Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

do you need to firstly have a now tv film month pass or can I just register for sport

You can just pick whichever pass you want. I currently have an account at the moment with no active pass but I can buy a new one whenever I want.

When setting up an account you can just cancel when it gets to the payment details page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Hello all, installed plex server on laptop and plex app on nowtv. Installed a variety of unsupported apps and they work fine, some of the time. For no apparent reason channels and library just disappear , and when I check network signal on nowtv its "excellent". I'd really love this to work, and am thinking the laptops wireless ability may be faulty. Any suggestions welcomed! Only set up monday when new broadband installed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

damian139 wrote: »
    Hello all, installed plex server on laptop and plex app on nowtv. Installed a variety of unsupported apps and they work fine, some of the time. For no apparent reason channels and library just disappear , and when I check network signal on nowtv its "excellent". I'd really love this to work, and am thinking the laptops wireless ability may be faulty. Any suggestions welcomed! Only set up monday when new broadband installed...

Try going into Plex setting/channels (on your computer) then click disable capability checking and reboot the box and see if they show up.

On another note can anyone tell me why while streaming a channel it will work without any problems for the first 15/20 minutes of a show and then stop and not work again? This happens with channels i've put on plex and not the TV now channels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

south wrote: »
    Try going into Plex setting/channels (on your computer) then click disable capability checking and reboot the box and see if they show up.

On another note can anyone tell me why while streaming a channel it will work without any problems for the first 15/20 minutes of a show and then stop and not work again? This happens with channels i've put on plex and not the TV now channels

yeah i had already done that-they do show up, just not all the time-thanks for the suggestion though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Im looking for a cheap movies pass.
    Has anyone seen any ?
    When I go to cancel its offering me it at 6.99. It was only 4.99 last week :(

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

moodrater wrote: »
    Sideload plex if you have another computer to run as a server. Otherwise sideload myvidebuzz. Then setup unotelly to use iplayer, 4od, 5ondemand thats used most in our house. 4od works without unotelly but a few programs won't be available. I ocasionally look at vimeo and use spotify.

I only watch 2-4 movies a month and struggled to find something to watch on netflix I hadn't already seen, now tv has a load of crap but generally theres a couple of decent movies a month. There are loads of family movies for watching with the kids I think that is their strength. The only thing our kids miss about netflix is the youngest misses caillou :eek:

Unotelly is the best way to get the player working, they have specific settings for now tv. I linked earlier how to get it for free.

Moodrater , thanks for your info on Unotelly - working perfectly for me, ollie

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭domcq

iisollie wrote: »
    Moodrater , thanks for your info on Unotelly - working perfectly for me, ollie

I'm using UnblockUS and can successfully access the BBC iPlayer but not 4OD. I tried Unotelly on trial recently but still couldn't get 4OD.

I have Plex installed and working also. Will myvideobuzz help me get 40D with Unotelly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

domcq wrote: »
    I'm using UnblockUS and can successfully access the BBC iPlayer but not 4OD. I tried Unotelly on trial recently but still couldn't get 4OD.

I have Plex installed and working also. Will myvideobuzz help me get 40D with Unotelly?

Are you trying to use 4od through plex or onthe now tv box itself. 4OD works without any special dns so there something wrong with your setup probably your router / ISP.

Myvideobuzz is only for youtube. If you're getting use out of plex then stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

I ordered one last night and should have it Tuesday.. Just used online UK address, parcel can be collected in Waterford ;-)

BBC iplayer etc will work fine, as I use overplay on my home router..piece of cake to change DNS.

Well let you know my thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

is there any way of getting this to play online sports or movie streams either directly or through a pc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

is there any way of getting this to play online sports or movie streams either directly or through a pc

plex

plex

For the uninitiated tell me how you can play a sports stream through plex.... have plex installed but haven't been able to do it. pm if not allowed... would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

glasso wrote: »
    For the uninitiated tell me how you can play a sports stream through plex.... have plex installed but haven't been able to do it. pm if not allowed... would be appreciated.

I don't think you can, unless there's a third party plugin that allows it the only way would be to have a file stored locally to stream it. I think the above poster might have misunderstood the question, not 100% though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Have been using Plex for local media streaming and it's good but installed PlayTo last night and loving it so far.
    I can now get all the BBC and UK Freeview channels on the box via Filmon.
    PlayTo also seems very good at playing files from a shared drive I have connected to my Vodafone router.

