Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony poor customer service

Options
  • 26-07-2013 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭

Came home Monday turned on my TV and Sky box and all that appeared on screen was HDMI 1 so I went over checked the Sky+HD box HDMI was connected same with the TV so tried all the rest of the HDMI ports and nothing still no picture so tried the Sky HD box from the sitting room with a different HDMI lead again nothing. So I called Sony (Indian call centre 27 minutes on hold) was told to update the firmware on the television did that and still nothing so called back told them it wasn't working so they said they would have to send someone out to repair the TV and to email them proof of purchase which I did. After many emails and calls during the week asking me to send my address and phone number and promised a call from the crowd who will repair the TV this morning nothing. Logged into my email and again another email saying my address was wrong and to email them back the right address. Two months warranty left and it seems like they are trying to delay any repair with all the bull**** saying my address is wrong for **** sake I have lived here for 24 years I should know the right address.

"No Tipperary whats right address no no Tipperary" Indian version of Consuela from Family Guy.

What should I do now? Small claims court? Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks just sick and tired of this decoying ****

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Chris___ wrote: »
    Came home Monday turned on my TV and Sky box and all that appeared on screen was HDMI 1 so I went over checked the Sky+HD box HDMI was connected same with the TV so tried all the rest of the HDMI ports and nothing still no picture so tried the Sky HD box from the sitting room with a different HDMI lead again nothing. So I called Sony (Indian call centre 27 minutes on hold) was told to update the firmware on the television did that and still nothing so called back told them it wasn't working so they said they would have to send someone out to repair the TV and to email them proof of purchase which I did. After many emails and calls during the week asking me to send my address and phone number and promised a call from the crowd who will repair the TV this morning nothing. Logged into my email and again another email saying my address was wrong and to email them back the right address. Two months warranty left and it seems like they are trying to delay any repair with all the bull**** saying my address is wrong for **** sake I have lived here for 24 years I should know the right address.

"No Tipperary whats right address no no Tipperary" Indian version of Consuela from Family Guy.

What should I do now? Small claims court? Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks just sick and tired of this decoying ****
    Where did you buy the television? The retailer is obliged by law to repair replace or refund for up to 6 years as long as the fault is due to faulty goods or workmanship and not caused by external damage.

You should contact the retailer at the premises you bought the tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Retailer, not manufacturer. Although I'll repeat my normal rant about Sony not being all they're cracked up to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

. . . Two months warranty left and . . .

This ^^^ Your TV is still under warranty. Your contract is with the retailer so contact them for repair and service. Surprised the agent on the phone wouldn't tell you this !

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

The shop the TV was purchased has ceased trading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The shop the TV was purchased has ceased trading.
    Then you are at the mercy of the manufacturer and their warranty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement