Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

givecredit wrote: »
    First, Uninstall filmontv app from your roku. Then go to the add channels section of roku site on you pc and add this channel:

arteseafon

https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=arteseafon

While you are there, add this one too:

XTVIPTV

How do u link your now TV box to Roku account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

iggy wrote: »
    How do u link your now TV box to Roku account?

You cannot. That post was directed at someone who owned a roku.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Ah... Should have checked before I pulled it out and set up a fire stick with kodi for the past hour...

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

For anyone interested, i just bought a 4 Month Kids Pass on ebay for €5!

• Advertisement

Delboy5 wrote: »

Have u a link? Would defo buy this
    Edit : Found it on ebay.ie. I was looking on UK and couldn't find it. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Sweet. Just what I was looking for. Current pass expires this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What channels do you get with it?

What channels do you get with it?

Cartoon Network, boomerang, nickelodeon, nick toons, nick jnr, cartoonito

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

Well done ! Never seem to get decent prices on the passes on eBay ! Can't find any of the kids ones on there now.

• Advertisement

Well done ! Never seem to get decent prices on the passes on eBay ! Can find any of the kids ones on there now.

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/Now-TV-4-Months-Kids-Pass-/252590245946?nav=SEARCH

Sorry only getting back to this now, the eBay user I used is sold out now so looks like ye find it anyway!

The above link still has some....how are these being sold so cheap, where do these sellers pick them up!?

PS

Anyone want a free month entertainment pass?

AANOWACNGXFJ

Sorry only getting back to this now, the eBay user I used is sold out now so looks like ye find it anyway!

The above link still has some....how are these being sold so cheap, where do these sellers pick them up!?
    Suspect they buy boxes cheap for the purposes of selling them on with Plex installed, and they just sell off the included passes.

PS

Anyone want a free month entertainment pass?

AANOWACNGXFJ

This is reusable according to HKUD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

This is reusable according to HKUD.

Not working now

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

New post from Ryan about his Filmon app, looks like he had to make quite a few changes to keep it working:

http://blog.artesea.co.uk/2016/11/filmon-on-roku-and-now-tv-boxes-an-update.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

What sort of download speeds do you guys reckon are needed to get reliable service on NowTV boxes ?

... also, are there "issues" with any of the broadband providers, as I've heard some providers are blocking certain services.

Finally, is there a "NowTV for Dummies" post somewhere, to help newbies get started ? ... no need, if it's simply a case of buy a box (via the UK) with a pass for a specific period, connect it with the broadband and then enjoy.

Thanks.

Thanks,

G.

New blog post regarding the FilmOn app if anyones interested:

http://blog.artesea.co.uk/2016/11/filmon-on-roku-and-now-tv-boxes-an-update.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

What sort of download speeds do you guys reckon are needed to get reliable service on NowTV boxes ?

... also, are there "issues" with any of the broadband providers, as I've heard some providers are blocking certain services.

Finally, is there a "NowTV for Dummies" post somewhere, to help newbies get started ? ... no need, if it's simply a case of buy a box (via the UK) with a pass for a specific period, connect it with the broadband and then enjoy.

Thanks.

Min. of 5mbps. Higher rate needed for HD stuff. Don't know about providers blocking stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Now tv works fine on 3Mbps for SD *but* anyone using their phone / table /computer at the same time or computers / tablets / phones running updates will cause buffering - I'm looking at you windows 10. When I lived in the sticks there used to be a lot of shouting get off your phone etc. in our house until we got an 8Mb connection.

The new Now TV Smart Box is available from the UK sites of currys & PC world for £49.99 (free delivery to PM/PW)
    It includes 4 months of movies.

Its the best deal out there at the moment. - Before anyone says JOhn Lewis - its out of stock!!

Stream online content to your TV
    Built-in WiFi & Ethernet
    BBC iPlayer & ITV Player & All 4 & My5
    Access content on NOW TV
    4 months Movies pass

Meh - it was £35 on Amazon (so, free delivery to Ireland) back in September with the same pass.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Meh - it was £35 on Amazon (so, free delivery to Ireland) back in September with the same pass.

News flash...this is November!
    Amazon is currently £57.

I bet it'll go back to £35 at some stage (just like the normal box regularly gets discounted). So, if you are not in a hurry and really want the smart box - I would advise waiting for a better deal.

Wait till the black Friday deals if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Im having problems registering my now tv account here in Ireland any one any ideas?

Im having problems registering my now tv account here in Ireland any one any ideas?
    Are u using a UK address?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JohnnyRoyal

Hey, Just went to cancel my Entertainment subscription and when I got to the end (after survey questions) was offered 4months @ 3.99 to stay (still cancelled) but if anyone interested to get it cheaper than the standard 6.99 a month could give it a go.

• Advertisement

Hey, Just went to cancel my Entertainment subscription and when I got to the end (after survey questions) was offered 4months @ 3.99 to stay (still cancelled) but if anyone interested to get it cheaper than the standard 6.99 a month could give it a go.

I never buy passes from the now TV site. Always buy them from ebay.
    I'm just paranoid they'll cancel it when using an Irish bank card.

Advertisement