Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭bren2001

Any links to the HUKD thread?

http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/free-now-tv-sky-sports-day-pass-watch-capital-one-cup-final-1824021

first 25,000 people. Expires 02/03/2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Any links to the HUKD thread?

Edit: Bren posted the link at the same time :)

bren2001 wrote: »

can you use this pass anytime (before expiration date) you want I wonder, not just on the date of the capital one final?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭bren2001

glasso wrote: »
    can you use this pass anytime (before expiration date) you want I wonder, not just on the date of the capital one final?

Based on the comments on the HUKD thread. Looks like it is valid for any day.

moodrater wrote: »

how do you find these private listings on ebay like the one linked above...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

How do you apply the code within the NOWtv site ?I cant find where to put it.

I'm just brought to a place where I can buy NOWtv even though I already have it and am signed into my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

How do you apply the code within the NOWtv site ?I cant find where to put it.

I'm just brought to a place where I can buy NOWtv even though I already have it and am signed into my account.

On the NOW TV site go to the sports section, click on buy sports pass and enter voucher code. Then on your now tv box when you go to watch a sports channel it will confirm if you want to activate the pass that you just applied to your account. The 24 hours countdown will then begin.

Daniel112 wrote: »
    On the NOW TV site go to the sports section, click on buy sports pass and enter voucher code. Then on your now tv box when you go to watch a sports channel it will confirm if you want to activate the pass that you just applied to your account. The 24 hours countdown will then begin.

Worked perfectly,thank you very much.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tommyhamill14

Could anyone provide a link for where to buy a number now tv sports passes on ebay. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

Could anyone provide a link for where to buy a number now tv sports passes on ebay. Thanks

www.ebay.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I don't seem to be able to get the free trial. This is my second box and I signed up for the original £2.50 a month offer. I gave that box to my son and he is able to use it in his apartment. I signed up under a different user name but it keeps asking for £8.99.

Edit;
    Scrap that, managed in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

From memory there are radio buttons above the fields that say 'from isp', 'static' and something else, you need to select static to enable the dns fields.

thanks. working now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Has anyone been using the Plex Unsupported App Store?

I messed around with it last night but need more time to get it working. Even if it just updates my Trakt listings I will be happy as that way I can have it scrobble what I have and havn't watched between other media players I have around the house

I messed around with it last night but need more time to get it working. Even if it just updates my Trakt listings I will be happy as that way I can have it scrobble what I have and havn't watched between other media players I have around the house

had a look at this but couldn't get anything much useful out of it - found anything useful on it? tried Navi but none of the streams loaded...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

I bought one of these last week and have set up plex on it. It's not great.

Am I missing something? You can't change the DNS on the actual box can you? You have to change it on your router?

I am primarily looking for Netflix and maybe xbmc or something.

Is there anything else I can do to this box!?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

what post code do you enter on the facbook page?

glasso wrote: »
    had a look at this but couldn't get anything much useful out of it - found anything useful on it? tried Navi but none of the streams loaded...

I had some streams working last night and 1Channel also. I will look at it again over the next few days and see if its any good. I still find the PlayTo app great as now I have UK channels on the TV and can stream local media as well all by controlling it via my smart phone

4real wrote: »
    what post code do you enter on the facbook page?

The parcel motel one, or any uk post code.

I had some streams working last night and 1Channel also. I will look at it again over the next few days and see if its any good. I still find the PlayTo app great as now I have UK channels on the TV and can stream local media as well all by controlling it via my smart phone

Where did you get 1channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 VanZandt

Anyone else having problems with the 4od app?

its been working fine for first 20 mins then it stutters and won't play again without completely closing and re/opening the app...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

Anyone else having problems with the 4od app?

its been working fine for first 20 mins then it stutters and won't play again without completely closing and re/opening the app...

Typical 4od . Its not great not matter what device you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 VanZandt

Typical 4od . Its not great not matter what device you use.

yeah its not great at all... there is a lot of content on 4od so its a shame.

works pretty good on the laptop - now box seems a waste of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

yeah its not great at all... there is a lot of content on 4od so its a shame.

works pretty good on the laptop - now box seems a waste of time

No problem here via unodns. It always bombs out of the telly and Android at the ad breaks. Maybe trying to do some regional targettiing. Now TV box gets more use than anything else here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Must say the playto app is fantastic with this box :)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

what does the playto app do?

On another note is there any problem using box in someone else's house with my own nowtv login but their wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭little foot

How do you get English channels on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

4OD works perfect for me. Most used app on it along with Plex.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

No problem here via unodns. It always bombs out of the telly and Android at the ad breaks. Maybe trying to do some regional targettiing. Now TV box gets more use than anything else here.

+1, it's the best purchased I've made in a while as we use it upstairs more than we use the living room LG 2013 Smart telly.

4od, bbc news, Playto, TuneIn & Plex are the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

How do you get English channels on it?

Filmon tv

• Advertisement

Where did you get 1channel?

see here

Also must say the PlayTo app is great
    I can stream local content from other PCs on the network or from my NAS. It also has the FilmOn app built in to it so I can now watch UK TV (BBC, ITV etc etc) on the Now TV Box

Advertisement