Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Conar wrote: »
    It's fine. I never logged into Sky and use it like that

In that case I may buy a few more to have around the house as they are the cheapest Plex client by far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I wonder if there is any limits if you dont use the Sky services on the box.

For example...I just use it to watch 4OD and Plex and PlayTo and I dont use any Sky stuff but I wonder if I were to sign out of the box with my account would all that stuff still work therefore I would essentially have a box to use as a Plex/PlayTo client with the few addded extras such as 4OD etc

If you login to your NowTV account through a browser you can manage and remove devices associated with your account too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

So ordered a second box but it's not working. Get to the login screen, enter my details and the box freezes and then reboots. Getting a replacement sent out by the looks of it.

Also seem to be having problems now in general. My iOS app has stopped working, not showing any content when loaded and now the movies don't work on my first box tv box.
    I go to enter in to the movies section and it tells me my software is out of date and to visit the Roku channel store to update it. Try to enter the Roku store and it gets stuck. Everything else working ok on it, 4OD, Plex etc.

Anyone else having issues? Strange that all have stopped working for Sky content at once. Maybe something Sky did?

I only have the movies pass as I got a cheap one on eBay but vacant even use that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ok ignore last post. Had a DNS issue on my router that was causing all the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

In that case I may buy a few more to have around the house as they are the cheapest Plex client by far

I bought 5 in total, have them at family and friends houses, I'm a direct cometition to netflix in my inner circle.
    All for the price of one Roku LT box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 causeimhappy

Hello

I am going to cancel sky (basic package) as I need to get internet into the house for work. I was looking to see what options for TV I had and came across this. So for someone who hasn't a clue about this or other media players how do I set it up? I have it ordered and if I don;t get it working its no big loss, but looks like its great as it has my three fav sky channels. I am getting UPC into the house on Friday. so can anyone guide me on how this works in Ireland? Personal message is ok if details can't be posted here.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

If you go to the very first post in this thread you will find all the information you need there.

Thanks,

I am a lil confused on the UPC broadband and needing a second router - is this correct? I would just like to get it set up asap and if it works get a few more for friends and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Thanks,

I am a lil confused on the UPC broadband and needing a second router - is this correct? I would just like to get it set up asap and if it works get a few more for friends and family.

No need for a second router, once you have a router that has WIFI is enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

nava wrote: »
    No need for a second router, once you have a router that has WIFI is enough.

He probably means for settings DNS for iplayer, etc. you'd need another router or it may be pssible if your tech savvy to change the dns by html injection similareto this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056758726

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

moodrater wrote: »
    He probably means for settings DNS for iplayer, etc. you'd need another router or it may be pssible if your tech savvy to change the dns by html injection similareto this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056758726

Ok, in my case I changed the DNS on the UPC router, the model in my case iss a 7200, but maybe some people would prefer to use a 2nd router to run the DNS to use BBC Iplayers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hoe can I stop auto renewal of the movies subscriptions.?
    I bought vouchers from eBay and found that now are auto renewing beyond the life of the voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Hoe can I stop auto renewal of the movies subscriptions.?
    I bought vouchers from eBay and found that now are auto renewing beyond the life of the voucher.

Been through that myself 3 live chat sessions and a couple of emails got refunded in the end. They're banking of people not noticing or complaining I reckon. They weren't banking on tight irish feckers.
    nava wrote: »
    Ok, in my case I changed the DNS on the UPC router, the model in my case iss a 7200, but maybe some people would prefer to use a 2nd router to run the DNS to use BBC Iplayers

Fair enough the last round of cisco ones were locked down

• Registered Users Posts: 23 radve

Hi everyone.

I just received the box but it hangs after I enter my username and password. (If I give wrong details it says they are wrong.) I also activated my account in now tv web page.

I am using UPC and I have Cisco EPC3925 router but I tried to connect using my phones 3g and it didn't work. I cannot see my now tv box on my account as active device.

Any ideas?

NVM: I made a new account and used UK as country and zip code and it worked.

Got the box and it works! Why didn't I look into this when I first heard about it.

Downside I needed to sign up for Movies and nothing great on it, I was looking for entertainment - but will cancel sky and get that.

Wondering how to change DSN so I can use the BBC etc player, not that I am really interested in the channel but its good to have it set up and not try looking at it again.

Any other tips anyone can give so I get the best out of this?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone with a Sky Now box want to try this? Thinking of getting one if this works...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Anyone with a Sky Now box want to try this? Thinking of getting one if this works...

About half the posts in this thread explain that Plex works on the Now tv box, and explains how you install it.

About half the posts in this thread explain that Plex works on the Now tv box, and explains how you install it.

Thanks for your generous input. Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Thanks for your generous input. Appreciate it.

In fairness its been said and explained to death. Don't be so lazy.

In fairness its been said and explained to death. Don't be so lazy.

alrighty_then_by_dinochickrox-d5xmdoa.jpg

• Advertisement

It may have been asked but can sky movies still be got when plex is installed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

It may have been asked but can sky movies still be got when plex is installed

Yep. Totally separate and independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Luco Zademann

It's probably been asked but no way in hell I'm reading 84 pages to find out, lol. What happens after you cancel your free 1 month Sky Movies subscription (which we will be doing soon), does the box still function for 4OD, Sky News and all the other stuff? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

It's probably been asked but no way in hell I'm reading 84 pages to find out, lol. What happens after you cancel your free 1 month Sky Movies subscription (which we will be doing soon), does the box still function for 4OD, Sky News and all the other stuff? Thanks.

Yes, they're all seperate apps and don't effect one another. I've currently no subscription and can use all apps except for the NowTV one obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Has anyone seen any movie pass deals lately?

dogtoffee wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any movie pass deals lately?

I bought 3 months through Ebay for £15.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Luco Zademann

DubDJ wrote: »
    Yes, they're all seperate apps and don't effect one another. I've currently no subscription and can use all apps except for the NowTV one obviously.

Handy to know, we'd reckoned it would still work for some things but weren't 100% sure. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

I bought 3 months through Ebay for £15.

Thanks I'll have a look now

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Anyone order one lately? I ordered on last Tuesday and no dispatch email yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Anyone order one lately? I ordered on last Tuesday and no dispatch email yet.

Advertisement