Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

I have Plex, Plex Rarflix and Play-on on mine. It now has Software version 7.2.0, Build 4100 on it. If I sideload Filmon, Plex disappears:(, and vice versa. If you can point a way to overcome this issue, I'd be very happy.

When I go on to Roku and upload Filmon, I get only the option to Replace. I do not get an option to Install:confused:

You can only sideload one app, on a Roku if theres official channels you can add loads of apps that way but sideloading has always been 1 app only

Also for Roku there is multiple channels for Filmon, so you shouldn't need to sideload it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

I have Plex, Plex Rarflix and Play-on on mine. It now has Software version 7.2.0, Build 4100 on it. If I sideload Filmon, Plex disappears:(, and vice versa. If you can point a way to overcome this issue, I'd be very happy.

When I go on to Roku and upload Filmon, I get only the option to Replace. I do not get an option to Install:confused:

First, Uninstall filmontv app from your roku. Then go to the add channels section of roku site on you pc and add this channel:

arteseafon

https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=arteseafon

While you are there, add this one too:

XTVIPTV

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

givecredit wrote: »
    First, Uninstall filmontv app from your roku. Then go to the add channels section of roku site on you pc and add this channel:

arteseafon

XTVIPTV

Good man. That worked. I already had XTV. Not overly enamoured by it:)

arteseafon

XTVIPTV

I already had XTV. Not overly enamoured by it:)
    Your not into premiership football I take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Guys can you get https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dayglows.vivid.lite&hl=en

PlayTo on this ? (You defo can for Roku LT). Seems savage handy for streaming videos from websites like vevo up to TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Del007

Rockin wrote: »
    Guys can you get https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dayglows.vivid.lite&hl=en

PlayTo on this ? (You defo can for Roku LT). Seems savage handy for streaming videos from websites like vevo up to TV

Not directly.

You can put Emby on the box, it's very similar to Plex. Once you have Emby on this then you can run PlayTo through it

That app works perfectly with Now TV. You just need to install the PlayTo app in the nowtv app store for it to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Yeah just go into the app store on the Now box, PlayTo is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Black box with 3 month entertainment pass is £13.99 at the minute on Amazon..

Black box with 3 month entertainment pass is £13.99 at the minute on Amazon..

2 month movies pass with black box £13.99 too today.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013SGATVC/ref=gbps_tit_s-3_8647_a5f6f2f3?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=981978647&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=RQ657SETQSBPND8DRY7M

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-TV-Month-Movies-Pass/dp/B013SGAU8E/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1471521504&sr=1-2&keywords=now+tv+2+month+movie

This box is still the better buy.
    I bought one of the new "smart black boxes" at the £35 offer for 5 month entertainment. In my opinion its not fit for purpose yet. No option to edit Freeview/Saorview channels. eg, If it scans in wrong transmitter because you can pick up signals from other transmitter you cannot remove it. Also Fan is quite noisy, but a least after few mins of non use the fan powers down. Not for bedroom use. Software upgrade can fix this, But sky are aware of these problems since beta stage and still have done nothing to fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

Not sure if I am allowed to say this (and Mods feel free to delete this post if I'm not and accept my apologies), but I have a few spare Entertainment passes if anyone wants them? PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BONDIred

Is it better to get the new NOW TV box or the apple TV 4 and use the NOW TV app?

If you buy the passes do I need to have UK address etc?

BONDIred wrote: »
    Is it better to get the new NOW TV box or the apple TV 4 and use the NOW TV app?

If you buy the passes do I need to have UK address etc?

If you just want NowTv then the black box (the now tv 2) is perfect for that, if you think you'll want Netflix or Amazon Prime at some stage then maybe get a more expensive player, the Roku's 3 and 4 are essentually the NowTv 2 and 3 but with Netflix, Amazon and loads of other channels.

You'd be better off buying the passes directly from Amazon. On your NowTv account it would be a good idea to have a uk address on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BONDIred

rogercross wrote: »
    If you just want NowTv then the black box (the now tv 2) is perfect for that, if you think you'll want Netflix or Amazon Prime at some stage then maybe get a more expensive player, the Roku's 3 and 4 are essentually the NowTv 2 and 3 but with Netflix, Amazon and loads of other channels.

You'd be better off buying the passes directly from Amazon. On your NowTv account it would be a good idea to have a uk address on it.

Both of them boxes are better than Apple TV?

I don't own the Apple Tv so I don't know really, I do own the Roku 3 and a couple of the black now tv 2 boxes and they run great. Really depends on preference I guess. I wouldn't be a huge apple fan in general :-)

Now Tv box is circa €15 euro with 3 months entertainment pass, AppleTV 4 is €180 eurowith no free passes.

Both can play Now TV. Now TV box includes Sky Sports News "free" with any pass. Apple TV does not include Sky Sports News.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Onion Breath

Hi, new to this forum, any advice with my dilemma would be appreciated.

I've been following this forum for a few weeks and bought a NowTV box with a one month sky sports pass on Amazon last week. Received it no problem and set it up, opened a Now TV account using my PM (UK) address, and availed of a free 14 day entertainment pass trial. Didn't use the sky sports one month pass as I want to hold it. Worked fine for first night but then got an email the following morning from Now TV telling me:

"Your NOW TV account has been deactivated. This may have occurred for a number of reasons, including the following:

1. You have exceeded the maximum number of unsuccessful log-in attempts and, like a bank card, we have deactivated the account for security reasons.
    2. You have requested NOW TV to close your account."

Went onto their Live Chat help desk but they couldn't reactivate my account and didn't seem to know why it has been deactivated. I was hoping they might be able to do so but in the end they told me I need to contact Sky.

