Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Loppis wrote: »
    I have Sky basic channels and a Google Chromecast. Is there any advantage to me getting this?

If you have Saorview OR can install saorview. That get you the Irish tv. Buy the now tv box gets you skys entertainment pack channels. (The main 11) Install the free filmontv app on the now tv box gets you the bbcs, itv ch4 ch5, dave etc. So for about €9 per month you have a good tv package.

Entertainment pack:
    There's Sky 1, Sky Living, Sky Atlantic, GOLD, Comedy Central, FOX, MTV, Sky Arts, Discovery, ITV Encore and Nat Geo Wild. Bonus Channel Sky Sports News.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

givecredit wrote: »
    Bonus Channel Sky Sports News.

I never noticed this before!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Delboy5 wrote: »
    I never noticed this before!?

Its an app. On the main screen. Should come pre loaded

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭johnniekipper

Couple of newbie questions about this as its currently on sale on Amazon ;

When ordering the box from amazon do I need to send it to ParcelMotel (extra cost) or can I just have it delivered with free delivery to my home ?

Do I set up an account on the Now TV website or wait for the box and set it up through that ?

Thanks in advance

Couple of newbie questions about this as its currently on sale on Amazon ;

When ordering the box from amazon do I need to send it to ParcelMotel (extra cost) or can I just have it delivered with free delivery to my home ?

Do I set up an account on the Now TV website or wait for the box and set it up through that ?

Thanks in advance

Have it delivered to your Irish Address.
    Set up account on website. Do not use passes until your free period has nearly expired. This avoids disappointment if Now Tv close your account.

• Advertisement

Where is the best place to buy the sky movies passes, how much usuallly ?

Where is the best place to buy the sky movies passes, how much usuallly ?

Amazon deal today has now tv box and 2 months passes for 12stg. Thats a good deal. Also try ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

givecredit wrote: »
    If you have Saorview OR can install saorview. That get you the Irish tv. Buy the now tv box gets you skys entertainment pack channels. (The main 11) Install the free filmontv app on the now tv box gets you the bbcs, itv ch4 ch5, dave etc. So for about €9 per month you have a good tv package.

Entertainment pack:
    There's Sky 1, Sky Living, Sky Atlantic, GOLD, Comedy Central, FOX, MTV, Sky Arts, Discovery, ITV Encore and Nat Geo Wild. Bonus Channel Sky Sports News.

Well, I got the Nowtv box wth the Entertainment Pass last November. The channels on it were very limited - 5 at most including SS News. Poor
    value. Just as well it was free:rolleyes:

Well, I got the Nowtv box wth the Entertainment Pass last November. The channels on it were very limited - 5 at most including SS News. Poor

Entertainment pack:
    There's Sky 1, Sky Living, Sky Atlantic, GOLD, Comedy Central, FOX, MTV, Sky Arts, Discovery, ITV Encore and Nat Geo Wild. Bonus Channel Sky Sports News

That makes 11 tv channels, plus SSN and the Catch Up on missed episodes service or watch over 250 Box Sets On Demand .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

You didn't have the Entertainment pass by the sounds of it.

• Advertisement

I received 2 boxes today. When setting up a now tv a/c do I need to use a UK address (my MotelParcel UK address ?)

Can I use the one pass for both boxes ?

I received 2 boxes today. When setting up a now tv a/c do I need to use a UK address (my MotelParcel UK address ?)

Can I use the one pass for both boxes ?

I set up with my regular Irish address with no issues.

The pass is linked to your account rather than to the box so one pass will do both.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭darrenmcc

Anyone offer any help/ideas?
    Bought a now tv box, signed upto the free trial I got on movies. Was working the day I got it home (Tuesday) and Wednesday is stopped working and asking for payment as if I didn't gave a trial. Contacted now tv through their Web chat and was told because I'm in the Republic, my account was deactivated as it can't be used here.
    Would like to get back to game of thrones

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

darrenmcc wrote: »
    Anyone offer any help/ideas?
    Bought a now tv box, signed upto the free trial I got on movies. Was working the day I got it home (Tuesday) and Wednesday is stopped working and asking for payment as if I didn't gave a trial. Contacted now tv through their Web chat and was told because I'm in the Republic, my account was deactivated as it can't be used here.
    Would like to get back to game of thrones

Hi Darren, this box isn't officially available here so never tell the web chat people you're living in the republic, you'll likely have to sign up for another account, this time set your billing address to be something uk based such as the northern ireland parcel motel address.

If the web chat people determined you were based in the republic based on your address that should help avoid that. Its not perfect though, some here say they've had their irish details on it for years without being caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Can you get kodi on this box?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Can you get kodi on this box?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

There are some good offers for new customers , for example go can get the Entertainment and movies for £49.99 for 6 months.

bromley52 wrote: »
    There are some good offers for new customers , for example go can get the Entertainment and movies for £49.99 for 6 months.

Amazon tend to do better deals, last week the box plus 3 month passes were going for as little as £14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

degsie wrote: »
    I don't think that's a NowTV box.

But will do more than a nowtv box...........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

But will do more than a nowtv box...........

A gaming PC will to more than an android box, but I don't see how that's relevant to the discussion.

degsie wrote: »
    A gaming PC will to more than an android box, but I don't see how that's relevant to the discussion.

I wanted something I wouldn't have to do much if any modifications on and would just work, for that mindset these NowTv and Roku boxes work very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

I got a box and signed up to NowTV, I got a 14 day free trial but have noticed that 9.99 was taken from my bank account for 1 months sky movies. I thought this wasn't a subscription/contract service? How do I stop these automatic charges?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Any word on when the new box is likely to launch?

I got a box and signed up to NowTV, I got a 14 day free trial but have noticed that 9.99 was taken from my bank account for 1 months sky movies. I thought this wasn't a subscription/contract service? How do I stop these automatic charges?!

It absolutely is a subscription service, you get charged per month unless you cancel.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Any word on when the new box is likely to launch?

The New NowTV box is to be unveiled at a press conference on 29th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It could be hard-coded to work with a Freeview signal only, so may be no good here.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

It absolutely is a subscription service, you get charged per month unless you cancel.

What? So how does buying the codes off ebay,etc work?!

• Advertisement

What? So how does buying the codes off ebay,etc work?!

If you buy a pass of ebay and enter the details into your account, by login at nowtv.com they will not debit your account for the duration of the pass. You can stop the debits by cancelling your pass at nowtv.com

Advertisement