Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New lawn... When to cut it... Also has some weeds

• 26-07-2013 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭

My new lawn was seeded about 4 weeks ago and its coming on really well.
    The grass is well up but there are some patches that have collections of weeds etc.

I'm just wondering when I should look to cut it? I was told told leave it for 8 - 12 weeks...

Also in relation to the weeds, when should I spray them now with weed killer or leave them for the moment as i don't want to kill the grass as its only starting to grow

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭nitna bitna

try hand pulling the weeds for the moment anyway give the roots time to grow b4 using any harsh chemicals,if you want u can try spraying vinegar on perrenial weeds as ive heard this kills weed

also in your patchy area scarify with a rake ,throw some fert over area and a few seeds lightly rake over after to stop the birds eatin them

keep well watered

Advertisement