Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to upgrade to eFibre - Having problems with upgrading online.

Options
  • 26-07-2013 1:20pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Apparently eFibre is now available in my area. Tried to log on this morning to start the upgrading process. Having problems entering my details via the website though, and it's blocking me from doing so on "Step 1".

Basically, it asks for my account number and my telephone number, but when I enter them in, it comes up as not being valid.

I was wondering if this is because....
    1. My house phone is not with Eircom, but my internet is.
    2. It's a business account, as there's a taxi company run out of the house. 

That means that the telephone number given on the bill, which has our Eircom account number on it, is not the same as our house phone number. Furthermore, the phone number on the bill is a 10 digit number, which starts 7777 (saying that cause it might mean something to ye). That number comes up as invalid on the online form to apply for the free upgrade.

Is there a special way I should be entering the 10 digit number? It's not recognising the house number as being tied to the account when trying to get through "Step 1", and it's not recognising the number on the bill as a valid phone number, full stop.

Any help I could get on the matter would be appreciated, as I would definitely like to avail of the free upgrade to eFibre as soon as I can :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Apparently eFibre is now available in my area. Tried to log on this morning to start the upgrading process. Having problems entering my details via the website though, and it's blocking me from doing so on "Step 1".

Basically, it asks for my account number and my telephone number, but when I enter them in, it comes up as not being valid.

I was wondering if this is because....
    1. My house phone is not with Eircom, but my internet is.
    2. It's a business account, as there's a taxi company run out of the house. 

That means that the telephone number given on the bill, which has our Eircom account number on it, is not the same as our house phone number. Furthermore, the phone number on the bill is a 10 digit number, which starts 7777 (saying that cause it might mean something to ye). That number comes up as invalid on the online form to apply for the free upgrade.

Is there a special way I should be entering the 10 digit number? It's not recognising the house number as being tied to the account when trying to get through "Step 1", and it's not recognising the number on the bill as a valid phone number, full stop.

Any help I could get on the matter would be appreciated, as I would definitely like to avail of the free upgrade to eFibre as soon as I can

Hi,

I spoke to the efibre team and they asked if you could call them on 1800 661 622 so they can check the availability over the phone and see if they can find any issues processing the order.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement