Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

BandMember wrote: »
    Have you managed to pick up any non-Saorview channels or UK FTA channels with that aerial?

Yep, I pick them up with it no problem. Have an old aerial on the roof pointing Northwards. I`m in North Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Hi guys,

I had an old white box that I gave to a buddy. I set up an account for him with a UK address but the account was deactivated in 2/3 days.

Anyone have any advice on how to set up an account with the least risk of it cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Hi folks

I got an old black box via amazon and am trying to sie load plex or filmon but when I enter the nowtv IP address that I got from entering developer mode it cant be displayed on any number of browsers on my laptop or tablet. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Qwerty27 wrote: »
    Hi folks

I got an old black box via amazon and am trying to sie load plex or filmon but when I enter the nowtv IP address that I got from entering developer mode it cant be displayed on any number of browsers on my laptop or tablet. Is there something else I need to do?

It should ask for username and password when u put ip address in browser. Did u set up a username and password when it went into developer mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Hi folks

I find Chrome works best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

I went into developer mode on the box and got the IP address eg 192.168.0.13 but I cant get this to display on any browser. The message on chrome states "site can't be reached" and this is the same with other browsers.

I also tried to change the DNS setting on the router (Technicolor TC7200) but when this was finally accepted my wifi connection failed altogether and I had to reverse the change in order to restore the wifi.

Im at a loss as to what to do to get most from the box!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Qwerty27 wrote:

Dump it and buy an android box..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I went into developer mode on the box and got the IP address eg 192.168.0.13 but I cant get this to display on any browser. The message on chrome states "site can't be reached" and this is the same with other browsers.

Make sure that both the NowTV box and your laptop are on the same wireless network, including the whole 2.4 versus 5Ghz wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

I also tried to change the DNS setting on the router (Technicolor TC7200) but when this was finally accepted my wifi connection failed altogether and I had to reverse the change in order to restore the wifi.

I had the same problem. Took many attempts but did eventually connect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Dont suppose you can run netflix on these? Particularly interested in the older white box as I have that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Del007

Dont suppose you can run netflix on these? Particularly interested in the older white box as I have that.

No chance

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

If you do like the style of these boxes and want Netflix on them along with all the other apps etc look at the Roku 2 or Roku 3 on Amazon uk.

Great boxes and its what the NowTv's are based on, same manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BONDIred

Im looking at the Roku 2 xs (fully loaded with all applications) or the android q box again fully loaded.

Anyone have have any preference on which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭BandMember

BONDIred wrote: »
    Im looking at the Roku 2 xs (fully loaded with all applications) or the android q box again fully loaded.

Anyone have have any preference on which one?

I think the "fully loaded" aspect and what you may or may not use either box for isn't allowed to be discussed on these type of threads. Google or a friendly mail to someone might be where people will find answers to questions like that.... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The Roku lineup is due a refresh with some new boxes soon. Might want to hold out and see what happens.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

DubDJ wrote: »
    The Roku lineup is due a refresh with some new boxes soon. Might want to hold out and see what happens.

Actually the biggest problem with Roku at the moment is that the latest boxes and sticks (released in the last year), don't seem to be released in the UK and europe.

It seems like since Sky partly own Roku now, that they are limiting sale of these boxes in Europe. You have to get them in the US, though they seem to work fine here.

bk wrote: »
    You have to get them in the US, though they seem to work fine here.

Not all apps are compatable with the us rokus that are not available here, eg BBC iPlayer will not work on roku 4 or the new roku stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Don't see it from any sellers at that price though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Just ordered one of the new boxes there off Amazon.

£35 at the moment, with either a 5 month Entertainment pass or 4 month Cinema pass.

Do passes stack at all? I currently have a 3 month pass loaded, so if i were to put in the 5 month one now, will it add to the balance, or override whats already in there?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Just ordered one of the new boxes there off Amazon.

£35 at the moment, with either a 5 month Entertainment pass or 4 month Cinema pass.

Do passes stack at all? I currently have a 3 month pass loaded, so if i were to put in the 5 month one now, will it add to the balance, or override whats already in there?

You can only add a new pass when the current one has less than a month left so you cant stack several at a time. I just set a reminder in my calendar, when theres exactly a month left

JDxtra wrote: »
    Don't see it from any sellers at that price though.
    The bargains do not hang around for long..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Hi, I have Apple TV 4 and was wondering if the following plan would work to get Sky sports on NowTv

1 Set up new Apple ID in UK store
    2 Login to Apple Tv with this ID and download Nowtv app.
    3 Set up Nowtv account with UK address and irish credit card
    4 Buy a Sky sports pass on the nowtv site.
    5 Use smart dns service on Apple TV to overcome geolocation issues

maximum12 wrote: »
    Hi, I have Apple TV 4 and was wondering if the following plan would work to get Sky sports on NowTv

The above will work. No need for 5 above. Try out the free entertainment/movies trials first to make sure your account works ok. Try for about 2 days before buying Sports Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Since when was there a problem with Sky Sports on the Nowtv box in Ireland?

I don't know, I assumed it was geo-restricted outside the UK.

givecredit wrote: »
    The above will work. No need for 5 above. Try out the free entertainment/movies trials first to make sure your account works ok. Try for about 2 days before buying Sports Pass.

Thanks, this is working now on my Apple tv. Can you cancel the entertainment subscription at any time and still receive the full 14 day trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Thanks, this is working now on my Apple tv. Can you cancel the entertainment subscription at any time and still receive the full 14 day trial?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I don't know, I assumed it was geo-restricted outside the UK.
    I've used a number of the passes and have never had an issue with them. Watching in HD too so happy days.

Advertisement