Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    When you were adding the server what port did you use?

Didn't use any, as Windows 8 doesn't have the Media Centre, so I couldn't install it on my PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Didn't use any, as Windows 8 doesn't have the Media Centre, so I couldn't install it on my PC.

Ah i see, misread your post, I have it installed but the box is not seeing any server on my network.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

@WHL, See post No.130 - "You can just turn off auto update."

I saw that comment way back but couldn't figure out how to turn off the auto update. If I go into settings:software update on the TV screen it tells me that Now TV checks for updates once per day. It doesn't seem to offer a way to switch them off though

My second question was asked because I am a bit confused by VPN etc. I know from earlier posts that I cannot change DNS settings as I have an UPC Thomson router. Does this stop me from accessing BBC I player etc even if I get Unblock US

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

Hi guys,

Just a few questions, I've currently got a normal Roku but its setup for the US via unblock-us. Thinking of getting one of these for bbc etc.
    Can you get sky player using a sky account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Surely they do. The HDMI cable alone could be worth £9, the box is £35 (Roku LT) and the power cable could be worth anything?

No HDMI cable is worth €9.

• Advertisement

long_b wrote: »
    Estimates of about 47 USD for materials for a Roku 2 XS from 2011

http://electronics360.globalspec.com/article/2255/roku-2-xs-3100r-digital-media-adapter-teardown

Had no idea! would have thought it would be much less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

e-Mo0? wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just a few questions, I've currently got a normal Roku but its setup for the US via unblock-us. Thinking of getting one of these for bbc etc.
    Can you get sky player using a sky account?

Yeah, I have one for the US stuff and a NowTV one for the UK stuff.

No, Sky player is a completely different thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

No HDMI cable is worth €9

PC World seem to think so :rolleyes:

okidoki987 wrote: »
    PC World seem to think so :rolleyes:

More like they know people who are not too techy will just assume thats the price everywhere. Dealz do hdmi cables for €1.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

gtg60 wrote: »
    Yeah, I have one for the US stuff and a NowTV one for the UK stuff.

No, Sky player is a completely different thing.

Alright cheers, have it ordered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

have recently set up this box and on trawling through posts noted possibility of installing goto on the box, ive set it up on my phone but drawn a blank with nowtv-HELP ?!?!?!?!?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I see you can now buy the boxes in argos (in the UK) http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1386039.htm
    A little more expensive though as it comes with a day pass for sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Put the PLex on it a few days ago. For £10, with Plex that was a bargain. Just buy one everyone. Playto is also an excellent addition for videos on your phone straight onto Tv as if by magic!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Put the PLex on it a few days ago. For £10, with Plex that was a bargain. Just buy one everyone. Playto is also an excellent addition for videos on your phone straight onto Tv as if by magic!.

Haven't tried playto with it yet, i'm assuming it's as easy to use with the box as it is with everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Haven't tried playto with it yet, i'm assuming it's as easy to use with the box as it is with everything else.
    I got the paid version €3 odd on android and yea simple as hell to get going.on tablet and phones

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭tandcapply

FYI, for those of you who haven`t seen Plex 2.6.9 for NOWTV (Roku), it is out since last month:
    http://andysnook.eu/downloads/plexroku/Plex2.6.9-Roku.zip

Just go to developer mode, Delete the previous one and install this one.
    No major changes (for me) but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

My question is regarding shipping.

Order mine on Friday and was shipped on Monday but the tracking on Royal mail is been "It's on its way Item FJ.........GB arrived at National Distribution Centre on the 2013-10-21 and we are currently processing it." since them anyone else had the item on same status for that long, any other stuff I got posted by Roayal mail normally arrived next day or max 2nd day but looks like mine not moving :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

nava wrote: »
    My question is regarding shipping.

Order mine on Friday and was shipped on Monday but the tracking on Royal mail is been "It's on its way Item FJ.........GB arrived at National Distribution Centre on the 2013-10-21 and we are currently processing it." since them anyone else had the item on same status for that long, any other stuff I got posted by Roayal mail normally arrived next day or max 2nd day but looks like mine not moving :(

Mine's the same, don't know what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MacBoogerBalls

Probably been sent as 2nd class mail.
    Had a pair of trainers shipped on a Monday and not arrive in parcel motel NI till Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Standard wait time for the box from order is around a week.

• Advertisement

Just looking at possible apps that can be installed through dev-mode on the box.

Found this. Tutorial here

Anyone manage to get this working? I installed it but couldn't get it to find my laptop. Also it seems to have broken my playto app as that has all of a sudden stopped working.Converted files from avi to mp4 and they played fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Hi did anyone have problems with adding their card to their account. mine has been stuck on payment screen for the past 20 mins.

Edit : Never mind, logged in from my phone and got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Got a message from Parcel Motel last night, it's waiting for me at the pickup thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

Got mine today, fantastic value! Does anybody know if I can side load a Twonky channel in the same way Plex can be done. Have a WD Mybook live with twonky server and i'm trying to find a way to view the files on it. At the moment I'm using a tablet to browse the MBL and then the Playto app to send to the Now box. The original Roku's have a twonky channel but can't seem to find 1 for this.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I'm also interested in doing this, but was unable to find anything.

Tazz T wrote: »
    I'm also interested in doing this, but was unable to find anything.

Couldn't find anything Twonky related for it. What I ended up doing was sideloading the Plex app, putting Plex Server on an old computer, adding my NAS to a drive and then to Plex Server. It's a bit of a long way but now I have access to my NAS using the Now TV remote and a nice UI. The only disadvantage is having a computer running for the Plex server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LloydChristmas

Any ideas if there is any cheap deals going for the Movies or sports package at the moment?

I dont really want to sign up to the one-month free trail just yet...Unless there is some sort of offer going I think I will wait until Christmas to get use out of this???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

To start the trial do I need to enter credit card details or am I doing something wrong?

nava wrote: »
    To start the trial do I need to enter credit card details or am I doing something wrong?

Yep, it says the package will cost 8.99 but after you enter your details it says it's free trial.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Blue Crystal

£2.10 cashback on TCB when buying the Now Tv box

Advertisement