Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Well folks,

Just found this on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B016WGF9O2/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Is it a good offer? I don't understand how the box works?
    Do you just buy packages?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Well folks,

Just found this on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B016WGF9O2/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Is it a good offer? I don't understand how the box works?
    Do you just buy packages?

Thats a very good price, I've just bought 2 more for myself, thats me covered for the year for under €50.

The entertainment pass gives you loads of live channels and on demand, details are on this page:

http://watch.nowtv.com/entertainment

Be aware though that theres a good chance your account could get cancelled a couple of days after registering, I use parcel motel as my billing address which seems to keep me safe, I also use a smartdns so if i do have an account query with the nowtv support people they cant trace my location to ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Great offer on the 6 month entertainment option. Picked one up. Gutted that 4 month movies is prime only :(

Great offer on the 6 month entertainment option. Picked one up. Gutted that 4 month movies is prime only :(

Mine are on their way, nice and quick.

Entertainment pass is the only one i consistently use, the movies i jump in and out of during the year using ebay passes for a couple of months, normally just during the halloween-christmas months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

U can pick up a 2 months Movie pass on ebay for less than a tenner. I recently bought two month pass for €6

• Advertisement

I'm gonna assume that you can't buy these using An Post Address Pal??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I'm gonna assume that you can't buy these using An Post Address Pal??

Why not? Amazon ship those boxes to Ireland, so its fair to assume they would ship to a third party address.

Why not? Amazon ship those boxes to Ireland, so its fair to assume they would ship to a third party address.

I was just worried because of some users have had subscriptions canceled using an Irish address.. I'm gonna chance this with view to buying the sports package

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

I was just worried because of some users have had subscriptions canceled using an Irish address.. I'm gonna chance this with view to buying the sports package

Getting it shipped by Amazon means there is no need to use Address Pal. It's completely separate from your Now account.

But if you want to chance it, the Now TV website is running Black Friday deals on passes:

http://www.nowtv.com/black-friday-deals

for new customers only.

• Advertisement

But if you want to chance it, the Now TV website is running Black Friday deals on passes:

http://www.nowtv.com/black-friday-deals

for new customers only.

I dont think its worth the hassle really.

If you can avoid transactions going through nowtv with irish credit cards i would. The amazon/ebay approach means they don't detect new ROI transactions coming in, i'd say if i was to buy a pass now using my card through their site they'd shut my account down.

rogercross wrote: »
    I dont think its worth the hassle really.

If you can avoid transactions going through nowtv with irish credit cards i would. The amazon/ebay approach means they don't detect new ROI transactions coming in, i'd say if i was to buy a pass now using my card through their site they'd shut my account down.

Not necessarily.

I bought a Sky Sports day pass recently, needed it asap so just bought using my ROI debit card and ROI address via the Now TV website, and my kids and entertainment passes are still functioning normally a month later.

It just seems to be completely random.

Decided to buy the box this evening using parcel motel

Will need help setting it up folks if you don't mind
    And trusted package sellers on ebay etc...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BandMember

Decided to buy the box this evening using parcel motel

Will need help setting it up folks if you don't mind
    And trusted package sellers on ebay etc...

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that we've had that conversation before.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Fyi the 4mth movie box is back for non prime @ 19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Dave..M wrote: »

Currently not shipping to Ireland from amazon for some strange reason. Informed customer service who are looking into it. Strange only yesterday got 2 with entertainment passes

Currently not shipping to Ireland from amazon for some strange reason. Informed customer service who are looking into it. Strange only yesterday got 2 with entertainment passes

Being a UK only service it's likely SKY have specified a UK address is required for delivery, let's hope the ent pack doesn't end up as restricted now too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Being a UK only service it's likely SKY have specified a UK address is required for delivery, let's hope the ent pack doesn't end up as restricted now too....

Hoping it's just an error after being restricted to purchases with with prime and the delivery/address conditions that come with that. Otherwise its ebay for passes.... not to bothered as the prices can be as good and I''ve collected enough nowtv boxes :-)

Hoping it's just an error after being restricted to purchases with with prime and the delivery/address conditions that come with that. Otherwise its ebay for passes.... not to bothered as the prices can be as good and I''ve collected enough nowtv boxes :-)

Always handy to have a few spares ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

Is there any consensus on whether you absolutely have to use a vpn with this or is it hit and miss.

I had a box a couple of years ago and it worked without a vpn so I stupidly bought two of the boxes on sale with amazon as xmas presents. Only subsequently saw that it's not *supposed* to work in Ireland.

• Advertisement

adm wrote: »
    Is there any consensus on whether you absolutely have to use a vpn with this or is it hit and miss.

I had a box a couple of years ago and it worked without a vpn so I stupidly bought two of the boxes on sale with amazon as xmas presents. Only subsequently saw that it's not *supposed* to work in Ireland.

The NowTv service and Channel 4 app both work without a VPN, the BBC iPlayer, ITV Player and Channel 5 player need one to work, so yes you can use NowTv without, but with the VPN and or smart DNS you have access to all the apps the box gives and covers you in case they do eventually start blocking.

I've mentioned a few times before too that i've had to contact the now tv support people via online chat a to query issues with the service, on each occasion they tried to ascertain where my boxes were located, my smartdns protected me.

Its really up to you whether you see value in it or not, i like having access to the extra apps so for that alone its worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Believe me, your purchase wasn't stupid. The now TV app works perfectly in Ireland. Your Xmas present recipients will be delighted at this easy to use entertainment device. A tip for you, just set up one now TV account, log in on both boxes with same account details. Register one of the 6 month entertainment cards, it will work on both boxes. You can have two devices. In 6 months time activate the second 6 month card. This gives users 12 months of now TV.

givecredit wrote: »
    Believe me, your purchase wasn't stupid. The now TV app works perfectly in Ireland. Your Xmas present recipients will be delighted at this easy to use entertainment device. A tip for you, just set up one now TV account, log in on both boxes with same account details. Register one of the 6 month entertainment cards, it will work on both boxes. You can have two devices. In 6 months time activate the second 6 month card. This gives users 12 months of now TV.
    U can't watch same thing on two boxes simultaneously as far as I know if u using one account.

iggy wrote: »
    U can't watch same thing on two boxes simultaneously as far as I know if u using one account.

Givecredit is not saying they do. He's saying you can use the pass in either box.

Well, I put in my basket and went as far as checkout. £7 + to post to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

iggy wrote: »

You can watch two different things on two boxes at same time. You can have up to 4 boxes on one account and use two at same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

Thanks all for the replies to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Picked up two! Cheers!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭maticm18

Hi all, picked up new nowtv smart box last week from amazon with 5 months free entertainment package. When it arrived I activated pass and installed plex on it. Everything worked fine till now. I got email that my account has been deactivated. When I try to log in I get error ''there is something wrong with your account, please contact customer support'' and there is telephone number. I did not use VPN with it. Any suggestions why my account got deactivated? And is there any fix for it?

• Advertisement

maticm18 wrote: »
    Hi all, picked up new nowtv smart box last week from amazon with 5 months free entertainment package. When it arrived I activated pass and installed plex on it. Everything worked fine till now. I got email that my account has been deactivated. When I try to log in I get error ''there is something wrong with your account, please contact customer support'' and there is telephone number. I did not use VPN with it. Any suggestions why my account got deactivated? And is there any fix for it?

Did u use a UK address when you registered?

Advertisement