Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Emobile Delivery

Options
  • 26-07-2013 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I arranged to switch from Meteor PAYG to Emobile Billpay and I bought an Iphone over the phone during the week, which was arranged to be delivered to my work place this morning.
    The courier arrived on time, but when i gave him the PIN that EMobile gave me, it wouldn't work despite trying all possible combinations.
    The courier headed off and said he'd return in an hour, after i had contacted Emobile to get the correct PIN.
    I rang EMobile twice within this time - i was on hold for half an hour the first time without getting anyone and rang again, but to no avail as i was back on hold.
    The courier arrived back in, and i still had no pin number, so he couldn't give me the package.
    I finally got through to someone and i had been given the wrong PIN, and they had to reset it, and try to get the couriers to redeliver.
    This couldn't be done, as the couriers were fully scheduled for the day, but i was told that if i wanted to arrange to collect it from the courier, i could do this myself.

So now, my phone can't be delivered until Monday, which is incredibly inconvenient, as i use my phone for some work purposes and i will have to switch networks then instead of over the weekend, as i had originally planned.

Not a happy camper at the moment...

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

I arranged to switch from Meteor PAYG to Emobile Billpay and I bought an Iphone over the phone during the week, which was arranged to be delivered to my work place this morning.
    The courier arrived on time, but when i gave him the PIN that EMobile gave me, it wouldn't work despite trying all possible combinations.
    The courier headed off and said he'd return in an hour, after i had contacted Emobile to get the correct PIN.
    I rang EMobile twice within this time - i was on hold for half an hour the first time without getting anyone and rang again, but to no avail as i was back on hold.
    The courier arrived back in, and i still had no pin number, so he couldn't give me the package.
    I finally got through to someone and i had been given the wrong PIN, and they had to reset it, and try to get the couriers to redeliver.
    This couldn't be done, as the couriers were fully scheduled for the day, but i was told that if i wanted to arrange to collect it from the courier, i could do this myself.

So now, my phone can't be delivered until Monday, which is incredibly inconvenient, as i use my phone for some work purposes and i will have to switch networks then instead of over the weekend, as i had originally planned.

Not a happy camper at the moment...
    Hi twentysomething,

I sincerely apologise that you were issued the incorrect PIN number. As you can imagine for security reasons it is not possible for the courier company to issue the phone until this information was confirmed.

Could you PM your order details and I will ensure that this does not happen again.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭twentysomething

Hi Grainne,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I didn't mind that the courier couldn't deliver it, as i understand the security concerns.
    What i found very frustrating was the amount of time i spent on hold trying to get a new pin. When i did get through to someone, they looked after my query.
    Incidentally your on hold music is awful...
    I got my phone today, but haven't been able to use it yet as i have no itunes/wifi in work.
    Hopefully when i get home it should just work...

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Hi Grainne,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I didn't mind that the courier couldn't deliver it, as i understand the security concerns.
    What i found very frustrating was the amount of time i spent on hold trying to get a new pin. When i did get through to someone, they looked after my query.
    Incidentally your on hold music is awful...
    I got my phone today, but haven't been able to use it yet as i have no itunes/wifi in work.
    Hopefully when i get home it should just work...
    Hi twentysomething,

I sincerely apologise you were on hold for so long and also that you were advised incorrectly of the PIN.

Glad to hear you received your phone. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us here.

Grainne

Advertisement