Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condensation in the tent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

Is your tent single skin? I never found a solution to condensation in a single skin tent, no matter how generous the vent and flysheet were.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Don't have the problem in the sleeping part, its just the outer skin where my belongings would be stored.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Nothing much you can do about it. Hot air (inside tent) cold air (outside) interface. Vent as much as possible. Use a microfibre small towel to rub down before packing up to remove as much moisture as poss. It works. Inside and out.

Just DRY IT OUT COMPLETELY when you get home. Hang it up in the garage. It happens to everyone, but 5 minutes to get it out when you get home will prolong the life of your tent. Poles pegs etc. Tent bag inside out aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

No tricks, ah well. Think i'll be storing my stuff in the car in the future. I'v been drying the tent in the attic after every use. Cheers for the replies.

Advertisement