Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

What makes you think Film on Is available on NOT TV!

I did some searches and I don't see it mentioned!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

IsaBrown wrote: »
    I cannot find it, I've looked in the Roku channel store and the sky store but cannot see it.

PlayTo Roku Channel needs to be installed
    http://www.roku.com/channels/#!details/17846/playto

Then I installed PlayTo Android App (Paid version)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dayglows.vivid.lite&hl=en

From the Android app I can fire up either local media from DLNA servers / PCs or I can go to Online Media and in there you will find TV and FilmOn.

I now have all the Freeview UK channels on my TV via this app :)

Have a look here for more information
    http://www.playto.tv/

Its a little confusing as the term Play To is also used in WMP but this is a totally standalone app really

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

Yes I can do the same, but I think the poster thought that the Film On app was on the NOW TV box, or the Roku store.

Little confusion, me thinks.

Yes I can do the same, but I think the poster thought that the Film On app was on the NOW TV box, or the Roku store.

Little confusion, me thinks.

There is no dedicated app on the Roku channel list but it is available via this process

Install the app on both Now TV box and your Android and you can then get FilmOn to play on the Now TV Box

I even have recorded stuff on the FilmOn PC app and can watch it back on the Now TV Box later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Can someone who has this let me know if there's a WWE channel in the channel list?

It's on regular Roku devices in the Roku store

• Registered Users Posts: 15 FanMahBrow

What makes you think Film on Is available on NOW TV!

I did some searches and I don't see it mentioned!

You need to use Plex on a server PC and install the Filmon plugin there.
    Rarflix is the best Plex client to sideload on the roku
    https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/79897-rarflix-modified-roku-channel/

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

FilmOn is on the PlayTo app on Android, you can play FilmOn there to your Now TV box.

I am also able to play video from my iMac to the Now TV box using PlayTo on my Android phone, works really well, can play .MKV files without an issue.... If you have a DLNA server on your PC/Mac the PlayTo app picks up the DLNA server on your phone and will stream it to your Now TV box without issue.

FanMahBrow wrote: »

Can only 1 sideloaded app be installed on the box at any time?
    What would Rarflix do that the Plex app won't? Hard to find much info on Rarflix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I've got two of these NowTV boxes if anyone is interested. Bought them but now not needed.

Both brand new, sealed in box with receipt. PM me if interested.
    EDIT - sold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Is there anyway of getting this box to work (with or without plex) without signing up for one of their packages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Superfin wrote: »
    Is there anyway of getting this box to work (with or without plex) without signing up for one of their packages?

Post 1: "To use the box you will need a Now TV account (which is free) and this will give access to non-subscription apps such as iPlayer & 5OD. The free services will work even if you dont have a subscription or if you subscription has lapsed."

moodrater wrote: »
    Post 1: "To use the box you will need a Now TV account (which is free) and this will give access to non-subscription apps such as iPlayer & 5OD. The free services will work even if you dont have a subscription or if you subscription has lapsed."

I may be wrong but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. A lot of the guides out there tell you create an account and go right through to to credit card payment screen but just close the browser before putting in your personal details, but everytime I do this and sync up on the nowtv box it tells there is a problem with my account

I may be wrong but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. A lot of the guides out there tell you create an account and go right through to to credit card payment screen but just close the browser before putting in your personal details, but everytime I do this and sync up on the nowtv box it tells there is a problem with my account

Try using test card numbers, they're unlikly to make a test transaction until you aculally try to order something.

Try using test card numbers, they're unlikly to make a test transaction until you aculally try to order something.

Nah, they've put validation in to check if its a valid cc number and even when I put my proper one in with different expiry date and cv number the error message "payment not authorised" comes up.

Shaggers

FanMahBrow wrote: »

someone else already asked but I'll go anyway - are there any advantages of installing rarflix over plex on the now tv box?

glasso wrote: »
    someone else already asked but I'll go anyway - are there any advantages of installing rarflix over plex on the now tv box?

Fitter, happier, more productive its does everything better and faster main extra features of the top of my head for me are grid, rotten tomatoes and trailers integration, user profiles.

Costs nothing to install just try it out.

Fitter, happier, more productive its does everything better and faster main extra features of the top of my head for me are grid, rotten tomatoes and trailers integration, user profiles.

Costs nothing to install just try it out.

Is it still working from my Plex server? Has it got all the extra channels etc too?
    I don't want to go uninstalling Plex on the Now TV box unless Rarflix offers more. I presume only one or the other can be installed on the box

Just bough an entertainment pass for £4.99 with £11 cashback tracking on quidco :D

http://www.quidco.com/now-tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Just bough an entertainment pass for £4.99 with £11 cashback tracking on quidco :D

http://www.quidco.com/now-tv/

Did you use an irish address when setting up your account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭ando

You need to enter legitimate card details while signing up for the 30 day trial. You'll then have a NowTV user account thats valid. You just need to quit the trial before the end of the 30 days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

soundsham wrote: »
    If I have one of these and bring it to Spain
    Would it be possible to buy a day pass for sports to use when there ?

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

looking for a bit of help here.
    Installed the media server and browser the latest ones onto the nowtv box- and server on the laptop.
    dont have a fire wall blocking it
    when i go to connect the browser to the nowtv box by putting in the remote access details - say 49.7.162.8/8096/mediabroswer it wont connect. tried rebooting the laptop. rebooting the nowtv box. checking the net settings are right. just still comes up that the server or browser is not available.

anyone know how i can solve this :(
    please

daytob wrote: »
    looking for a bit of help here.
    Installed the media server and browser the latest ones onto the nowtv box- and server on the laptop.
    dont have a fire wall blocking it
    when i go to connect the browser to the nowtv box by putting in the remote access details - say 49.7.162.8/8096/mediabroswer it wont connect. tried rebooting the laptop. rebooting the nowtv box. checking the net settings are right. just still comes up that the server or browser is not available.

anyone know how i can solve this :(
    please

try the plex forums on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭CurlyEng

After your IP address should be colon?
    1.2.3.3:port/dir

Also your directory mediabrowser misspelt

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

can two of these be used on the one account? Thinking of getting another one for the bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

adox wrote: »
    can two of these be used on the one account? Thinking of getting another one for the bedroom.

Yeah I have two using the same account, I think your allowed to have up to 4 devices connected to the one account. And you watch stuff on two devices at the one time. So should be grand either way.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Yeah I have two using the same account, I think your allowed to have up to 4 devices connected to the one account. And you watch stuff on two devices at the one time. So should be grand either way.

I wonder if there is any limits if you dont use the Sky services on the box.

For example...I just use it to watch 4OD and Plex and PlayTo and I dont use any Sky stuff but I wonder if I were to sign out of the box with my account would all that stuff still work therefore I would essentially have a box to use as a Plex/PlayTo client with the few addded extras such as 4OD etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Conar

I wonder if there is any limits if you dont use the Sky services on the box.

For example...I just use it to watch 4OD and Plex and PlayTo and I dont use any Sky stuff but I wonder if I were to sign out of the box with my account would all that stuff still work therefore I would essentially have a box to use as a Plex/PlayTo client with the few addded extras such as 4OD etc

It's fine. I never logged into Sky and use it like that

Advertisement