Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Same here. Entertainment pass no problem. Region block on movies

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭nthside_cycle

I recently had problems applying a movie pass, only days after applying one for entertainment. However, I got Mrs Bloggs to log in while over in the UK and hey presto it worked.

Yes have noticed that with promotional codes I buy on ebay can't load from Ireland,one solution I use is tunnelbear VPN, they have an APP for android and set location to UK and it worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Id like to know the answer to this also, as thinking of moving to Eir too....

Same as well please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

givecredit wrote: »
    Yes, smart dns proxies work fine on eir fibre. You can even buy a static IP from eir for 50 Euro to make life easier.

I’ve been unable to get a smart dns to work on a new Éir ftth
    Kodi won’t work either,it just won’t find any feeds
    Both work fine on all other providers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭boccy23

I’ve been unable to get a smart dns to work on a new Éir ftth
    Kodi won’t work either,it just won’t find any feeds
    Both work fine on all other providers

Changed this week and am having trouble doing it on the router. With the IPV4 and IPV6 settings and the 2.4G and 5G channels, it would work. Then it would slow everything down (~6MB from 50MB last night) so I have put it onto the PC only for now. This works.
    I am using SmartDNSproxy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Probably worth mentioning this thread as well for those with the boxes:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057816043

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

I saw this on HUKD. Could be worth a shot. It may or may not work with an Irish a/c.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Hello, I was able to load the NowTV UK app on my Apple TV. Does anybody know if it works with a smartDNS the same way the Roku box works? Just wanted to make sure before I buy a subscription from getflix. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Hello, I was able to load the NowTV UK app on my Apple TV. Does anybody know if it works with a smartDNS the same way the Roku box works? Just wanted to make sure before I buy a subscription from getflix. Thanks in advance

You do not need getflix when using UK nowtv. Just when your signing up for now tv use free VPN on your PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yoshimitsu wrote: »

how do you get the app on atv?

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    how do you get the app on atv?
    Download it from iTunes for 4th gen ATV. Switch to UK app store if you want that version...
    I've read it's available for 3rd gen as well but not sure how you download it as there is no app store. Possibly through an OS update and then "un-hide" it from the Settings menu

givecredit wrote: »
    You do not need getflix when using UK nowtv. Just when your signing up for now tv use free VPN on your PC.

Thanks, I'll try it tonight then

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Can Plex still be side-loaded onto this? My dad is looking for a media player (old andorid box died), and this looks like it fits the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

the_syco wrote: »
    Can Plex still be side-loaded onto this? My dad is looking for a media player (old andorid box died), and this looks like it fits the job!

No they stopped it awhile ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    No they stopped it awhile ago.
    Bah. Back to looking. Thanks for the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

Yes have noticed that with promotional codes I buy on ebay can't load from Ireland,one solution I use is tunnelbear VPN, they have an APP for android and set location to UK and it worked for me

Had to use above to apply a voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

the_syco wrote: »
    Bah. Back to looking. Thanks for the response.

A Roku express, 35 Euro on Amazon is ideal.

Just got an email there basically calling me out on having a UK service while living in ROI. In fairness, they are offering me a free box plus 3 free months of entertainment and cinema passes to cancel the UK service and create an ROI account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Just got an email there basically calling me out on having a UK service while living in ROI. In fairness, they are offering me a free box plus 3 free months of entertainment and cinema passes to cancel the UK service and create an ROI account

Just got the same. 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Me too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Lets see what happens after the 3rd of April, I would suggest if anyone has ideas or workarounds not to publicly post them in here just in case this is being read.

Am I safe to assume that the boxes I already have won't work with an Irish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Am I safe to assume that the boxes I already have won't work with an Irish account?

Separate system i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

JDxtra wrote: »
    Just got the same email. Fair enough really. They are giving boxes and free TV for 3 months! All my UK passes had already expired, so happy days.

Is it a free 3 months or 3 months Ent & movies for a tenner a month or is it ten for each of Ent & Movies?

'free NOW TV Box, plus 3 months of the biggest movies and shows for only €10 a month'

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

Sucks because it is way more expensive and no kids channels which is the only reason I have it really.

I wonder did they send that mail to everyone or just the accounts they know are using it from Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

I didn't get a mail from them, I use smartdns though. do the people who got notified bother with vpn's or smart dns services?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

11214 wrote: »
    I didn't get a mail from them, I use smartdns though. do the people who got notified bother with vpn's or smart dns services?
    I got the email but was getting a VPN warning on SmartDNS last week so reverted to local and it worked so left it a couple of days before putting back after SmartDNS confirmed they fixed the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Sucks because it is way more expensive and no kids channels which is the only reason I have it really.

I wonder did they send that mail to everyone or just the accounts they know are using it from Ireland.

I've had an account with my Irish address & card since mid 2013, between vouchers and cancellation deals it really cost peanuts, tis a pity it's going but I must say I've struggled to find things to watch on it for the past 12 - 18 months outside the big ticket items so wouldnt be bothered with a VPN/DNS, I will just dip in and out of the Ireland one and probably save money for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I had it on and off since the beginning coffee this thread
    I bought an Irish box that had 2 months movies recently for €24.

I've now moved to netflix. For €8.65 a month it's much better value and the kids have an account for copious amounts of cartoons.

Now TV just wasn't a bargain with limited new movies which were quickly watched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

Got the email too. Wonder what the legal side of it is?

Too expensive here. Only use it for kids tv, with cheap passes.

Advertisement