Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

I've used a number of the passes and have never had an issue with them. Watching in HD too so happy days.

Nice one. I used it a couple of years ago on a laptop when it allowed you enter a ROI address but nice to to be able to have it on the big tv now. It's a great option for casual sports viewers who don't have much interest in premier league football. e.g. I want it for the Ryder cup this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rollwithit

ok...please help....how the hell do i set up a tvnow account with irish bank cards ?.....am asked for card details and billing address and when i enter them , I am told there is an issue with my details, contact help team ????
    I see others on here have managed to do so with no problems , whats going on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

rollwithit wrote: »
    ok...please help....how the hell do i set up a tvnow account with irish bank cards ?.....am asked for card details and billing address and when i enter them , I am told there is an issue with my details, contact help team ????

Put in any UK address and use your Irish Bank card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭BandMember

I didn't have that problem, but a lot of people do. Perhaps a Parcel Motel address would work?

Thanks for the replies. I have tried to use an Irish bank card and parcel motel address in the north or random uk address with no luck . Am I going about it the wrong way , is there something else I should be doing ?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies. I have tried to use an Irish bank card and parcel motel address in the north or random uk address with no luck . Am I going about it the wrong way , is there something else I should be doing ?

Are you using a real uk post code?

Have you checked with your card issuer have they put a security/fraud block on the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Rollwithit, 55, Chatterly Lane, West Midlands, WV13 2QT

Used real U.K. Address. No block on cards. Is it something to do with fact using Irish card with uk billing address ? How have ye all managed to set up the account ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Used real U.K. Address. No block on cards. Is it something to do with fact using Irish card with uk billing address ? How have ye all managed to set up the account ?

I always bought code on ebay its half the price anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Try doing the same thing again using a UK vpn.

• Advertisement

One month Sports pass for the price of one week on nowtv now. i.e. £10.99 for 1 month.

maximum12 wrote: »
    One month Sports pass for the price of one week on nowtv now. i.e. £10.99 for 1 month.

Can't see that offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

givecredit wrote: »

I've only ever used vouchers from ebay for Nowtv, i've a UK address registered with my own (irish) card details.....if i pay for the above with my card, is there a chance ill get locked out of my Nowtv account?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Delboy5 wrote: »
    I've only ever used vouchers from ebay for Nowtv, i've a UK address registered with my own (irish) card details.....if i pay for the above with my card, is there a chance ill get locked out of my Nowtv account?

There is a good chance yes, almost happened to me when i ordered more boxes, i managed to chat my way out of it with online chat support.

If you've an irish card on your account i wouldn't make any purchases with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

maximum12 wrote: »
    givecredit wrote: »

Sweet, I was going to turn on the sports last night for a week to watch the golf over the weekend, I'm glad I held off until the last minute now, I'll get a month worth instead.

ok folks got account set up finally ! Now, do i need to use this vpn thing i see you talking about if i buy a sports pass with my irish card or can ijust go ahead and purchase the pass with out it ? If i need the vpn thing could anyone , please, explain how to set this up ( imagine you are talking to a complete techno idiot) . Thanks for all the help so far.

ok folks got account set up finally ! Now, do i need to use this vpn thing i see you talking about if i buy a sports pass with my irish card or can ijust go ahead and purchase the pass with out it ?.

If your account is up and running. No need for VPN. Go ahead and order pass. Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I order my passes from eBay. Don't trust nowtv not to cancel my account!

"If your account is up and running. No need for VPN. Go ahead and order pass. Enjoy!"
    Thanks for info. I was unsure, after reading some other posts, that I may be blocked if i use my irish bank card to buy a sports pass on the now tv site.

• Advertisement

"I order my passes from eBay. Don't trust nowtv not to cancel my account!"
    Can you get voucher codes emailed to you ? need sports pass for ryder cup for weekend. Which is best site to buy same ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Can you get voucher codes emailed to you ? need sports pass for ryder cup for weekend. Which is best site to buy same ?

I get mine on ebay as well. The guy emails the code to you.

Just make sure to use the UK ebay site, or the Irish one will attempt to charge you for postage (like £4 or something mental)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Sign in to your Nowtv account and you will get the code automatically. Enter the code in My Account and you can watch straight away. Per the link above its on £10.99 for the month starting tomorrow instead of the robbing £33.99.

Ok. Thanks for all the help here. Got it all set up. Got pass from eBay and good to go. Great thread and helpful replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nice one for whoever linked the one month Skysports pass. Worked fine with my account linked to Irish card.

Anyone got any eBay links for for 6 month entertainment passed that are emailed to you.

Can't for the life of me, access the options to upload TV Player on the new boxes.

I have enabled developer mode, added a password etc.

When I try to access the box via the IP address then, I can't. Have tried everything, wired connection - wireless connection, off my phone, off my computer. Nothing

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Can't for the life of me, access the options to upload TV Player on the new boxes.

I have enabled developer mode, added a password etc.

When I try to access the box via the IP address then, I can't. Have tried everything, wired connection - wireless connection, off my phone, off my computer. Nothing

Tried Chrome?
    Make sure box and computer on same network id like 2.4ghz or 5ghz

iggy wrote: »
    Tried Chrome?
    Make sure box and computer on same network id like 2.4ghz or 5ghz

Cheers, got it working in the end.

Haven't a notion what was going on. The log in screen just randomly popped up on my phone out of nowhere there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Dunno if this allowed or not.
    I've 5 x 2day sports passes & 5 x 3 month entertainment passes here that aren't being used.
    How much would they be worth to someone?
    I use the boxes for plex that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Dunno if this allowed or not.
    I've 5 x 2day sports passes & 5 x 3 month entertainment passes here that aren't being used.
    How much would they be worth to someone?
    I use the boxes for plex that's all.

Hi I'm looking for a box for my daughter can u p m me if ur selling one and explain about them

Advertisement