Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Does Ryan's filmon app work with the new box?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

iggy wrote: »
    Bought a black now TV box from eBay. It comes with plex installed.
    I will be using it for plex mostly. Do I still need to create an account before I use it?
    If so can I use my parcel motel as my UK address and use my Irish credit card?

Cheers

No, the only thing you would need to create an account for is Now TV, if you were to use it. If you are only going to be using the box for Plex, then you don't need to bother creating any accounts or setting up anything - all you need to do is get your pin and connect to the server.

Simples! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Just seen a good deal on Amazon with a 5 month entertainment pass or 4 months movies for 35.99 sterling for the new box. Would say with Parcel motel will work out about €50.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01ICTFE60/ref=gbps_tit_s-3_8647_bcddf34a?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=981978647&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=3VRSMDE3BA3SZPE1F3NN

Might get one to play around with it for that price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Just seen a good deal on Amazon with a 5 month entertainment pass or 4 months movies for 35.99 sterling. Would say with Parcel motel will work out about €50.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01ICTFE60/ref=gbps_tit_s-3_8647_bcddf34a?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=981978647&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=3VRSMDE3BA3SZPE1F3NN

Might get one to play around with it for that price!

Could get £20 for the pass on ebay too.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Could get £20 for the pass on ebay too.

Sorry should have mentioned this is for the new box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

No PM required - Supersaver free delivery too ... if only could get the damn Freeview to work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Vidcon wrote: »

Note to myself. Must stop reading bargain alerts section of Boards.ie

Its costing a fortune and my house is filling up with stuff that I do not really need.

Thanks. Vidcon.

Does Ryan's filmon app work with the new box?
    Yes.

I picked one up this morning too. Will be interested to see it the Digital tuner works here (think it should but will report back)
    Already reported on this thread as working. Currently you cannot edit channels. This should be fixed in future. It's causing problems in UK too. Picking up channels from wrong transmitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

styron wrote: »
    No PM required - Supersaver free delivery too ... if only could get the damn Freeview to work

Wouldn't work with Supersaver for me. Had to use PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

fdevine wrote: »
    Wouldn't work with Supersaver for me. Had to use PM

Didn't take it all the way because of Freeview

2rfydd2.jpg

If it come up as an exclusion - apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

I picked one up this morning too. Will be interested to see it the Digital tuner works here (think it should but will report back)

It's been confirmed that it works here but no option to re-order the channels.

It's been confirmed that it works here but no option to re-order the channels.

Is there a channel list for what is available on it and what would you need to access the channels on it (i.e. dish, indoor aerial or outdoor aerial)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

BandMember wrote: »
    Is there a channel list for what is available on it and what would you need to access the channels on it (i.e. dish, indoor aerial or outdoor aerial)?

Just RTE, TG4, UTV and TV3. You need an aerial, an indoor one might be ok if you are near a transmitter. Dish is no use.

Just RTE, TG4, UTV and TV3. You need an aerial, an indoor one might be ok if you are near a transmitter. Dish is no use.

Ah right, thought I might a few of the UK ones on it as well. Have those already through an indoor aerial so no need to upgrade to the new box! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I got one of these two years ago and I barely ever use it. I just use it occasionally for the "all 4" catch up.
    Last week I checked sky sports news to see would it work and I was pleasantly surprised to see it instantly still working. So today I was reviewing my online credit card visa account and I see sky go took almost 9 euro from me. I haven't a clue what that was for and I can't remember my sky go details as it's been 2 years since I set it up for the free trial etc. Anyone able to advise me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I got one of these two years ago and I barely ever use it. I just use it occasionally for the "all 4" catch up.
    Last week I checked sky sports news to see would it work and I was pleasantly surprised to see it instantly still working. So today I was reviewing my online credit card visa account and I see sky go took almost 9 euro from me. I haven't a clue what that was for and I can't remember my sky go details as it's been 2 years since I set it up for the free trial etc. Anyone able to advise me please?

You signed up for the free trial and the T&C's to say that once the trial ended you authorise the card to be charged unless you cancel it. Won't have any comeback looking for a refund.

If you check your statements you will see that Sky have been taking circa 9euro for last 2 years. That's what you signed up for. Ask you credit card company to put a stop on the direct debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ah right, thought I might a few of the UK ones on it as well. Have those already through an indoor aerial so no need to upgrade to the new box! :)

It will pick up the UK ones as well if you are in an area that can pick up the transmission.

adox wrote: »
    It will pick up the UK ones as well if you are in an area that can pick up the transmission.

And, eh, what areas might these be then? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

And, eh, what areas might these be then? ;)

Nothing dodgy. Anywhere you can pick up a freeview signal from Wales or Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

givecredit wrote:
    If you check your statements you will see that Sky have been taking circa 9euro for last 2 years. That's what you signed up for. Ask you credit card company to put a stop on the direct debit.

Gas I logged into my account and it won't allow me to view my bills or close as it states I'm outside their region yet they are happy to collect monthly from my visa

Gas I logged into my account and it won't allow me to view my bills or close as it states I'm outside their region yet they are happy to collect monthly from my visa

use vpn or smart dns to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Will a sports pass still work? Haven't used in a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

noodler wrote: »
    Will a sports pass still work? Haven't used in a year or so.

The passes used to have a year expiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just bought and activated there. It worked.

However, had to change my billing address to UK and put in a UK postal code. Kind of surprised my credit card allowed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Any way (or future possibility) of combining Plex and the FilmOn app on either the black box or new box?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Any way (or future possibility) of combining Plex and the FilmOn app on either the black box or new box?

Doubt it. I had both on a Roku 3, but not allowed after a firmware update:mad:

Doubt it. I had both on a Roku 3, but not allowed after a firmware update:mad:

Whats not allowed after firmware upgrade on Roku3?

I own Roku3, Filmon tv and plex work fine on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

givecredit wrote: »
    Whats not allowed after firmware upgrade on Roku3?

I own Roku3, Filmon tv and plex work fine on it.

I have Plex, Plex Rarflix and Play-on on mine. It now has Software version 7.2.0, Build 4100 on it. If I sideload Filmon, Plex disappears:(, and vice versa. If you can point a way to overcome this issue, I'd be very happy.

When I go on to Roku and upload Filmon, I get only the option to Replace. I do not get an option to Install:confused:

Advertisement