Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭funnyname

Same question
    So for someone looking to pick this up now is it worthwhile buying a UK version or is it too much of a risk with the geo blocking?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭dodzy

funnyname wrote: »
    Same question

It's hardly at a price point that would constitute 'risk'

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

So for someone looking to pick this up now is it worthwhile buying a UK version or is it too much of a risk with the geo blocking?

without smart DNS yes it's a risk

with smart DNS no it's not a risk

But as another poster said - you can get one in from the UK with a voucher for about €20. Hardly something to get overly fretful about.

The UK version with smart DNS will also allow BBC player etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

While my UK box is working away fine now again (for the moment) I would like to set up another router with Smart DNS to be able to use BBC iPlayer, ITV etc on the NOW TV box and also to get more content from the Amazon Prime Video that I have.

Would Getflix be the best, most reliable Smart DNS provider to use or would anyone have another to recommend?

While my UK box is working away fine now again (for the moment) I would like to set up another router with Smart DNS to be able to use BBC iPlayer, ITV etc on the NOW TV box and also to get more content from the Amazon Prime Video that I have.

Would Getflix be the best, most reliable Smart DNS provider to use or would anyone have another to recommend?

I use unlocator.. Also has an api by which you can update your IP on their system. I've it running as an hourly cron job on our router.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Del007

lawred2 wrote: »
    I use unlocator.. Also has an api by which you can update your IP on their system. I've it running as an hourly cron job on our router.

Is unlocator easy to setup on Eircom's router?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

If you sign up for uk sports monthly pass, then go through the cancel process, telling them you are cancelling due to cost, they will offer you all 8 sports channels for £20 per month for 3 months.

givecredit wrote: »
    If you sign up for uk sports monthly pass, then go through the cancel process, telling them you are cancelling due to cost, they will offer you all 8 sports channels for £20 per month for 3 months.

On now TV?

I'm having bother now even using now TV with smart DNS...

I'm having bother now even using now TV with smart DNS...
    Your obviously doing something wrong. Have you updated your external IP address with your DNS provider.

• Advertisement

Your obviously doing something wrong. Have you updated your external IP address with your DNS provider.

Yeah all that's fine. BBC player and all them work perfectly.

Has anyone set up dns on an eircom router? I'm totally lost on how to do it

Yeah all that's fine. BBC player and all them work perfectly.
    Tell your DNS provider. Something not right.

yeah logged support ticket last night

who is your provider out of interest?

yeah logged support ticket last night

who is your provider out of interest?
    Getflix. With them 3 years. Excellent

Is it possible to update the IP address through an api? Or do you have to open getflix each and every time your public IP changes?

Is it possible to update the IP address through an api?
    Yes.
    I update mine using no-ip

Yes.
    I update mine using no-ip

this would also do it

https://getflix.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200576025-Can-I-update-my-IP-address-automatically-

cron job using ddwrt

configured getflix - now TV working fine again

obviously an issue with unlocator

To all the getflix users please excuse my ignorance on how to use it properly.

I got the 14 day free trial. I'm using 3 x NOW TV boxes in my house. Am I correct in saying that the only way to use getflix for these boxes is to get a separate router, set it up with the getlix settings and connect the boxes to this router?

Or is there another, simpler way?

• Advertisement

To all the getflix users please excuse my ignorance on how to use it properly.

I got the 14 day free trial. I'm using 3 x NOW TV boxes in my house. Am I correct in saying that the only way to use getflix for these boxes is to get a separate router, set it up with the getlix settings and connect the boxes to this router?

Or is there another, simpler way?

can you not set the DNS on your existing router?

can you not set the DNS on your existing router?

I probably can. It's the Eir F2000 from Huawei. Are their any security concerns or potential negative consequences from having it set up on your main router?

I probably can. It's the Eir F2000 from Huawei. Are their any security concerns or potential negative consequences from having it set up on your main router?

Not as far as I know. It's the most straightforward way of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

You can, i'm using this same router.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    You can, i'm using this same router.

Am I right in saying all I need to do is tick 'Static DNS' and put in new IPv4 primary and secondary DNS?

Edit: Tried it out and it works perfectly. iPlayer, ITV hub, Demand 5 working great.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Am I right in saying all I need to do is tick 'Static DNS' and put in new IPv4 primary and secondary DNS?

Edit: Tried it out and it works perfectly. iPlayer, ITV hub, Demand 5 working great.

I've also set up as above, itv and bbc players working but for some reason the box plus app won't still get 'can't be steamed in your location' ? Dns is setup correctly, but thinking there must be some conflict between IPv6 and IPv4 ?
    Modem is eir f2000

I'm using the eircom's router.

Under IP protocol version, do I select ipv4, ipv6 or ipv4 & ipv6?

I'd appreciate any help, cheers

finally got it working

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Del007 wrote: »
    finally got it working

Care to share your fix in case someone else may learn from your experience?

• Advertisement

It's not working now and I really don't know what's happening.

Advertisement