Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I went off and ordered one of these this morning. However, I am getting a bit worried, as due to the address formatting on the ordering website, the name 'Parcel Motel' was omitted from the delivery address.

Eg.
    StaticNoise,
    PMXXXX Mckinney Road
    NEWTOWNABBEY
    BT364PE

Everything else seems to be okay, apart from this omission. Did anyone else encounter this problem, and did they have problems in the end with the delivery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I went off and ordered one of these this morning. However, I am getting a bit worried, as due to the address formatting on the ordering website, the name 'Parcel Motel' was omitted from the delivery address.

Eg.

Everything else seems to be okay, apart from this omission. Did anyone else encounter this problem, and did they have problems in the end with the delivery?

Any postman with half a brain will know where its going. I'm sure you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Eg.

Same thing happened me, took about 3-4 weeks to get to me. Parcel Motel contacted me to see if I ordered anything, I said a Sky Now box and then it was in the motel the next day. You should contact Sky straight away just to get Parcel Motel added to the address, so you won't end up waiting like I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Eg.

Leaving off 'Parcel Motel' is no harm, lots of folks here do it deliberately. Even if you accidentally omitted your name, the PMID usually assures you will get it. The BT364PE covers the complete address too.

Thanks everyone for their replies!

The Tech Guy and styron, I prefer your answers to Davexirl's answer.

Surely you're kidding, or being tongue in cheek? That would be crazy to have that issue.

See, I can't contact NowTV as they don't provide the option when you place the order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Thanks everyone for their replies!

The Tech Guy and styron, I prefer your answers to Davexirl's answer.

Surely you're kidding, or being tongue in cheek? That would be crazy to have that issue.

See, I can't contact NowTV as they don't provide the option when you place the order.

You asked a question I answered, that's what happened me.

Hopefully you don't have the same issue.

Oh no, thanks for replying, and being honest.
    I appreciate it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

You'll be fine Static - average delivery time is around a week for the box anyway (2nd Class Parcel Post), so don't panic even if you haven't got it by next Tuesday.

Cheers all, thanks for your replies. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Hi Static,

Ordered mine on the Saturday was delivered to me by Nightline (Parcel Motel) the following Friday, would not panic you'll be fine

• Advertisement

Thanks, tallaghtfonia. :)

UPDATE:

I finally got to speak to a live chat agent (well, right now, actually), and she told me that the box has already been shipped.
    Apparently, the address omitted the 1a that was required for Parcel Motel.

This could be the first and only time that I have ever been upset that something was shipped and dispatched promptly!

They are offering that should it not arrive, they will refund me, or I can order a second one now. They said that they would put the money on my account as store credit. Not the best as its Geo-locked (in a sense), but I think I will have to hang on and hope. No tracking number received as of yet.

Thanks, tallaghtfonia. :)

UPDATE:

I finally got to speak to a live chat agent (well, right now, actually), and she told me that the box has already been shipped.
    Apparently, the address omitted the 1a that was required for Parcel Motel.

This could be the first and only time that I have ever been upset that something was shipped and dispatched promptly!

They are offering that should it not arrive, they will refund me, or I can order a second one now. They said that they would put the money on my account as store credit. Not the best as its Geo-locked (in a sense), but I think I will have to hang on and hope. No tracking number received as of yet.

I would still hang on, if you look back through the forum you will see that most if not all have received there box! Take your time its worth the wait!

Oh, I will hang on. With fingers and toes crossed. :)

Hooking up your laptop to a TV with HDMI, trying to read the formats from your various hard drives and files, and all the carry on of navigating a rubbish DNLA system on your Philips TV got to me. NowTV, please. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Anyone have issues with Plex? Since yesterday can't load any content although PMS is on.

Seems like many people are complaining about it.

soirish wrote: »
    Anyone have issues with Plex? Since yesterday can't load any content although PMS is on.

Seems like many people are complaining about it.

no issues. try re-installing the plex media server maybe. or failing that the client on the now tv box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

I had issues after the last update.

But it was because plex could not see AVI files when scanning.

Easy fix. I had to place the avi files in a separate folder via drag and drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Trojan00

LowOdour wrote: »
    Guys....i have received a 3month movies pass and 7 sports passes. My lg tv was suppose to have a nowtv app but its not the case.

I can use my laptop and stream it that way, but if i buy the nowtv box will i be able to use it to stream my media which is on a windows vista pc running serviio. works fine on existing dlna enabled tv's in the house as well as my raspberry pi. but could always do with another gadget!

I got a new LG TV recently and had the same trouble with Now TV. I had to reinitialise the settings to make it appear that I was in the UK. I can't remember exactly what I had to do now but its working like a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Trojan00 wrote: »
    I got a new LG TV recently and had the same trouble with Now TV. I had to reinitialise the settings to make it appear that I was in the UK. I can't remember exactly what I had to do now but its working like a charm.

