Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,655 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I have been paying sub for the movies since January and was just about to cancel today and found the posted codes - thanks for that WizWeb and IrishStuff. Only the AFFMOVJLP10 code worked - I may have to wait till the end of the month to try the others as long as they haven't expired.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

How much is the movie pass for a month normally without special offers or discount codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Haha! Found a way to get an extra month free on top of that, so two extra months for free.

Use the code "AFFMOVJLP10" then use "AFFMOVJLP20".

Got that by changing the number :pac:

EDIT: And another :P Although I couldn't add this one, it is valid. AFFMOVMS10
    first two worked fine, but 3rd one complaining about vouchers already added, so i'll throw it on after the others are done with and see how that goes.

Anyone had any codes for the Entertainment package?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

How much is the movie pass for a month normally without special offers or discount codes?

All the answers to your many questions are on either http://www.nowtv.com/, this thread or worst case scenario through a search engine like Google.

I'll answer this one. £8.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,952 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

vibe666 wrote: »
    first two worked fine, but 3rd one complaining about vouchers already added, so i'll throw it on after the others are done with and see how that goes.

Anyone had any codes for the Entertainment package?

So you got two months from applying two codes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Thanks for the vouchers guy. Now good to go until June 13.

Did 1 voucher yesterday and another today. No problems at all.

Just ordered a box so I'll be getting that in 5 days. After I signed up it said, register now to start your 30 day free movie pass. I didn't register because I don't want to waste 5 days of the offer, but it appears now that I should have registered, because there is no option for me now to create an account

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just ordered a box so I'll be getting that in 5 days. After I signed up it said, register now to start your 30 day free movie pass. I didn't register because I don't want to waste 5 days of the offer, but it appears now that I should have registered, because there is no option for me now to create an account

http://www.nowtv.com/movies

Start 30 day trial is there...

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Yeah, two codes work. Although the 3rd one is valid, you've to wait until the end of the month to use it I think.
    zYM5YOu.png

So you got two months from applying two codes?
    yep, worked fine, got email confirmation and shows as free movies until June 13th in my account page. :)

Only been using it for plex and free apps like 4od for the last few months, but just checked it and movies are working perfectly fine now for free with the voucher codes, so can't say fairer than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,952 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thanks a million to you all, I managed to apply the second code. Delighted with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Any update from SKY as to if and when it will be legit to use in Ireland?

Also is everyone using a VPN as a workaround or is there any other workable solution?

Thanks from a non techie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Also is everyone using a VPN as a workaround or is there any other workable solution?

Thanks from a non techie

No need for vpn

Thanks from a non techie
    the only thing that doesn't work is the bbc iplayer and anything else that is region locked by ip address, but there's guides on how to change the dns on your router to get around that too if you really want it.

tbh, the biggest reason to have one in ireland is the ability to stream video from a plex server. anything else is just the icing on the cake. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

On my main TV I switched it to UK and it found a UK NowTV app. I use that and stuck the box on a second TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

Any chance I can get free sky sports on this?

rwg wrote: »
    Any chance I can get free sky sports on this?

No chance :) you need to buy a day pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

lads anyone know where I can get more day passes for Sky Sports on the cheap?

It seems they're no longer available for sale on ebay. Guessing Sky put a halt to that! :(

blue-army wrote: »

It seems they're no longer available for sale on ebay. Guessing Sky put a halt to that! :(

where are the previous ones - can they still be used?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

i have one i can sell it if you want, if thats allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭CurlyEng

Anyone know how this compares to a raspberry pi running xbmc (which I use to at media off a NAS currently). How does plex compare / is the streaming worth it?

In case people haven't seen the thread. Amazon are doing the roku 3 for £79. I got it from flubit for £70.

In case people haven't seen the thread. Amazon are doing the roku 3 for £79. I got it from flubit for £70.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's a roku?

I'm new to the now TV box

Excuse my ignorance, but what's a roku?

I'm new to the now TV box

It's what the now TV box is but has more features.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,655 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

astrofluff wrote: »
    I have been paying sub for the movies since January and was just about to cancel today and found the posted codes - thanks for that WizWeb and IrishStuff. Only the AFFMOVJLP10 code worked - I may have to wait till the end of the month to try the others as long as they haven't expired.

Just to confirm, I have extended the free pass for the second month using AFFMOVJLP20.

Once you are in your month's free trial after using AFFMOVJLP10 code, you can then apply the AFFMOVJLP20 code for the additional month. Free movies till mid-June for me. Thanks again WizWeb and IrishStuff!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

found code for 20% off sky sports day pass AFFSPORTS20

can I get sports day pass any cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

I didn't read all the posts so I don't know if it has been mentioned before but you don't need the box to get access to the channels. You can just watch them via the web. Apologies if this is common knowledge.

Sign up on the Now TV website and apply the vouchers to get the 2 free months. You will initially need to use your credit card but can cancel once all is set up. You will still get to keep the 2 free months.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

bromley52 wrote: »
    I didn't read all the posts so I don't know if it has been mentioned before but you don't need the box to get access to the channels. You can just watch them via the web. Apologies if this is common knowledge.

Sign up on the Now TV website and apply the vouchers to get the 2 free months. You will initially need to use your credit card but can cancel once all is set up. You will still get to keep the 2 free months.

Their's also a PS3 and xbox app :D I have the nowtv box in one room and the ps3 in another. It's brilliant for game of thrones and stuff :D You need a UK ps3 or xbox account temporarily to download the app though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Daniel112 wrote: »
    Their's also a PS3 and xbox app :D I have the nowtv box in one room and the ps3 in another. It's brilliant for game of thrones and stuff :D You need a UK ps3 or xbox account temporarily to download the app though.

I thought there may be an xbox app, but couldn't find it when searching on my sons xbox.anyone know if there is one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

i suspect they've just all been sold. they were given away with different beers. presumably sky will do similar promotions again. my account wouldn't let me apply the affmovjlp20 for another month free as i'd already availed of a month with the affmovjlp10 :-(

Advertisement