Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Its here, but BE WARNED, put your PMID in the box with your LAST NAME as Sky didn't put my PMID on my package AT ALL! HENCE the sticker on the picture above ^^

They seem to have totally messed up mine (hence its not showing on the Royal mail Tracker or in Parcel Motel 5 days after it saying 'it left the building')

They have

MyName
    1A McKinney Road
    PM99999, Parcel Motel
    Newtownabbey
    United Kingdom
    BT364PE

I dont think its going to get to me with that on the address label

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

tui0hcg wrote: »
    They seem to have totally messed up mine (hence its not showing on the Royal mail Tracker or in Parcel Motel 5 days after it saying 'it left the building')

They have

MyName
    1A McKinney Road
    PM99999, Parcel Motel
    Newtownabbey
    United Kingdom
    BT364PE

I dont think its going to get to me with that on the address label

whats wrong with that? The postcode is right so it should be fine.

I actually forgot to put my pmid down when ordering it (realised pretty much straight away), I emailed parcel motel and they told me I was the only person in their system with my name so it would find its way to me, and it did!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

whats wrong with that? The postcode is right so it should be fine.

I actually forgot to put my pmid down when ordering it (realised pretty much straight away), I emailed parcel motel and they told me I was the only person in their system with my name so it would find its way to me, and it did!

Did it take long before it showed up in the royal mail tracking ? mine left monday morning and still hasn't showed up on the royalmail website

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    Did it take long before it showed up in the royal mail tracking ? mine left monday morning and still hasn't showed up on the royalmail website

Mine showed up instantly.

Mine showed up instantly.

Must be something wrong so,I will wait till Friday and see what happens.

• Advertisement

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    Must be something wrong so,I will wait till Friday and see what happens.

Yeah, and if it doesn't show up, mine took a week exactly to arrive. Ordered last Tuesday, shipped Wednesday, Arrvied @ PM on Saturday, arrived at PM this morning, picked up an hour ago.

Delay from PM due to Sky not putting my PMiD on the package...:rolleyes:

Well, that's Plex up an running :)
    tSfFOsf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Well, that's Plex up an running :)
    tSfFOsf.jpg

Any idea how to get the netflix channel on plex, won't show up for me when I am trying to add channels!

tony1980 wrote: »
    Any idea how to get the netflix channel on plex, won't show up for me when I am trying to add channels!

Hmm, strange one. Just tried to add it and nope, didn't show up, but another plug-in I installed did show...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I never really thought about adding channels to plex, how do you add rte player to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

If you can add rte player would it work if the box was brought to Spain
    Would make my old man happy

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

the bbc iplayer and 5 on demand doesnt work for me...it says geolocation unavailable.
    am i doing something wrong?

soundsham wrote: »
    If you can add rte player would it work if the box was brought to Spain
    Would make my old man happy

It'll probably present the same problem as bellow
    4real wrote: »
    the bbc iplayer and 5 on demand doesnt work for me...it says geolocation unavailable.
    am i doing something wrong?

They are like the rte player, locked to viewers only in there country

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

Shane_ef wrote: »
    It'll probably present the same problem as bellow

They are like the rte player, locked to viewers only in there country

so they will never work?
    bummer:(

No they can you just have to use uk dns, there's post about it a few pages back

Sad thing is, the RTE Player plugin for Plex doesn't work. It opens then shows an error :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

its on its way - ohhh the excitement!!!

Royal Mail at last telling me
    We have a record of item as being delivered from Newtownabbey DO on 2013-09-05.

All this for a box that comes to about €12

Mines also in Belfast,the first tracking info I got was saying it was delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 woodgac

brokenarms wrote: »
    I don't quite understand. Is that 14.99 for 6 months or 14.00 per month.

That's the price for the 6 month Sky movies subscription

It only works if you create a new NowTV account by the way! Still good value as I missed out on all the initial promotions!

woodgac wrote: »
    That's the price for the 6 month Sky movies subscription

It only works if you create a new NowTV account by the way! Still good value as I missed out on all the initial promotions!

There is nothing stopping us from using a different payment card and opening a second account. Or is there? I used a discount code that did not work, now I cant enter another.

brokenarms wrote: »
    There is nothing stopping us from using a different payment card and opening a second account. Or is there? I used a discount code that did not work, now I cant enter another.

No there is nothing stopping you using a second account, that's what I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

How did you get around the postal code? Use Parcel Motel? If so how. It won't accept mine. "postal code does not match"

woodgac wrote: »
    No there is nothing stopping you using a second account, that's what I did.

was on to the Nowtv people and they say they dont support the ROI. I said they did , she said unofficially it works but it not intended for us and she cant wipe the non working discount code off my account. So a new account maybe the only way.

beauf wrote: »
    How did you get around the postal code? Use Parcel Motel? If so how. It won't accept mine. "postal code does not match"

For groupon or NowTV?

with groupon I just used one from the North. Now TV allow you to use an Irish address as a billing address so it was just my Dublin address

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

BOGOF Offer on Sky Sports Day Passes - 2 for £9.99

http://www.nowtv.com/promo/sportoffer?DCMP=DMC_Aug_2013_NowTV_Buy1Get1Free_onefree_SportsDD_8

Buy one Day pass before 27th September and get a voucher code for a second Day Pass emailed to you. Free voucher code to be redeemed by 20th December

Better than nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭taytobreath

i bought one of these, but it asks me for a network password, im on vodafone broadband and ive tried all the usual passwords such as broadband, vodafone, 1234, nothing works. can anyone help?

Your WiFi network password? Should be on the Vodafone router as "WEP Key" or similar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭taytobreath

i got it. i brought it into a room near the router, it wasnt pickin up a signal in the other room. thank you so much, ive had it for 3 days and kinda gave up on it....
    my resolution on the tv is all wrong, will this fix it self after the software update

its like i have double vision watchin my telly. the sreen resolution never fixed it self, i tried the settings on both appliances, no joy, hdmi cable is good. i tried it with another tv and it works fine, so it must be the tv, sony bravia about 6 years old.

Advertisement