Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

noodler wrote: »
    Get a UK psn account and yob an get UK one.

I don't like going through the time for workarounds like that when it's THEIR job to make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Occono wrote: »
    I don't like going through the time for workarounds like that when it's THEIR job to make it work.

Was this service ever actually promised for the Irish PSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Was this service ever actually promised for the Irish PSN?

I'm not paying for it until it is.

Starting to get the Unsupported Region error message again, even with DNS settings on the router. I reset the box, content will play for 20 mins, then the error message appears again.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Starting to get the Unsupported Region error message again, even with DNS settings on the router. I reset the box, content will play for 20 mins, then the error message appears again.

:mad::mad::mad:

Which provider is your dns service with?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Guys,you do realise that sky do read this forum?
    This is a public forum and of course they're reacting to information posted here with new ip fixes to restore region blocking,the same as Netflix does

This thread must be a super resource for them

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Anyone having issues with bbc iplayer today?
    Getting error 02001 on both nowtv and roku boxes
    Working okay on friday.

Tried on pc, need to create a bbc login, which I did, and it works fine.
    NowTV + Roku apps has login button, but it generates a code which you have to type into your account on website to enable it - trick is to leave messge on screen while doing it.
    Beeb account recognised on NowTV + Roku apps, but stream still does not play!
    Wondering if I am alone on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Anyone having issues with bbc iplayer today?
    Getting error 02001 on both nowtv and roku boxes
    Working okay on friday.

Tried on pc, need to create a bbc login, which I did, and it works fine.
    NowTV + Roku apps has login button, but it generates a code which you have to type into your account on website to enable it - trick is to leave messge on screen while doing it.
    Beeb account recognised on NowTV + Roku apps, but stream still does not play!
    Wondering if I am alone on this?

Had problem on Getflix. Switched to VPN and UK DNS on IBVPN and no look either. Fixed issue by using IBVPN DNS American/International server

WIZWEB wrote: »
    Had problem on Getflix. Switched to VPN and UK DNS on IBVPN and no look either. Fixed issue by using IBVPN DNS American/International server

Tried a number of different servers but still no luck.
    Think its an issue with the app myself as 'my setup' works fine on a pc.
    Was definitely working on friday last, so looks like a possible change on the beeb end! Will wait and see if any update this week.

Can you get as far as the confirm you have a license question on the BBC i player?

• Advertisement

Can you get as far as the confirm you have a license question on the BBC i player?

Not getting asked that question, either on working pc or now tv app.
    Using main bbc website on pc using a browser, and it says you need to be signed in. After signin all working okay.
    On nowtv bbc app there is a sign in button top left beside bbc logo, when you click that it generates a code which you need to type into your web account. When you do that, the now tv app acknowledges the code and displays your login name. You can then select a pgm to watch, but once selected it throws up the 02001 error box.
    As I said not an issue with browser on pc!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

WIZWEB wrote: »

Getflix have fixed this issue.

Just wondering can anybody confirm whether bbc iplayer works okay or not today, on a now tv or roku box?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Tonio

Just wondering can anybody confirm whether bbc iplayer works okay or not today, on a now tv or roku box?

Yes all working again - now tv, atv4, lg tv and iOS

Tonio wrote: »
    Yes all working again - now tv, atv4, lg tv and iOS

'Sort of' working for me now.
    Do not get 02001 error immediately, but now get the spinning wait ball, and the program may or may not start. If it does not start I get the 02001 error. Need to try a few times, but each time it fails to start, the best option is to exit the app and go back into it!
    No change to bbc iplayer app on Black NowTV or Roku boxes, but Roku did get updated to OS7.7.
    Forgot to mention, that when using bbc iplayer on website on pc, that it plays a short trailer before the selected program starts - maybe that's upsetting the NowTV and Roku boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Same on my Samsung Smart TV - the BBC iPlayer application now gives the 02001 error 9 out of 10 attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

JDxtra wrote: »
    Same on my Samsung Smart TV - the BBC iPlayer application now gives the 02001 error 9 out of 10 attempts.

Worked fine on my Samsung using Getflix smart DNS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭techdiver

HI,

Can anyone here confirm that they can find/install the NowTV app on the xbox one s? It's listed as supported on the NowTV irish site, but i can't find it on the xbox at all.

I've given up on Now TV and bought an android box.

Geo blocked now for 2 weeks, and there's no way I'm paying double the price for the same thing for the Irish service.

techdiver wrote: »
    HI,

Can anyone here confirm that they can find/install the NowTV app on the xbox one s? It's listed as supported on the NowTV irish site, but i can't find it on the xbox at all.
    Probably an error on their web site. I expect this would be the "UK only" Now TV app. So, if you're Xbox region is Ireland you won't see this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I've given up on Now TV and bought an android box.

Geo blocked now for 2 weeks, and there's no way I'm paying double the price for the same thing for the Irish service.

It's not geo-blocked. Try it without any VPN/DNS stuff and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

Are the new UK nowtv smart boxes of any benefit in Ireland? Can they be used to get Saorview channels on old tv?

kindalen wrote: »
    Are the new UK nowtv smart boxes of any benefit in Ireland? Can they be used to get Saorview channels on old tv?

If they have a freeview HD tuner which I presume they do,then they will pick up all the saorview channels when connected to the appropriate aerial

I got Saorview channels through mine

They can, but the channel order is messed up and you cannot edit it. Also may not work with a Now TV Ireland account.

Why wouldn't it work with an Irish now tv account?
    The tuner has nothing to do with that,so it will work regardless

Do UK boxes now reject Irish now tv accounts?

Now TV content may not work on it. The tuner will work of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Is it only the newer Now TV boxes that can tune into saorview? I'm using the older white one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Corholio wrote: »
    Is it only the newer Now TV boxes that can tune into saorview? I'm using the older white one.

Yeah,they're about the size of a saucer and have a tuner built in, hence the larger size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

For anyone with a PS4 and who's using the Irish NowTv I believe you can now download the NowTv app on your PS4.

Advertisement