Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Got mine today,, very impressed great little yoke for the money. I'm watching love hate box set on it via Vimeo app, excellent picture,, three hours viewing never buffered or stuttered once :)

Great news, I chose the one month Sky Movies trial with mine :)
    When did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

When did you order?

I ordered mine last thursday, arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭thegift06

Received my free 90-Day Playstation Plus through parcel motel, which was one of the offers a while back, you just have to set up a new account with UK address and it will work in the UK store no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

When did you order?

I ordered exactly one week ago, arrived at parcel motel two days ago but I just collected it today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Found a discount code today, site says you must be an ex-member and that having previously just tried the 30 day trial will work, code expires 30th of September so I signed up for the trial today and I should just squeeze in.
    Deal is for £4 a month for 6 months and code is: 286MBNWTE4

Hopefully something better will come along but even so it's a decent enough offer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

That's the code I used its worth 4 quid a month if will never be worth 15. Kids have another 6months of Tinkerbell and disney so delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Got the box the other day, would strongly encourage anyone who is in a position to get it to do just that. Great bit of kit.

Lads are all the same plugins available for Plex as there are for XBMC? I've searched but I can't find a list of supported plugins....

Royal Mail tracking say it has been delivered to Parcel Motel :)
    mGZ9vcm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

400th post

But on topic, I got 150mb broadband today and plex + kat will be my best friend.

Thank god for parcel motel, don't think I could have waited till we get it over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Ive 2 of these now, you would want your head examined not picking it up for the price. Particularly if you already have a plex server.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Just in case anybody was wondering:
    I purchased the Plex app for my ipad €1.59.
    Not quite sure why but it seemed like good idea at 2.m......
    It plays stuff from the Windows PC and the Ubuntu machine which have Plex MediaServer running on them. Not perfectly - lot of buffering, probably I need faster hardware.

I tested the Plex app as the remote control of the NowTV box and it works fine, once I had selected Plex channel on the box. To my surprise it continued to act as remote control for the other channels e.g. Vevo, Vimeo, TED etc

I don't know if this gets me anything other than just another remote control.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Hi Guys,

Anyone had any issues with adding the Plex Server to the NowTV Plex app? Followed the youtube video. Everything worked fine. Installed app on the NowTV box and installed the Media Server on my Windows PC.

When I go to the Plex app -> Discover Servers -> Nothing shows up.

When I add server manually (found IP address via cmd -> ipconfig) I get a timeout error.

Using UPC (older CISCO Modem). PC connected via network cable.

Things I already tried.

1. Re-installed the media server (on PC)
    2. Re-installed the Plex app on the NowTV box
    3. Disabled Firewall

Hope it's ok to ask here as many have installed Plex on the NowTV box recently I am guessing.

Hope someone has an idea.

Great Box btw. Total bargain for 9.99 Pounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Playto working very well for me so far, streaming stuff I have downloaded from my tablet to my nowtv box. Great little box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Ordered one today,purely for Plex, might flog one of my sought after Atv2s if it does the job, as that's all I use the Atvs for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭ando

Ordered one today,purely for Plex, might flog one of my sought after Atv2s if it does the job, as that's all I use the Atvs for.

I had a loan of a ATV but only used it for YouTube and Netflix, both of which arent available on the nowTv, but still cant complain for a tenner!

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭thegift06

ando wrote: »
    I had a loan of a ATV but only used it for YouTube and Netflix, both of which arent available on the nowTv, but still cant complain for a tenner!

they are available through plex, I know that youtube works but I dont have a netflix account to check if netflix works270036.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I can't see Sky or Netflix on channels you can add to Plex. Can anyone advise on how to find these? Cheers lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

WOW! 28 pages! What a box!

Got mine, via parcel motel, set it up, got a NOW TV sub, got a UNOTELLY sub.

Can watch US TV etc. Great fun. :)

But: If I look for iplayer etc, I get geolocation error. What else do I need to do to persuade BBC & C5 that I'm in the UK? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Opened mine today for a look, have attached the pics, looks like there's a connection for an external aerial if you're having problems with your WiFi signal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

thegift06 wrote: »
    they are available through plex, I know that youtube works but I dont have a netflix account to check if netflix works270036.jpg

How did you get the sky and 4od apps there,Stick them in via the browser? Just interested to know whats on the sky there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Ordered on 30th Aug and its saying 'Everything’s been packaged up and your order has left the building with Royal Mail.'
    However the tracking number they have included is not working on the Royal mail web site and I don't see anything in my Parcel Motel

Has anyone else had success in tracking this on the Royal Mail site?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭stimpson

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Ordered on 30th Aug and its saying 'Everything’s been packaged up and your order has left the building with Royal Mail.'
    However the tracking number they have included is not working on the Royal mail web site and I don't see anything in my Parcel Motel

Has anyone else had success in tracking this on the Royal Mail site?

It usually takes a few hours to appear on the royal mail site.

stimpson wrote: »
    It usually takes a few hours to appear on the royal mail site.

Its 4 days ago since it 'left the building'

I am getting
    There is no data available for this tracking reference, please try again later on the Royal Mail site

I know its only €15 ish but still would like to get my hands on this and I am getting worried its gone missing

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

I am getting
    There is no data available for this tracking reference, please try again later on the Royal Mail site

I know its only €15 ish but still would like to get my hands on this and I am getting worried its gone missing

Mine left yesterday morning and I am getting the same thing about no data available

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭stimpson

You said it's 4 days since you ordered. Mine took a few days to ship, and then another day before it appeared on Royal Mail.

stimpson wrote: »
    You said it's 4 days since you ordered. Mine took a few days to ship, and then another day before it appeared on Royal Mail.

Apologies for confusion – its been saying ‘left the building’ since last Friday that's why I was worried it hasn't shown up on the Royal Mail site yet. I will sit it out another day or 2 and see if it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

I have this and it seems pretty cool.

I have no idea what my best route for a UK VPN is?

Also plex has me a little confused aswell.

post checked into PM Belfast at 11am!! :)
    ErlvTrK.jpg

I notice an insufficient delivery info notice sticker, possibly placed there by Royal Mail. I suspect it was because when I got the dispatch notice, part of the postcode was missing....Sky :pac:

• Advertisement

Its here, but BE WARNED, put your PMID in the box with your LAST NAME as Sky didn't put my PMID on my package AT ALL! HENCE the sticker on the picture above ^^

Advertisement