Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Just got my free sky sports set up for the match tonight. Used one of the codes I got from the Ashes completion earlier in this thread. Great little box. Paid for itself already.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭thegift06

billbond4 wrote: »
    You can watch for free using the ustv app?

is this us tv app just for android?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

what app is that onetv ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭wait4me

billbond4 wrote: »
    You can watch for free using the ustv app?
    The only thing I paid for was the tenner for the box :D and signed up for the free ustv

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mossie27

Anyone got a spare sky sports code for me to enjoy tonight's match?

• Advertisement

wait4me wrote: »
    Happened upon live transmission of Liverpool v Aston Villa match on Saturday evening on NBC. Great yoke this for a tenner!

Just downloaded the NBC channel there on Plex, all I see is Current Shows and Classic TV, where did you go to see a live tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭wait4me

It was a current show on Sat night!

You have to sign up for ustv through the website...

wait4me wrote: »
    It was a current show on Sat night!

You have to sign up for ustv through the website...

ah right cheers thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

USTVNOW app in the Roku Store download it & setup an account all free of charge. You get 4 USA stations & NBC is one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

USTVNOW app in the Roku Store download it & setup an account all free of charge. You get 4 USA stations & NBC is one of them.

I think After 45 days it is only free via PC Browser, a paid sub is required to use via ROKU after the initial free period.

• Advertisement

I reckon NBC will be showing every live Saturday match at 5.30pm & we will be able to get it through the Roku box. Best value for money going!

Crystal Palace V Sunderland next week here

and full schedule on NBC here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

galait wrote: »
    I think After 45 days it is only free via PC Browser, a paid sub is required to use via ROKU after the initial free period.

Yeah I read that, I will just airplay it through Apple TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

How long did it take to arrive from order to PM collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

1 week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

Plex for Android (and iOS) currently on sale

Android version sale price is one fiddy

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plexapp.android

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

long_b wrote: »
    Plex for Android (and iOS) currently on sale

Android version sale price is one fiddy

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plexapp.android

iPad version €1.79. Sale is today & tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Hey guys ,
    I see there seems to be great reviews with the now tv box on here..
    I've a few questions though ,

1. Can i watch channels or apps like demand 5, bbc iplayer etc that i can watch here in Ireland , no not available in your area nonsense! ....
    2. What apps or other tv apps do you recommend I here NBC is good , how do I go about getting them...
    3. How does sky sports and movies work here (I've never used sky)
    4. Any other tips? My only main use for this is tv streaming , I player etc...

Cheers

To be fair all of those questions are answered on nearly every page, have a quick gander.

Just ordered one there, can't wait :)

• Advertisement

Right so I have the ITV, Netflix UK, MTV channels and BBC Iplayer channels installed with plex but I cant watch anything due to my location. I know people have suggested unblock-us but I tried the free trial and still couldnt figure out how to set it up. Does anyone know any other free alternatives? I know you need to change your dns settings etc but can this be done on the NOWTV box itself instead of messing with the routers settings? I have asked the same question previously asking how to get bbC Iplayer to work but nobody replied, Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Asked and answered. No way to change DNS setting on the box itself.

JHet wrote: »
    Asked and answered. No way to change DNS setting on the box itself.

Ok maybe that part of the question has been asked and answered but the other one hasnt been clearly, just signed up to cactusVPN there for a free 7 day trial but still cant find an outright free one, I have tested BBC Iplayer and it seems to work but Demand 5 still doesnt

thegift06 wrote: »
    Right so I have the ITV, Netflix UK, MTV channels and BBC Iplayer channels installed with plex but I cant watch anything due to my location. I know people have suggested unblock-us but I tried the free trial and still couldnt figure out how to set it up. Does anyone know any other free alternatives? I know you need to change your dns settings etc but can this be done on the NOWTV box itself instead of messing with the routers settings? I have asked the same question previously asking how to get bbC Iplayer to work but nobody replied, Cheers

What sort of router do you have. Maybe we can help you set it up with a different DNS.

It was fairly easy to do on a Belkin.

Will will have to subscribe to one though I think

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

So both Bbc iPlayer and demand 5 don't work here then...
    I won't, when I get it be signing up to sky sports or movies ..
    So is ustv the only free tv streaming app that works here?
    And before you say read the thread , yes I did I can't find a definite answer! lol

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    So both Bbc iPlayer and demand 5 don't work here then...
    I won't, when I get it be signing up to sky sports or movies ..
    So is ustv the only free tv streaming app that works here?
    And before you say read the thread , yes I did I can't find a definite answer! lol

Yes and no. Most of ustv costs money but there are a a good few free channels.
    It really only a good streaming box if you don't want to subscribe to anything.

Does Plex for NowTV support plugins? I've installed a good few through the Windows server, YouTube, 4oD, RTE. Not sure if any of them will work but worth a shot

brokenarms wrote: »
    What sort of router do you have. Maybe we can help you set it up with a different DNS.

It was fairly easy to do on a Belkin.

Will will have to subscribe to one though I think

Ah cheers Belkin I know how to set it up and all but was looking for a free one but there doesnt seem to be one out there, cheers anyway

Shipped today! Hoping for Sunday evening PM collection but I'm thinking Monday. Not sure if PM goto Dublin then branch out for deliveries. I'm. In Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Shipped today! Hoping for Sunday evening PM collection but I'm thinking Monday. Not sure if PM goto Dublin then branch out for deliveries. I'm. In Galway.

Got mine today,, very impressed great little yoke for the money. I'm watching love hate box set on it via Vimeo app, excellent picture,, three hours viewing never buffered or stuttered once :)

Advertisement