Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Can you download apps to the box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Can you download apps to the box?

Limited choice from a Roku shop, not netflix and you can't put private channels on it afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Limited choice from a Roku shop, not netflix and you can't put private channels on it afaik.
    You can... just one at a time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Anyone else having problems with 4od?

It streams new shows flawlessly, yet when I go to watch archived stuff like Father Ted/Skins is freezes or goes back to the start halfway through the show instead of playing the next set of ads.
    Really annoying.

I thought it was to do with an unstable connection at first, but new shows definitely stream without any problems at all. Strange. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Can you put xbmx onto these boxes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Does sky go and Netflix work with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

3 month movie passes now £8 on ebay so €3.30 a month - cheap as chips. Costs me more that that to drive to xtravision.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOW-TV-Sky-Movies-3-Month-pass-worth-26-97-/161199281845?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3160

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

moodrater wrote: »
    3 month movie passes now £8 on ebay so €3.30 a month - cheap as chips. Costs me more that that to drive to xtravision.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOW-TV-Sky-Movies-3-Month-pass-worth-26-97-/161199281845?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3160

Thanks just ordered and got email within a few minutes.

Does anyone know if you can stack these as in, I`m currently still on a free 30 day trial until next month. Can I add the code today and it will add on the three months at the end of the current trial or do I need to wait until near when the trial is up to get the extra 3 months on top of the trial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Any see any vouchers for the entertainment side of it?

adox wrote: »
    Thanks just ordered and got email within a few minutes.

Does anyone know if you can stack these as in, I`m currently still on a free 30 day trial until next month. Can I add the code today and it will add on the three months at the end of the current trial or do I need to wait until near when the trial is up to get the extra 3 months on top of the trial?

I was told no, but that the codes are valid for 7 or 8 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I was told no, but that the codes are valid for 7 or 8 months.
    Just applied mine; looks like it stacked from my next renewal date (was only 5 days away anyway).

Just applied mine; looks like it stacked from my next renewal date (was only 5 days away anyway).

were you on a special offer or a voucher, I was on special offer and it stacked with that, but the ebay guy said the vouchers wouldn't stack. I'd love to know where they're getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

do you need to switch DNS to use the sky passes?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

were you on a special offer or a voucher, I was on special offer and it stacked with that, but the ebay guy said the vouchers wouldn't stack. I'd love to know where they're getting them.

Applied my eBay voucher tonight and it stacked ok. Has me covered til May 9th including my current trial so worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭concubar

hi,

just applied my purchased voucher, works fine:),

can I purchase another code and apply it when
    the current one expires in 3 months ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Just joined Now TV and got my months sky movies, how do I cancel so it doesnt charge the 9 quid, do I just cancel on the last day of my 30

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tommyhamill14

can I activate a now tv account in Ireland and can I pay in euro or sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

stuchyg wrote: »
    Just joined Now TV and got my months sky movies, how do I cancel so it doesnt charge the 9 quid, do I just cancel on the last day of my 30

I don't know if it's the same for the trial but I was paying per month which is renewing in a few days (February 1st), but I was able to cancel about 2 weeks before my next charge date and it let me continue using the box until that date. The trial could be different though.
    can I activate a now tv account in Ireland and can I pay in euro or sterling

Yes you can activate an account in Ireland no problem, I think it might charge your card the sterling amount which your bank will convert to euro for you. No entirely sure but the amount usually shows up in my account as euro with no sterling amount or conversion attached so can't be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

stuchyg wrote: »

you can cancel right up to the end of the 30 days....doesn't matter when u cancel, u still get the 30 days trial.

If you are willing to pay £6.99 a month (worked out €8.57) it will offer u this price for 3 months when you go to cancel. But seeing codes are available cheaper elsewhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah, my free 30 days was due to expire today so I cancelled last night.

Movie chocie wasn't bad but the thing costs more than netflix, had less movies, no TV shows (unless you want to pay a seperate susbscription and even then it seems to be only catch up i.e. no good if you missed the first few seasons of GoT or TWD) and, possibly the biggest issue, the lack of HD.

I made all these points in the questionaire when I cancelled though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I had to order a new box. my son lost the remote :(

I've stopped using the box, my wifi wasn't up to it. I'm using direct with a App on the TV. Works much better (for me).

noodler wrote: »
    Yeah, my free 30 days was due to expire today so I cancelled last night.

Movie chocie wasn't bad but the thing costs more than netflix, had less movies, no TV shows (unless you want to pay a seperate susbscription and even then it seems to be only catch up i.e. no good if you missed the first few seasons of GoT or TWD) and, possibly the biggest issue, the lack of HD.

I made all these points in the questionaire when I cancelled though

HD is an issue alright if you have the connection to support it. Nowtv is just over €3 per month with ebay vouchers for movies, I find netflix is mostly american dross, nowtv has more box office hits. Don't think anyone bar HBO is streaming GoT? In the time if would take me to watch a series I think it would be cheaper to just buy the box set.

I had to order a new box. my son lost the remote :(

You can control it with android, iphone apps or in fact lots of devices like a kindle touch via http://remoku.tv/

Very few movies I want to to see on Netflix. NowTV Movie has much newer movies and they are very decent in 720p. If its something outstanding I'll wait for the BluRay. I thought from what I read that GoT was coming to NowTV. No sign of it yet. When did it air?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭bren2001

beauf wrote: »
    Very few movies I want to to see on Netflix. NowTV Movie has much newer movies and they are very decent in 720p. If its something outstanding I'll wait for the BluRay. I thought from what I read that GoT was coming to NowTV. No sign of it yet. When did it air?

It aired last April. NowTV only gets short licenses for the boxsets to these shows. It was the reason I stopped using it. Can't watch a show over time.

GoT will be on the catch up service after it airs on Sky Atlantic this April.

does anyone know of a way to stream websites to the now tv box. I tried playto lite but it only lets you use certain sources.... I want to stream flash video content to the box. any help appreciated. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

HD is an issue alright if you have the connection to support it. Nowtv is just over €3 per month with ebay vouchers for movies, I find netflix is mostly american dross, nowtv has more box office hits. Don't think anyone bar HBO is streaming GoT? In the time if would take me to watch a series I think it would be cheaper to just buy the box set.
    beauf wrote: »

I have to say, just on this point, I gorged somewhat on the NOWTV movies during my trial on so-called blockbusters or movies I thought I wanted to see. Very few of them lived up to expectations, Argo and Lincoln were two that stood out.

Basically, box office and blockbuster just seems to matter a hell of a lot less to me these days. Just because I think I want to see a movie, or because I have heard of it rarely translate into 'great movie'.

This sounds like a Netflix defender portraying a negative of the service as a positive but there is far more variation.

noodler wrote: »
    ...This sounds like a Netflix defender portraying a negative of the service as a positive but there is far more variation.

If Netflix had a lot of great old movies, I might agree with you. But it doesn't. Lots of old movies, but not that many good ones.

I'd say once you've had NowTV a month or so, (depending how often you watch a movie) you probably exhausted it. You might want to subscribe every 6 months for a month or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Just setting this up, can anyone recommend some of the apps?

Advertisement