Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

actually i just signed up for an account with the free trial, then went into the manage account section and there is a place to apply the voucher there!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

actually i just signed up for an account with the free trial, then went into the manage account section and there is a place to apply the voucher there!

I entered the code and got a success panel up, and my month's free trial is now listed as having a price of £1. I guess we'll see what happens when the month's up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Just tried and got this message : Voucher applied successfully, it will take effect from your next Auto Renew.

Therefore we'll still keep the free month imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

So, we get the first month free and then 6 months at £1 a month :D

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭thegift06

Right firstly, I have seen many people asking about what dns settings people are using to get BBC iplayer to work. Are the only options to pay for a service to use a dns? or are there free ones about online

Secondaly, I have plex up and running but can people point me in the direction to get others working I downloaded navix but not really sure how to get it on. Maybe point me in the right direction with links please

And finally has anyone got SkyGo working. If so I would really love to know the process, cheers all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

aidankkk wrote: »
    There is a new code and it works fine Ive just updated my subscription on it. 6 months for £1 a month

742TBWKRD5

i posted on the wrong tread
    I'm on NowTv's last offer of 3 Months subscription for £1. It ends in a week or two so was gonna cancel it, seeing as the price was going up to £8.99 a month. Applied this code though and works, may as well keep with it for the sake of a quid a month. Cheers man!

Feck it, may as well buy the box now that I'm at it too. Need something to watch it on the TV!

Dman001 wrote: »
    I'm on NowTv's last offer of 3 Months subscription for £1. It ends in a week or two so was gonna cancel it, seeing as the price was going up to £8.99 a month. Applied this code though and works, may as well keep with it for the sake of a quid a month. Cheers man!

Feck it, may as well buy the box now that I'm at it too. Need something to watch it on the TV!

Be careful guys as the code is not working even if it says successfully applied:

Used live chat and got this response:

": Okay, the 6 months for £1 offer is for existing customers only, so if you've just signed up, unfortunately you will not be able to apply this offer to your account.
    The code has now been cancelled as it was initially only meant for previous customers who received the code via email, and so those customers will receive emails with new unique codes later today. Unfortunately if you didn't receive the email you will not be able to use it again.
    "

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

aidankkk wrote: »
    There is a new code and it works fine Ive just updated my subscription on it. 6 months for £1 a month

742TBWKRD5

i posted on the wrong tread

what do you get for the £1, i got the £15 movie deal £2.50 a month for 6 months, is this the same?

Amouar wrote: »
    Be careful guys as the code is not working even if it says successfully applied:

Used live chat and got this response:

": Okay, the 6 months for £1 offer is for existing customers only, so if you've just signed up, unfortunately you will not be able to apply this offer to your account.
    The code has now been cancelled as it was initially only meant for previous customers who received the code via email, and so those customers will receive emails with new unique codes later today. Unfortunately if you didn't receive the email you will not be able to use it again.
    "
    Odd, because before I applied it, it said my next renewal will cost £8.99. After I applied it, it changed to £1. Better keep an eye on it!

Dman001 wrote: »
    Odd, because before I applied it, it said my next renewal will cost £8.99. After I applied it, it changed to £1. Better keep an eye on it!

if you go to order history, it will show as 8.99 for the renewal even if it says 1£ in the account view.

• Advertisement

if you go to order history, it will show as 8.99 for the renewal even if it says 1£ in the account view.
    Hmmm well it isn't on my Order History yet, guessing because my current subscription isn't over yet, not until the 25th. Blah might cancel it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Hi all,
    Just wondering if this box is limited to HDMI out.
    Does it have composite out via Yellow,Red,White AV connectors?

I have an android media box in my living room but something like this may be handy for the old crt tv in the bedroom.

Thanks

It has AV out yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

theShire wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just wondering if this box is limited to HDMI out.
    Does it have composite out via Yellow,Red,White AV connectors?

I have an android media box in my living room but something like this may be handy for the old crt tv in the bedroom.

Thanks

Yes it as composite out, it's a small plug like on headphones that plugs into unit , I use it on an old tv with yellow, red , white
    on the other end, only hdmi cable comes in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

meathman0 wrote: »
    Yes it as composite out, it's a small plug like on headphones that plugs into unit , I use it on an old tv with yellow, red , white
    on the other end, only hdmi cable comes in the box.

Thanks, was hoping for this.
    Where did you find the cable(headphone to yellow,red,white) or did you already have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭looters

What do you put in as postcode, wont accept 01 for me...

And is says this

Enter your delivery addressWe only ship to the UK at the moment
    Postcode*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

looters wrote: »
    What do you put in as postcode, wont accept 01 for me...

And is says this

Enter your delivery addressWe only ship to the UK at the moment
    Postcode*
    You need to get it posted to the parcel motel

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    You need to get it posted to the parcel motel

What is that?

What is that?

http://parcelmotel.com/

Ah so that another 3.50 euro on the cost and the hassle of picking up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Ah so that another 3.50 euro on the cost and the hassle of picking up.

First two or three drops are free I think.

(may not be anymore, website now says register and get a free gift)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    First two or three drops are free I think.

(may not be anymore, website now says register and get a free gift)

Slippers and towel type gifts now apparently but you can earn free stays by recommending people, better system in my opinion I was afraid they'd go buet with people registering millions of free accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭billbond4

hmm ordered mine last Tuesday, but didnt get any dispatch mail from them.
    Anyone have delay getting theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭stimpson

billbond4 wrote: »
    hmm ordered mine last Tuesday, but didnt get any dispatch mail from them.
    Anyone have delay getting theirs?

Mine arrived in ParcelMotel in NI this afternoon (ordered Wednesday). Check your PM account - it will probably show up there. A friend ordered his on Thursday and his is showing in PM now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭billbond4

Cheers, I checked PM this morning and it wasnt there, but I see it now, processed @13.27
    Cool to be able to see the picture of it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

Picked up mine few days ago.

Its a great little box, even for the function of plex, sky news and vevo its well worth €12.

The one month free trial of nowtv worth £18 pretty much pays for the cost of the box :P Great selection of movies, would definitely considering continuing membership (wouldn't pay full price of £18,95. Wouldnt use it often enough to avail of it)
    And ill also hopefully get a 90 day PS plus membership in the post
    And a HDMI cable included in the box :D

I can't see any reason not to buy this box tbh

Does anyone know if you can use SkyGo on this?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I'll be picking mine up later today, what kind of price are people paying for uk DNS servers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eboarde

Shane_ef wrote: »
    I'll be picking mine up later today, what kind of price are people paying for uk DNS servers?

€3.80ish Unblock US, also gives Netflix US and Canada, very easy to use

Advertisement