Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

You don't need a plexpass. Plex is free, apart from apps on your phone or iPad etc.
    THe plexpass is for more advanced features, like taking your media with you etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Great! Got VideoBuzz installed....and working! It's a YouTube client for Roku. Good thing is, it installs from your browser on their site. Just enter your NowTV LAN IP and it installs.
    NOTE: For me, it removed Plex. Maybe this means you can only have one dev-app installed at one time? That would be a shame.
    Install link: http://www.myvideobuzz.in/Account/Install.aspx

Screenshots incoming!

dsVN9JL.jpg

8p6vNV2.jpg

2UfvyAI.jpg

24u2K8t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Watching you tube here on Plex and its the full version not like the ATV this box is the Dogs Bo****

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yeah I think you can only sideload one developer app onto the NowTV Box. Plex is one of my favourite apps i've found this year, can't believe i'm only finding it now. I'll be sticking with that on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yes AND no. :)

it breaks the media server and media player halves of xbmc in two and allows you to offload the backend media management half with all your media on, onto a server (or most nas devices) with no connection to your TV, meaning you only need a cheap lightweight device like the NowTV to actually play stuff back on your telly, or (and this is the good bit) many telly's all at once, or even over the internet via your web browser or the plex app on a mobile device. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ozmo

Having an issue with Plex - I just want it to play Netflix

Standard Irish account - standard UPC DNS settings.
    I can access Netflix videos from PC via netflix.com website.

* Plex and Plugin is installed OK - I can browse the netflix films via the Media Manager on the pc - but when I go to play (orange play button) on the PC...nothing. Just stalls. And on the NowTV box you get the same, can browse the film list - but cannot play.

PC is XP - Tried Firewall off - Flash and Silverlight installed.

Any ideas?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

ozmo wrote: »

* Plex and Plugin is installed OK - I can browse the netflix films via the Media Manager on the pc - but when I go to play (orange play button) on the PC...nothing. Just stalls. And on the NowTV box you get the same, can browse the film list - but cannot play.

Any ideas?

Im getting the same with 4Od. All seems to work on the computer but wont play via Now TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

ozmo wrote: »

Any ideas?

http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/PlexNine_Tips_and_Tricks#Plex_Log_Files

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

So what's the ordering process like? I have a server running Plex in my network already so I was looking to get one of these. I have a parcel motel account, but what do I fill in for the shipping address? Where do I put the PMID?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

So what's the ordering process like? I have a server running Plex in my network already so I was looking to get one of these. I have a parcel motel account, but what do I fill in for the shipping address? Where do I put the PMID?

Put the PMID in the same box as your name. Otherwise, your PMID wont appear anywhere on the address label :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

What's this "new product trials" stuff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ozmo

paddyp wrote: »

Ta. Still none the wiser - some random object not found python error. Then it seems to try send off the error and logs to some remote server without asking. grrr.
    Really didnt want to have to code to get this thing to work :(

Are you supposed to be able play netflix channel from the webbrowser on the server itself? I can see the playlists but start play video doesnt work.

Thanks-

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Tarjh

Thanks to the OP, I got one of these today. I installed Plex and a few channels but not all are working. For some I get an error ("We're unable to play this video. Make sure the server is running and has access to this video".) Anyone had this? Any idea what I can do to fix it, please? Thanks!

Join a FREE NOW TV product trialIt's an exciting time here at NOW TV. We're going to be trialling more exciting ways to watch and we'd like you to register your interest in taking part. As a triallist, you'll be one of the first to experience what we're working on and all we ask is for some regular feedback. To register your interest, simply click here and complete a few questions.

Any ideas what this is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

long_b wrote: »
    Any ideas what this is ?

Link??????

Link??????

Got it in an email - reckon the link mentioned in the text is personalised to my account.

I think some sort of new hardware may be involved ?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

so got my box. i've set it up all good.
    i'm just registering with nowtv.com and wopndered whether there's any advantage registering with a UK credit card rather than an irish one?

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Tarjh

i'm just registering with nowtv.com and wopndered whether there's any advantage registering with a UK credit card rather than an irish one?

anyone?

Don't think so. Your access to BBC iPlayer goes by your DNS settings so a UK credit card won't make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Anybody else having buffering problems with this box? I've no probs with my roku 2 or my panasonic smart bluray player. I've reset the box & it makes no difference. Doin me head in now!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭col007

Hi All Would anyone have any one day sports passes they don t need thanks:mods feel free to move if not suited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just wondering if anyone has found any other vouchers to use beyond the trial and £1 offer for the first few months.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

anyone?
    don't know, but i registered it with my Sky.com account rather than a new nowtv account and i can't get the iplayer working no matter what dns settings i use, so i'd steer clear of that if you can, just in case and just register a fresh acocunt.

serves me right for being lazy i guess. if i manage to not be lazy sometime in the near future, i'll reset it and use a fresh nowtv account.

if i can be arsed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

astrofluff wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has found any other vouchers to use beyond the trial and £1 offer for the first few months.

What £1 offer per month ? is it active?

there is still an active £4 one though which I have saved but yet to use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

What £1 offer per month ? is it active?

there is still an active £4 one though which I have saved but yet to use

There are a couple of £3 per month codes on hotukdeals, as far as I know all of them are only valide to 30th september. If you read through the comments for the various nowtv offers you'll find other codes.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/now-tv-4-months-for-3-ppm-1658268

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Walt123

Well everything was great with Now tv box but on Sunday evening the following message appeared on screen "Oops something has gone wrong here ,Come back after (1009).Have been on to nowtv crowd and tey reset my account after I reset box but still nothing,anybody any ideas ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Anyone having delivery issues? Ordered my second box last week. Showing as delivered on the 21st but Parcel Motel have no sign of it.

Emailed them to check and they got back to say it was delivered and to know what it was. Just waiting to hear back from them now but I don't hold much hope :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Any one having remote issues? Just unpacked mine and remote doesnt appear to work

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

A question for anyone that has this box already:

I have an android media box running xbmc and my library is shared via upnp.
    Will the Plex app be able to play media that is shared over my network via upnp or does it require a Plex media server?

Setting up a home media server would be nice but for the moment the cheapest way possible is all i can do so this box would be nice for a tenner.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

godtabh wrote: »
    Any one having remote issues? Just unpacked mine and remote doesnt appear to work

A few people have had battery issues, try new batteries first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

godtabh wrote: »

Stick the batteries in lol

Embarrassingly enough that fixed the problem for me :(

Advertisement