Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Nightclubs these days?

Options
  • 26-07-2013 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

Have a few friends from London coming over tonight, looking for a few clubs in Dublin. I've been going to bars and late bars mainly, haven't really been in a dublin nightclub since Spirit about five+ years ago.

What are the options these days?

Cheers.

Not Coppers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Well if you liked Spirit you'll probably like The Twisted Pepper
    Pygmalion are more of a late bar but they play house music

Are you looking for dance music?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Dandelion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

D2 Harcourt St.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Wow, Spirit totally forgot about that but I would try the Twisted Pepper or maybe Sin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

Lux23 wrote: »
    Wow, Spirit totally forgot about that but I would try the Twisted Pepper or maybe Sin.

Sin is still open??

That takes me back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Ok thanks, hadn't even heard of some of them. I'd say dance music later on alright.

What's Grand Social like?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Rezident wrote: »
    Ok thanks, hadn't even heard of some of them. I'd say dance music later on alright.

What's Grand Social like?

very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Cool. Someone else mentioned Workman's Club, never been there either, what's it like?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hipster rubbish, the black door is nice too

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Grand Social is great, but it isn't really a Dance place. its more indie/bands, as is the workmans club.

If youre looking for Dance clubs, I would have said check out:

Howl at the moon - mainstream Dance but very big and good age mix- 20s and 30s

Dandelion- Mainstream Dance again but a nice club

Café en Seine - mainstream Dance and great if your friends like that kind of over the top interior. I know so many people that have come over from England and absolutely love this place- nothing so extravagant in England.

If youre looking for somewhere a little more upmarket that plays more house type music - try, Everleigh Garden- really nicely laid out place, most of the club is outdoors so great in the good weather

Krystal- a little pretentious but if they are into that scene they will enjoy it.

Same goes for the Black door as mentioned and Madison club, also lillies Bordello and Buck Whaleys.

I would defo take them to no 37 on Dawson street. that is a fantastic bar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

liffeylite wrote: »

Café en Seine - mainstream Dance and great if your friends like that kind of over the top interior. I know so many people that have come over from England and absolutely love this place- nothing so extravagant in England.
    If youre looking for somewhere a little more upmarket that plays more house type music - try, Everleigh Garden- really nicely laid out place, most of the club is outdoors so great in the good weather
    Krystal- a little pretentious but if they are into that scene they will enjoy it.
    Same goes for the Black door as mentioned and Madison club, also lillies Bordello and Buck Whaleys.

All of the above basically play pop music. Is it commercial dance you're after?

If you are after proper house, techno, disco or electro you have very few genuine options unfortunately. Twisted Pepper is probably your best bet, followed by The Button Factory and occasionally The Sugar Club. Your best bet is to check what is playing on the night in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Tusky wrote: »

If you are after proper house, techno, disco or electro you have very few genuine options unfortunately. Twisted Pepper is probably your best bet, followed by The Button Factory and occasionally The Sugar Club. Your best bet is to check what is playing on the night in question.

Not sure where you'll find a 'proper' electro night in Dublin. Twisted Pepper would be the go-to place for techno and house, depending on the night as you said.

Sugar Club suffers from the tiered booth seating. The dance floor is miniscule. Some of the gigs are worthwhile though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

liffeylite wrote: »
    Grand Social is great, but it isn't really a Dance place. its more indie/bands, as is the workmans club.

I would defo take them to no 37 on Dawson street. that is a fantastic bar!
    Seriously, you'd be hard pushed to pick out a worse selection of "dance clubs" than the ones you've listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Seriously, you'd be hard pushed to pick out a worse selection of "dance clubs" than the ones you've listed.

If any any of those places are what passes for proper dance music......sad state of affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Where did you go to after OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wattlendaub

hipster rubbish, the black door is nice too

What's the scene/music at the black door like?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Manuva

check the events section of resident-advisor if your looking for electronic/non chart stuff. There does seem to be a major lack of proper dance nights in Dublin these days, especially since Tripod closed, it could pull in the mid level house/electro whatever acts fairly regularly (i.e booka shade/felix etc)

http://www.residentadvisor.net/events.aspx

Advertisement