Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

I too am also looking for an offer code for a discounted subscription if anyone here knows of one. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

finnteme wrote: »
    Just got this email from Nowtv :)

From today, the 4oD app is available for you to install onto your NOW TV box. You just need to go into the Roku channel store, to the New section and add the 4oD app to your homepage. Then you can watch the best of Channel 4 on demand.

This is excellent. Installed and updated in 30 seconds. Watching Homeland a minute later in excellent quality. Spotted some excellent series I intend to watch over the next month.
    I suspect I will get more use out of the 4oD than all the rest put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

installed 4od and i can get the homepage but it says content unavailable when i select a programme? any advice welcomed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

damian139 wrote: »
    installed 4od and i can get the homepage but it says content unavailable when i select a programme? any advice welcomed!
    Not available outside uk, you need a vpn

Yayy it works, could enver get it to work on android. Now if only you could skip the ads.

sorry, should have mentioned- using u*******s, bbc player works fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭metroburgers

paddyp wrote: »
    Not available outside uk, you need a vpn

It is available outside UK, works fine for me!

@damian139 try deactivating your "u*******s"

Gracias, will do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

There's a €10 www.iwoot.com voucher free when you sign up for a NowTv month trial.
    Not 4 months, but better than a kick in the teeth!
    If there's a 4 months free offer I will bite and get one of these!

Voucher details : http://www.nowtv.com/promo/thehut?utm_source=ENW-_xmasgifthim21nov&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ENW-_xmasgifthim21nov&affil=thgemail

Just signed up for this, how so you claim the voucher? Got an email confirming the 30 day trial but no mention of the voucher yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Double C wrote: »
    Just signed up for this, how so you claim the voucher? Got an email confirming the 30 day trial but no mention of the voucher yet!

It says you have to have selected the Sky Movies pass on signup and that you'll receive the voucher within 14 days via email. It's in the T&C of that page I linked in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

finnteme wrote: »
    Just got this email from Nowtv :)

From today, the 4oD app is available for you to install onto your NOW TV box. You just need to go into the Roku channel store, to the New section and add the 4oD app to your homepage. Then you can watch the best of Channel 4 on demand.

Added this last night great addition

• Advertisement

what does this mean..? sent you a pm. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭metroburgers

glasso wrote: »
    what does this mean..? sent you a pm. thanks.

The 4oD app will work for anybody with a NowTV box in Ireland.

No vpn is needed.

Damian139 is using a vpn to watch the bbc iplayer, and this might be the reason 4oD isn't working for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

I watched a couple of 4oD programmes late last night and apart from the occasional very short pause they were of excellent quality. I did find both programs I watched reset to the beginning during the halfway mark ads though - had to fast forward to get to the second half.

the advice about vpn service appears to be on the nail-info on vpn website re 40d is "Disable any ad-blocking software or add-ons if there is no video. Not supported on Xbox 360 & Smart TV's"
    suggestions on a postcard??? :-)

damian139 wrote: »
    the advice about vpn service appears to be on the nail-info on vpn website re 40d is "Disable any ad-blocking software or add-ons if there is no video. Not supported on Xbox 360 & Smart TV's"
    suggestions on a postcard??? :-)

further research on un*****us website reveals that a subscriber from ireland has flagged the problem specific to nowtv

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

Can anyone give me a hand on where to put all the parcel motel info when buying the box, first time to use it....getting it for some easy access to movies for the family for the festive season and with 4od now it seems like a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Can anyone give me a hand on where to put all the parcel motel info when buying the box, first time to use it....getting it for some easy access to movies for the family for the festive season and with 4od now it seems like a bargain

In the first field, put your name, then a comma, then your PMID and fill out rest of the form with Parcel Motel address. pretty straight forward really unless im misunderstood your question

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

LowOdour wrote: »
    In the first field, put your name, then a comma, then your PMID and fill out rest of the form with Parcel Motel address. pretty straight forward really unless im misunderstood your question

Ya thanks I was just making sure I've never used. It before.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

4od keeps saying "content not available", works on laptops. anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Having same problem with 4oD. Want to watch the clampers from last night.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Larry_N

Gave in and just ordered one, handy having Sky movies for the xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Larry_N wrote: »
    Gave in and just ordered one, handy having Sky movies for the xmas.

Don't forget to cancel the 30 day trial at the end of Dec or they'll take a full sub for the 2nd & subsequent months, ;) unless you get hooked of course :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Larry_N

lensman wrote: »
    Don't forget to cancel the 30 day trial at the end of Dec or they'll take a full sub for the 2nd & subsequent months, ;) unless you get hooked of course :eek:

Thanks for the tip, it seems good value for Sky movies if I continue it, could be useful for a drink free January! €32 a month on UPC and about €11 from Now TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Hi all notice sky did not include there Sky Christmas channel on the channel line up on the roku box - they only have it on the sky/UPC package :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Hi all notice sky did not include there Sky Christmas channel on the channel line up on the roku box - they only have it on the sky/UPC package :-(

Would it just be that it hasn't been updated with the channel yet? I'm hoping it gets added it's a handy little addition over the Christmas.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Would it just be that it hasn't been updated with the channel yet? I'm hoping it gets added it's a handy little addition over the Christmas.

Think they would have added it by now, tryed re booting the box etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Think they would have added it by now, tryed re booting the box etc

Is it a new channel or did they rename an existing one. The Sky+ app on Android has it called Drama and Romance while the iOS app has it as Sky Christmas. The SkyGo app for both Android and iOS and the Sky TV box have it called Sky Christmas. They are all showing the same thing. Do you have the Drama and Romance channel showing Christmas movies?

Dudda wrote: »
    Is it a new channel or did they rename an existing one. The Sky+ app on Android has it called Drama and Romance while the iOS app has it as Sky Christmas. The SkyGo app for both Android and iOS and the Sky TV box have it called Sky Christmas. They are all showing the same thing. Do you have the Drama and Romance channel showing Christmas movies?

Checked all my channels and there are deffo no Christmas movies showing ? Might ask them on there live chat

Checked all my channels and there are deffo no Christmas movies showing ? Might ask them on there live chat

It just showed up :-) nice little addition for the Christmas happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

not sure if this has been mentioned but it seems that the Sky Store, which offers a library of 1,200 films to rent, is now available to non-Sky subscribers via Now TV set top boxes:D

Advertisement