Have been using Plex for local media streaming and it's good but installed PlayTo last night and loving it so far.
    I can now get all the BBC and UK Freeview channels on the box via Filmon.
    PlayTo also seems very good at playing files from a shared drive I have connected to my Vodafone router.

Is that play to lite or full version?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

Its very straightforward just sign up for the free trial, http://www.unotelly.com/unodns/signup

do i need to check anything in the dynamo settings when signing up? or just take defaults?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Is the entertainment pass a viable alternative for sky's entertainment package.
    Was thinking of getting a fta box with entertainment and movies passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

glasso wrote: »
    Is that play to lite or full version?

Full version. Paid 3 something for it but we'll worth it as I now have a decent amount of channels in the bedroom where the Now TV box is set up. Prior to that I would have to annoy everyone with the stuff I wanted on the main TV.
    Love the way you can fling stuff from the phone to your TV. Seems like more stuff available in the app too but just getting the UK channels is well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

For nowtv you can't change the dns on the box so you need to change the dns servers on your router.
    I use Ireland server for primary: 54.247.108.9
    and uk / germany for secondary: 176.58.107.53 / 46.165.219.110

Router setup instructions here:
    http://quickstart3.unotelly.com/#setup

Can someone tell me how to change the dns on the Eircom ZyXEL F1000 router?

When I login as admin and under Network Setting>Home Networking there's DNS Server 1 and DNS Server 2 but I can't edit these? Is this the right place to pop in the primary and secondary dns?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

When I login as admin and under Network Setting>Home Networking there's DNS Server 1 and DNS Server 2 but I can't edit these? Is this the right place to pop in the primary and secondary dns?

Thanks.

This help?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87844104&postcount=167

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Now TV released a new beta app for tablets etc last week.

The play store tells me can't install it to my device in my country.

Anyone know a way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

noodler wrote: »
    Now TV released a new beta app for tablets etc last week.

The play store tells me can't install it to my device in my country.

Anyone know a way around this?

You could get the Apk from somewhere.

Or

Use a VPN to access the UK Store.

I have a second account set-up for installing US and UK apps as using VPN alone does not work, as my CC is associated with my primary account.

Tunnelbear is a free VPN which gives you a small amount of free usage per month.

In my case

I start my UK VPN on my phone
    Open the Play store.
    Switch to my secondary account in the Store.
    The apps now show as £, and i install the UK restricted app

Thanks.

From memory there are radio buttons above the fields that say 'from isp', 'static' and something else, you need to select static to enable the dns fields.

moonboy52 wrote: »
    You could get the Apk from somewhere.

Or

Use a VPN to access the UK Store.

I have a second account set-up for installing US and UK apps as using VPN alone does not work, as my CC is associated with my primary account.

Tunnelbear is a free VPN which gives you a small amount of free usage per month.

In my case

I start my UK VPN on my phone
    Open the Play store.
    Switch to my secondary account in the Store.
    The apps now show as £, and i install the UK restricted app

I used to do this but google have started disabling my secondary accounts citing breach of terms. Could you post a copy on the xda app thread? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2392504

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Just seen this on Hot uk Deals

Free NOW TV Sky Sports Day Pass to watch the Capital One Cup Final

Think you will have to copy and paste , best I can do on my phone as not at home.

Full version. Paid 3 something for it but we'll worth it as I now have a decent amount of channels in the bedroom where the Now TV box is set up. Prior to that I would have to annoy everyone with the stuff I wanted on the main TV.
    Love the way you can fling stuff from the phone to your TV. Seems like more stuff available in the app too but just getting the UK channels is well worth it.

anywhere that you can see what content is available on the full version of play to before buying it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I just did it and got a code.

I already have a pass unactivated on my account though so doesn't seem like I can stack them.

Will have to wait until I use my exisitng one before applying the current one I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Any links to the HUKD thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I used to do this but google have started disabling my secondary accounts citing breach of terms. Could you post a copy on the xda app thread? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2392504

I am just reading the thread now moodrater. My 10" is rooted (i believe you have to be rooted to back up apk's) and i will put the apk on the thread for you.

Edit: Someone else on the thread has posted the NowTV apk moodrater. I am not sure if i should post it or not?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=50069325&highlight=nowtv#post50069325

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Any links to the HUKD thread?

Copy and paste

Free NOW TV Sky Sports Day Pass to watch the Capital One Cup Final

The first one on the list will take you to the HUKD post.

Advertisement