Any advice what I should I do next? I don't really want to phone Sky but what did I do wrong as it seems that many others on here have been using these boxes in ROI without problem. I used a PM address but could it have been my credit card or would they have twigged a ROI IP address and deactivated me on that basis? Either way having spent €42 on the box and pass I'm left with a box which is pretty much useless if I can't use passes for Sky Sports?

Hi, new to this forum, any advice with my dilemma would be appreciated.

I've been following this forum for a few weeks and bought a NowTV box with a one month sky sports pass on Amazon last week. Received it no problem and set it up, opened a Now TV account using my PM (UK) address, and availed of a free 14 day entertainment pass trial. Didn't use the sky sports one month pass as I want to hold it. Worked fine for first night but then got an email the following morning from Now TV telling me:

"Your NOW TV account has been deactivated. This may have occurred for a number of reasons, including the following:

1. You have exceeded the maximum number of unsuccessful log-in attempts and, like a bank card, we have deactivated the account for security reasons.
    2. You have requested NOW TV to close your account."

Went onto their Live Chat help desk but they couldn't reactivate my account and didn't seem to know why it has been deactivated. I was hoping they might be able to do so but in the end they told me I need to contact Sky.

Any advice what I should I do next? I don't really want to phone Sky but what did I do wrong as it seems that many others on here have been using these boxes in ROI without problem. I used a PM address but could it have been my credit card or would they have twigged a ROI IP address and deactivated me on that basis? Either way having spent €42 on the box and pass I'm left with a box which is pretty much useless if I can't use passes for Sky Sports?

I got the same mail about my account being deactivated but I can still log in and use it so I wouldn't be too bothered about it to be honest...

Register again, same card, different email and different uk postage address. You won't get a two week free trial but you will get account activated. Wait 24 hours before using your sports pass, incase they deactivate you again.

BandMember wrote: »
    I got the same mail about my account being deactivated but I can still log in and use it so I wouldn't be too bothered about it to be honest...

Tried that but it doesn't let me log in.

• Advertisement

Register again, same card, different email and different uk postage address. You won't get a two week free trial but you will get account activated. Wait 24 hours before using your sports pass, incase they deactivate you again.

Ok I'll try that. When you say use same card, do you mean the same credit card? Not a problem to use a different card but just wondering if there is any reason for using the same card?

Using a different e-mail won't be a problem either but part from creating another PM account I don't have another UK address. I can create another PM account no problem but just wondering does it matter what UK address I use if I never receive post from it e.g. I'll be buying my Now passes on Amazon direct to my home address here which is separate to Now in that they don't see passes are sold, presumably? Other than that does it matter if I simply choose any old UK address from any old random UK post code?

Also when you say I won't get the two week free trial why would I not if its a new account? It doesn't matter to me, I'm not that interested in the free trail, in trying to understand all of this I am just wondering why it would be different when registering again with different email and UK address?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks for advice.

Ok I'll try that. When you say use same card, do you mean the same credit card? Not a problem to use a different card but just wondering if there is any reason for using the same card?

Using a different e-mail won't be a problem either but part from creating another PM account I don't have another UK address. I can create another PM account no problem but just wondering does it matter what UK address I use if I never receive post from it e.g. I'll be buying my Now passes on Amazon direct to my home address here which is separate to Now in that they don't see passes are sold, presumably? Other than that does it matter if I simply choose any old UK address from any old random UK post code?

Also when you say I won't get the two week free trial why would I not if its a new account? It doesn't matter to me, I'm not that interested in the free trail, in trying to understand all of this I am just wondering why it would be different when registering again with different email and UK address?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks for advice.

If you want to open the account with different credit card that's fine. If you use a different card, you will get the 2 weeks free. If you use same card no free 2 weeks, as they have given that card 2 weeks already.

I do not recommend pm address. Too many already using that address. Just use any uk address.

New version of FILMONTV app available. This version plays your own custom m3u streams:

App Link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B787MtHYmgPnQk9Id2MtWl9vMDQ/view?pref=2&pli=1

It should be able to launch with a custom m3u8 playlist by visiting this page
    http://www.artesea.co.uk/filmon/custom whilst on the same network as the NOW TV/Roku box.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Guys mine arrived and it just gives a ring of white dots and keeps rebooting. Any idea how to get it out of the endless boot ?

Guys mine arrived and it just gives a ring of white dots and keeps rebooting. Any idea how to get it out of the endless boot ?

Are you a Vodafone customer by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Common cause at the moment is Roku/NowTV maintenance under way:

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Black-box-in-reboot-loop/td-p/391914

Could try factory reset or try switching from Wireless to Ethernet or vice-versa if updating isn't the issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

use code MOVIEFT for one month of cinema pass free. Remember to cancel before the month ends. Use before 31 aug 2016 (today and tomorrow) . Can only use once per account.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭onform

tharmor wrote: »
    use code MOVIEFT for one month of cinema pass free. Remember to cancel before the month ends. Use before 31 aug 2016 (today and tomorrow) . Can only use once per account.

Wow, excellent cheers! Even better, when I cancelled it offered me 4 months at £3.99 per month, which I took. (works out less than €5 a month at current exchange rates).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

New version of FILMONTV app available. This version plays your own custom m3u streams:

App Link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B787MtHYmgPnQk9Id2MtWl9vMDQ/view?pref=2&pli=1

It should be able to launch with a custom m3u8 playlist by visiting this page
    http://www.artesea.co.uk/filmon/custom whilst on the same network as the NOW TV/Roku box.

did anyone have any success with this?
    I have a custom file on my mac but the page linked is looking for a URL?
    Any advice?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

tharmor wrote: »

For free entertainment pass for one month ENTFT (From HUKD)

Happy days ill try it tonight

Advertisement