Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

givecredit wrote: »
    I have not got a chance to check it, but I am told the full NowTV UK service is working again in Ireland. Has anyone else noticed this?

AHHHH FFS!!!

I just went out and paid for 12 months of a VPN to ensure continued use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    AHHHH FFS!!!

At lease now you have BBC iplayer, ITV hub and Demand 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

givecredit wrote: »
    At lease now you have BBC iplayer, ITV hub and Demand 5!

Ya, I suppose. And Netflix no longer seems to be blocking VPNs either, as i happily and accidentally discovered. A golden lining:o

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭woidoi

It came back a couple of days ago. Thought it was something I did trying to set up my VPN. :confused:
    Enjoy it while it lasts I suppose. Can't see them letting it go if they are still trying to flog the expensive Irish version.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭An Cigire

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    AHHHH FFS!!!

Any tips of where to get a decent 12 month VPN?

Feel free to PM

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

An Cigire wrote: »
    Any tips of where to get a decent 12 month VPN?

Feel free to PM

Cheers :)

Yep. Smartdns or getflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

back working on my LG TV.

wonder if a swaith of complaints or cancellations forced them to reconsider

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Back for me too on my upstairs tv. Got a new box from amazon for the main tv just before they blocked the signal so had to return it. Ill hold off ordering the second box until i'm sure its back to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bootser

OK back workingfor me too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Back here, Now TV Smart Box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I see there's a Special Offer on the Nowtv.ie site. A month of Sky Sports for €25.00. It might be worth it if they kept it at that price, but of course the t's & c's say its for a month and only SS 1 & 2.

http://www.nowtv.com/ie/offers

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭redscan

Word of warning: Irish account won't work on a UK bought Now tv box.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

redscan wrote: »
    Word of warning: Irish account won't work on a UK bought Now tv box.

Really? Why don't they work?

Really? Why don't they work?

Not sure. I couldn't get it working even with a reset. Guy on now tv chat checked the serial number and said I needed an Irish one.

redscan wrote: »
    Not sure. I couldn't get it working even with a reset. Guy on now tv chat checked the serial number and said I needed an Irish one.

Where did you buy? I was just looking into getting one from amazon, bit odd that a UK box wouldn't work in Ireland!

Where did you buy? I was just looking into getting one from amazon, bit odd that a UK box wouldn't work in Ireland!

Amazon. Uk box works with uk account. But won't work with an Irish account.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Sky have apparently tightened this up to prevent people using UK accounts/boxes to get the packages cheaper.

Thread over in Online TV about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I think there are a few posts on this a few weeks ago. It is likely that Now TV set up the Irish service to prevent people buying the boxes in Ireland and then purchasing cheaper UK passes. So it looks like Irish box with Irish account and Irish passes only and then same for the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

Soooo... good news is that the UK service is up and running again... the bad news is that I can't access my UK account to upload new passes, or check when my existing passes are out of date. When i try and log into now tv account, it's forcing me to go to the Irish login page.

Strangely, i can log in and it has my very basic info in the Irish log-in, but nothing is there about my passes, payment details etc. I suppose that's a good thing from a data protection point of view but not much help from a not paying the monthly subscription charge by mistake POV!

Anyone any advise on how to force myself onto the right version of the log-in without recourse to a VPN\DNS service? I know that's an option but i wondered if someone had a clever bypass. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Soooo... good news is that the UK service is up and running again... the bad news is that I can't access my UK account to upload new passes, or check when my existing passes are out of date. When i try and log into now tv account, it's forcing me to go to the Irish login page.

Strangely, i can log in and it has my very basic info in the Irish log-in, but nothing is there about my passes, payment details etc. I suppose that's a good thing from a data protection point of view but not much help from a not paying the monthly subscription charge by mistake POV!

Anyone any advise on how to force myself onto the right version of the log-in without recourse to a VPN\DNS service? I know that's an option but i wondered if someone had a clever bypass. cheers

There's a link at the bottom of the page that says "go to UK site", that should do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

There's a link at the bottom of the page that says "go to UK site", that should do it.

Very straightforward - thanks a million Former Former

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I was about 3 hours messing around with proxy browsers last night unable to load a pass and I've it done there in 2 mins!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Vwsham

Ah balls, anyone else getting 1301 geo blocked again??
    Seems to be only in some of the content and not others.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭An Cigire

NOW TV Box with 3 Month Entertainment Pass

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013SGATVC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ZUCpzbERXGQW8

Is this we're people have bought there UK now TV boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

An Cigire wrote: »
    NOW TV Box with 3 Month Entertainment Pass

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013SGATVC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ZUCpzbERXGQW8

Is this we're people have bought there UK now TV boxes?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So, having an issue related to the recent introduction of Irish nowtv.

Have been using UK version for years, bought sports month pass six weeks ago but I CANNOT login to cancel it or stop it rolling over.

I notice I am obviously being directed to the Irish site now it's available and I can login BUT once logged in I get error messages everytime I go to check payment details or my passes.. Basically I seem to have no way to cancel! Anyone got an email for them?

Edit: I see the answer was a few posts above! Disregard!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

anyone know if it's possible to pick up UK sports vouchers?

So for someone looking to pick this up now is it worthwhile buying a UK version or is it too much of a risk with the geo blocking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

I see there's a Special Offer on the Nowtv.ie site. A month of Sky Sports for €25.00. It might be worth it if they kept it at that price, but of course the t's & c's say its for a month and only SS 1 & 2.

http://www.nowtv.com/ie/offers

Nice. Was just about to buy a month for the US open and the lions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

does anyone know if the Apple TV app will work with an Irish account.

My app is currently associated with my uk account and now throws up an error when i try to use it.

Advertisement