Yeah, their support forum said that. plan to do it tomorrow. Do you have a nowtv box also? Do you use the same.pass on both tv and box?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

crasy dash wrote: »
    Ordered one of these cant log in to my tv account dont have sky id keeps asking me for one tried retrieve username etc, put in my email and it doesnt accept it only have one email so i am not putting it in wrong

any help would be great
    thanks lads
    Go to the NOW TV site & select the 30day free trial Sky movies option, after entering your details on the 1st signup page including username & password of your choice (write these down as you'll need them) then move to the 2nd page (payment details page) on the 2nd page you should notice at top right of screen it will say "logout" indicating it has already created an account for you so click CANCEL ;) & use the same userID & pw on the Now Tv box & bingo :D it brings to the home page & access to the preloaded apps, so in short just fill in the first page in the signup process & continue to the 2nd page but DON'T enter any details just hit cancel,

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

anyone else initialize their box with their Irish SKY ID ? Got one of these a few weeks back as it was just too cheap not to and pretty sure I just used my SKY ID to get it up and running and play with it (don't rightly recall but seems logical I would as I don't have a NOW TV id and no emails pertaining to one!). I was holding out to see if there was another decent movies offer before signing up for the free month but it doesn't look like it so will do that in the next few days to test this out. I am wondering now though if I set up a different ID to get the Free Month Offer (don't know about using my SKY ID to set up an actual NOW TV account) can I log into the movies section on the box using that new NOWTV ID or is this all linked to the box id i.e. my SKY ID ?

if anyone has done this already and has pointers I'd appreciate them before I plow ahead! would obviously like to avoid doing a hard reset and having to reconfigure everything.

tks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Got my NowTv box yesterday. Havent installed plex yet, but the access to movies packages (which i will have for 4 months for free) is pretty good. Loads of good old movies (Two mules for Sister Sara was a real throwback to my youth!).

Our TV is a 6 year old Bush led with a single HDMI port...unfortunately there is distortion on the sound. Had the same issue with raspberry pi so must be an issue with the TV.

Think I have a jack to RCA cable, anyone used on of these and what was the quality like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

LowOdour wrote: »
    Got my NowTv box yesterday. Havent installed plex yet, but the access to movies packages (which i will have for 4 months for free) is pretty good. Loads of good old movies (Two mules for Sister Sara was a real throwback to my youth!).

Our TV is a 6 year old Bush led with a single HDMI port...unfortunately there is distortion on the sound. Had the same issue with raspberry pi so must be an issue with the TV.

Think I have a jack to RCA cable, anyone used on of these and what was the quality like?
    Yeah some guys here used an RCA cable & had no problems, anyway buy a new TV FFS...............:D joking, the RCA output is the American NTSC standard but if the TV is multi standard it should be ok but you might still get a jittery frame rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

http://corporate.sky.com/investors/press_releases/2013/4od_launches_on_the_now_tv_box
    Owners of a NOW TV box can now get comprehensive access to the best of Channel 4 on demand through their box, to catch up on the latest Channel 4 shows, including Homeland, Agents of SHIELD and Made in Chelsea, as well as box sets from classic series such as Black Books, Father Ted and Peep Show all on their main TV set.

4oD is the latest terrestrial catch-up TV service to launch on the NOW TV Box, which already offers access to BBC iPlayer and Demand 5, adding over 3000-hours of content to the NOW TV box for customers to enjoy at no additional cost. With an Entertainment Month Pass customers can enjoy 10 of the UK’s best pay TV channels including Sky Atlantic, Fox, Discovery and Comedy Central live and on demand with TV Box Sets and Catch Up TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Brilliant! Great addition to the box

Just got this email from Nowtv :)

From today, the 4oD app is available for you to install onto your NOW TV box. You just need to go into the Roku channel store, to the New section and add the 4oD app to your homepage. Then you can watch the best of Channel 4 on demand.

Just got this email from Nowtv

From today, the 4oD app is available for you to install onto your NOW TV box. You just need to go into the Roku channel store, to the New section and add the 4oD app to your homepage. Then you can watch the best of Channel 4 on demand.

For some odd reason the app wont let me accept terms and conditions anyone have the same issue?

For some odd reason the app wont let me accept terms and conditions anyone have the same issue?

No, working fine here

Have it sorted now just rebooted the box

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Bit late to the game on this one. How are ppl getting free trials? Notice some mentioning a 4 mth trial. Does this come with the unit or do you need to be a Sky customer (I have Sky BB but not TV)? Thanks for any info on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

There's a €10 www.iwoot.com voucher free when you sign up for a NowTv month trial.
    Not 4 months, but better than a kick in the teeth!
    If there's a 4 months free offer I will bite and get one of these!

Voucher details : http://www.nowtv.com/promo/thehut?utm_source=ENW-_xmasgifthim21nov&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ENW-_xmasgifthim21nov&affil=thgemail

Advertisement