Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore Show 2013

Options
  • 26-07-2013 12:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭

Anyone going to this? I heard the crowds are usually 60,000 or more & am wondering if its a good family day out or is it mainly geared towards farmers?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

no, not just farmers!!! its a good day out but depends on the weather. Allow plenty of time getting there and going home as traffic is always busy. Wide variety of stalls, animals etc so enough to keep all happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

We are really looking forward to the show this year. Have been to it the last few year's since it moved out to Blueball (and I used to go when I was small). It's a great family day out. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes as there's a lot of walking. Lots of food and craft stalls, plenty of sampling! :p Lot's of house/garden/energy stalls also. Also a good one to see is the inventions section. Also the sheepdog trials and the dog's obstacle course. And you must visit the Man of Aran fudge if he's there (if he's not my son will be very dissapointed!). We tend to bring a picnic with us as I would imagine the food vans are quite expensive but they smell good! The only thing I don't like are the stalls which sell the cheap tat you would find on the Clara market.

Fingers crossed for the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Anyone going to this? I heard the crowds are usually 60,000 or more & am wondering if its a good family day out or is it mainly geared towards farmers?

Way more than just for farmers lol! (but there's lots for them too!)
    Theres bouncy castles and a big tented bar showing sports on a big screen, lots of food/ cookery stalls and demos.
    We are in the craft and lifestyle pavillion which is sponsored by the Offaly Enterprise board & has stalls from lots of local small businesses with all sorts of things. Drop in :D

Advertisement