Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

How would I get it delivered please

Parcel motel, Set up an account on this link.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/services/

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

hi all,

If someone could PM the name of any e-bay sellers they've dealt with before who sends passes via email that went smoothly that would be great.

Thanks

Bones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭jaykay74

givecredit wrote: »

Has the now tv box been changed ? Doesn't look like my Roku/NowTv box in the argos link...

Also from the nowtv website it shows both my roku version and this flatter looking one.

Box_Activation_Banner.png

Sorry if its already been asked/answered. I looked through the last couple of pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Has the now tv box been changed ? Doesn't look like my Roku/NowTv box in the argos link...

Also from the nowtv website it shows both my roku version and this flatter looking one.

Box_Activation_Banner.png

Sorry if its already been asked/answered. I looked through the last couple of pages.

Yeah it now has a built in Tv tuner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The UI is exactly the same though. Just an extra menu option for live TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

getting a bit fed up of netflix, thinking of adding this to the tv. what do i need to do to ensure it will work in Ireland. thinking of the movies and entertainment passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

flutered wrote: »
    it will not work with security so far, i will try you way later and report back, thanks op
    i got a lg nexus4, i now have no bother it works the lexus box and my pc both running togeather

i got a box plus 6 months entertainmentand set it up via the uk, i ran it a few times to get the hang of it, the i started to get sound with a blank screen, plus a message saying i was not in the uk, as i cannot be ar$ed tooling with it as i have too much on, if anyone thinks they they can manage it please contact me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

flutered wrote: »
    i got a box plus 6 months entertainmentand set it up via the uk, i ran it a few times to get the hang of it, the i started to get sound with a blank screen, plus a message saying i was not in the uk, as i cannot be ar$ed tooling with it as i have too much on, if anyone thinks they they can manage it please contact me

Did you use an Irish address to sign up?

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Did you use an Irish address to sign up?
    no an english addy that a relitive lives near

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

My boxes (original white box & newer smart box) both work for me with my home address (ROI address) on my account. Have used passes for sports & movies without issue. Currently using a 4 month movie pass. Maybe just lucky but I've never had any problems

fdevine wrote: »
    My boxes (original white box & newer smart box) both work for me with my home address (ROI address) on my account. Have used passes for sports & movies without issue. Currently using a 4 month movie pass. Maybe just lucky but I've never had any problems
    do you need to do any settings change or specific configuration.

if not i think ill take a punt on one at the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

eoinf wrote: »

I think its worth mentioning that those who say they have used irish credit cards and irish addresses etc did so quite some time ago and like myself now just use the passes from ebay so no transaction goes through the card, it would be fair to say a lot of people who've tried this recently have been cancelled by sky within days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

rogercross wrote: »
    I think its worth mentioning that those who say they have used irish credit cards and irish addresses etc did so quite some time ago and like myself now just use the passes from ebay so no transaction goes through the card, it would be fair to say a lot of people who've tried this recently have been cancelled by sky within days.

Valid point. I haven't purchased a pass directly in quite a while.

rogercross wrote: »

that makes sense.
    could an account be set-up without a credit card and started with a top up as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

that makes sense.
    could an account be set-up without a credit card and started with a top up as you say.

No, You need a card to set up the account.

I would imagine one of these work fine. Its works for other uk retailers who refuse to deal with ROI address without problems.

https://revolut.com/

You can have virtual setup within minutes.

that makes sense.

No, You need a card to set up the account.

I would imagine one of these work fine. Its works for other uk retailers who refuse to deal with ROI address without problems.

https://revolut.com/

You can have virtual setup within minutes.
    Got the revoult card, any particular address or just go random??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

random uk address. Make sure to put funds into card. About £1 or more, they check card for funds when opening account.

random uk address. Make sure to put funds into card. About £1 or more, they check card for funds when opening account.
    Great
    Just sorted it there, now to figure out how to add the Now TV app manually to my lg TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

Great
    Just sorted it there, now to figure out how to add the Now TV app manually to my lg TV.

Just set the overall region for the tv to UK and the app will appear

Free month of movies. Use code: AANOWDMRW7MP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

adox wrote: »

Where did you find that offer? Its not showing on my account:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you apply here it should work:> https://account.nowtv.com/passes/buy-with-voucher/Movies/MOVIES_SUBSCRIPTION_MONTH

Just go to the passes part of Nowtv, select Movies and where you can subscribe there's an option to apply a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

adox wrote: »

Applied it there and worked perfectly. Great timing too. Thanks for that.

Davy wrote: »

Just did that and got this message: "You can't buy a pass right now

Please wait a moment and try again".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Just did that and got this message: "You can't buy a pass right now

Please wait a moment and try again".

Are you in a pass or a free trial at the minute?

Davy wrote: »
    Are you in a pass or a free trial at the minute?

The only thing I have from them is a 1-day free Sports Pass that they gave out in the Summer. Would that be scuppering my chances?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Voucher worked for me just now, thank you very much for taking the time to post.

Advertisement