Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

long_b wrote: »

There's the link

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

I was using an Rpi for plex on a TV in the spare room. This is a much better option than the media centre remote and USB receiver, plus it is much faster than the pi. Amazing value for 15 euro delivered.

The picture quality is variable for streaming but I'm just using it for plex and it's perfect.

I also didn't need to sign up for the sky movies trial. I just signed in with my sky details and went as far as putting the movies trial in my basket. I then signed in with those details on the box. It gives out when you boot it up but pressing back brings you to the apps menu and I go back in to plex.

No credit card details needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 HMS

Just adding my vote to "Excellent bargain" category. I've slowly been ripping my 1000+ DVD's and CD's to a home server and have installed three Apple iTV's around the house at Euro 109 each, but need another two streaming devices to complete the upgrade. I've just tried out one of these NowTv boxes with Plex installed and first impressions are excellent. Looks l could have bought 5 of these and still had change for the price of one iTV. The only serious omission compared to the iTV is the lack of YouTube, which my kids use all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

HMS wrote: »
    Just adding my vote to "Excellent bargain" category. I've slowly been ripping my 1000+ DVD's and CD's to a home server and have installed three Apple iTV's around the house at Euro 109 each, but need another two streaming devices to complete the upgrade. I've just tried out one of these NowTv boxes with Plex installed and first impressions are excellent. Looks l could have bought 5 of these and still had change for the price of one iTV. The only serious omission compared to the iTV is the lack of YouTube, which my kids use all the time.

you can install youtube on plex

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Having trouble getting Netflix to run through Plex on this. It works fine on the server (laptop) end, but isn't appearing as a channel on the NowTV Plex menu.
    Anybody get it working and care to share the secret?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 coolbreeze72

How does it handle 720p HD content streamed through Plex on the NowTV, quality wise I mean??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Having a problem paying for the box and the page just keeps trying to load on the sky patments page.

Did anyone else get a page that just says,
    Action in progress

An action is in progress.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

How does it handle 720p HD content streamed through Plex on the NowTV, quality wise I mean??

On mine its poor enough, though that looks more likely to be to do with slowish wireless. On my Samsung Tvs the plex streaming is faultless but its connected with network over power plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭stimpson

aidankkk wrote: »
    On mine its poor enough, though that looks more likely to be to do with slowish wireless. On my Samsung Tvs the plex streaming is faultless but its connected with network over power plugs.

I have mine sitting beside the router and the server attached to router with gigabit ethernet. Works flawlessly when set to DirectStream. DirectPlay gave me some issues though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Just got a free £20 voucher for stores and stuff. Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

Can you get netflix on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Just got a free £20 voucher for stores and stuff. Anyone else?
    how??:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,513 ✭✭✭brevity

Can you get netflix on this?

I've installed a Netflix Uk channel on my plex server(a laptop) but it doesn't stream to the now tv box properly.

It's actually quite weird. I selected an episode of breaking bad from the Netflix channel on the Plex app, but it started streaming sound from my laptop with no video.

*shrugs shoulders*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

chris1970 wrote: »
    how??:(

Just got an email. Seem to be able to redeem it for Uk stores, some online but mostly instore. May have to use the BT1 address to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

brevity wrote: »
    I've installed a Netflix Uk channel on my plex server(a laptop) but it doesn't stream to the now tv box properly.

It's actually quite weird. I selected an episode of breaking bad from the Netflix channel on the Plex app, but it started streaming sound from my laptop with no video.

*shrugs shoulders*

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/68765-netflix-uk/page-2#entry471072

netflix us channel has been removed and netflix uk is based on it so I'm guessing theres not much point in fiddling until netflix us is fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Ordered one of these cant log in to my tv account dont have sky id keeps asking me for one tried retrieve username etc, put in my email and it doesnt accept it only have one email so i am not putting it in wrong

any help would be great
    thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

crasy dash wrote: »
    Ordered one of these cant log in to my tv account dont have sky id keeps asking me for one tried retrieve username etc, put in my email and it doesnt accept it only have one email so i am not putting it in wrong

any help would be great
    thanks lads

Go to Now TV live chat - they will help you out

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/tag/Live%20Chat/tg-p/tag-id/146

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Dont tell them you are using it in Ireland though. Once they found that out with me. They offered Zero help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Much obliged !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 HMS

brokenarms wrote: »
    you can install youtube on plex

Thanks - did some digging and now have YouTube working. Definitely my best bargain of 2013, so far at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Finally getting around to ordering this, it won't let me put in my PMID in the name field, where else can I put it? I was thinking in house name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Not meaning to be cheeky but I bought one of these when this thread began
    Didn't get around to taking it out of the box yet
    Is there any chance of putting a sticky together or is there a pointer to somewhere so as to see what it can be used for
    I hope to have a play with it in a week or so
    A summary basically

I have a jailbroken atv2 that's super
    I'm just wondering what this yoke can do

The thread is a bit on the large size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

android apk

Does anyone have the android apk or has anyone managed to download the android app, I have tried via a vpn, spoofing my build.prop and using market helper but no dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

For those who availed of the recent UK Groupon deal for NowTV can you please tell me if the Sky Sports Day Pass is linked to your account or can I give/ sell it to someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i missed the 6 month offer so just had to make do with the 30 day trial (which is up now). anyone know if there's any more trials or codes going to get any kind of a discount on this? £8.99 is a bit steep for what they have imho, particularly compared to netflix etc.

gtg60 wrote: »
    For those who availed of the recent UK Groupon deal for NowTV can you please tell me if the Sky Sports Day Pass is linked to your account or can I give/ sell it to someone else?

I don't think the codes are linked to accounts or emails. Assuming you received the code as NOW********** it should be redeemable against any account.

Worst that will happen is you'll be told the code is invalid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

fdevine wrote: »
    I don't think the codes are linked to accounts or emails. Assuming you received the code as NOW********** it should be redeemable against any account.

Worst that will happen is you'll be told the code is invalid

Yeah, I hope so, it'd only be wasted on me anyway.

gtg60 wrote: »
    Yeah, I hope so, it'd only be wasted on me anyway.

If you were getting rid of it I'd gladly take it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Did anyone try the 'Play To' app? That's pretty cool. Pretty much makes the NowTV Box a google chromecast for 10 Pounds. Well there is a free Play to app and one for E3.90 at least for Android.

However the quality streaming from my Galaxy S4 to Roku for youtube + a TV show doesn't look that great. Just wondering if anyone tried it and how the quality is for you?

That little Box just gets better and better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

rh5555 wrote: »
    Did anyone try the 'Play To' app? That's pretty cool. Pretty much makes the NowTV Box a google chromecast for 10 Pounds. Well there is a free Play to app and one for E3.90 at least for Android.

However the quality streaming from my Galaxy S4 to Roku for youtube + a TV show doesn't look that great. Just wondering if anyone tried it and how the quality is for you?

That little Box just gets better and better.

Tried the lite version, works well. Got the pro version "online" just to see if it was worth buying but it didn't seem to find my NowTV box, even when I put the IP in.

It did work though, on YouTube and VEVO. Hadn't tried any of the others though

Advertisement