says no again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Bottom line, it's virtually impossible to get a false negative so your gp's tests are just not sensitive enough! Bide your time, the gp's test will come up positive eventually!

That's true it's just the aggravation of waiting. There's a family party in a months time so questions will be asked why I'm not Drinking

• Advertisement

That's true it's just the aggravation of waiting. There's a family party in a months time so questions will be asked why I'm not Drinking

Ah, time to (re)roll out the ol' "I'm on an antibiotic" line! ;)

I can bet first thing they'll say is 'your pregnant' there clever lol

I can bet first thing they'll say is 'your pregnant' there clever lol

I don't think that line has ever worked! When I was first pregnant, in order to get away with not drinking I told people I was out on the lash the previous night and I was hanging - it seemed not to arouse suspicion! With a small baby already, I'm sure you can be the designated driver/parent who's getting up with baba in the morning to excuse the not drinking.

yea its looking to be that kinda excuse :P

I'll be 10-11 weeks then not that the nurse will agree

What would cause a test to get lighter? The lines are there but lighter than 2 days ago but all of them are exactly the same lightness since? Would that be normal at 6 weeks?

• Advertisement

What would cause a test to get lighter? The lines are there but lighter than 2 days ago but all of them are exactly the same lightness since? Would that be normal at 6 weeks?

All the tests seem to say disregard/don't read after 10 mins - I think the chemical reaction changes over time. If it came up positive within the stated time its positive though!

It's up within a min every time. It's just its lighter now and yesterday (both the same level of lightness) and 2 days ago was fairly dark in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Gossipgirl24

Hi I have pcos and am overweight.we are trying for number 2. It took us 4 years to get pregnant with our son. My cycle is around 34 days I used to never get periods at all so I'm happy that it's getting more regular. I'm not sure when I ovulate I don't test or anything . I am day 23 today I'm not sure if it's too early to even be getting symptoms . My boobs feel heavier , I'm so tired , iv broken out in acne, iv been having the strangest dreams and I can't stop eating . Has anyone else had simular and been pregnant? I can't test yet as it would still be too early still . I'm so impatient. I don't normally get these symptoms before my period maybe my boobs might get little heavier but that's about it . This ttc is hard stuff ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The problem with pregnancy symptoms is that they're very very similar to period symptoms. They're practically interchangable. Just wait another little while and test, it's all you can do.

Advertisement